1st For US Military Veterans $1,000 Dollar Essay Scholarship
And that’s 1st, as in First Marines, there you! Hello, and welcome to the Ehline Law Firm Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC. This page discusses our financial aid award for traditional and non-traditional students to further their educations. Our scholarship is available for active duty, EAS, and honorably discharged military vets of the USA. Most of you already know we are a veteran-run company.
So I and many of my fellow lawyers who served know how hard it is to serve and still get an education. The military, in particular, the Marine Corps, didn’t promise you a rose garden. In particular, for military vets with families, attending classes and working to put food on the table is a monumental task.
So this contest does apply to the military with certain exceptions. For example, it does if you are a veteran attending or on active duty attending a private or public post-secondary college. So this particular contest is not available to non-vets at a private elementary or secondary school, for example. But our 1,000-dollar essay contest remains available to universities or other U.S. academic institutions and territories.
When families are broke or scraping pennies, many cannot continue with legal education without a little financial help now and then. Because of this, I created the ELFPI military scholarship essay program, which is discussed below.
What Are The Non Negotiable Rules Of Our 1,000 Dollar Military Scholarship Essay?
All applications for the military scholarship must include a copy of your DD-214 with proof of an honorable discharge and a 500 or more word essay about why military vets can make a difference in improving the image of the practice of law.
- Write An Essay On Preventing Military Service Spine And Brain-Related Personal Injuries.
The essay provides examples of how the U.S. military could reduce brain and spinal cord injuries during combat. For instance, we have heard how defective earplugs have caused hearing loss. How could better head protection, body armor, or even military fighting vehicles be engineered to prevent improvised explosive device (“IED”) injuries and death related to brain and spine conditions?
Because most veterans cannot hire a brain injury attorney or spinal cord lawyer for back problems, most vets are relegated to VA disability claims. So they cannot generally sue the military, its officers, or others in most cases. But because military personnel can potentially possess the rights to sue a negligent civilian manufacturer who made products designed to prevent specific battle-related injuries, we want to see how you would approach this if you were a lawyer.
For example, could a Humvee’s armor be made better? Could a helmet or its internal padding be made safer? Could body armor or even unit tactics be changed to prevent an IED injury, for example? Include in your essay whether or not you think the present protection systems are inadequate, who you believe is liable, and why. We are not looking for a scientific treatise.
What we are looking for is your ability to research statistics, follow instructions, and issue spotting. Winners of this contest will be automatically enrolled in our summer law office internship selection program. Our lawyers want to see how your military training helped you think to save and protect lives, not as a life-taker but as a caretaker.
Runs Yearly Till 2030 – Deadline and Other Submission Information
Ehline’s military scholarship program expires in ten (“10”) years from October 1, 2020. So it runs annually until October 1, 2030. Students who do not win in the first, second, or later years are welcome to re-apply each following year until they succeed, whichever time shall come first.
RECAP: This particular scholarship is for military veterans. Our founder, personal injury attorney Michael Ehline, is an honorably discharged U.S. Marine (Read More.) But we do not discriminate if you are a veteran of a sister service, and the contest is also open to Coast Guard, even though this armed force is under DHS and not DOD.
- Students must submit essays and applications electronically by email, either Word or Word Perfect, by no later than November 15, 2022 – 2030. There are no exceptions.
- Candidates selected for the run-off phase will be contacted by electronic mail on or before the contest year, December 1, 2022 – 2030.
- Candidates who are accepted shall show valid proof of their current enrollment or participation and GPA by no later than December 5, 2022, through 2030 of that contest year.
- Somebody shall contact the winner of the military scholarship contest by electronic mail by December 15, 2022 –2030, respectively.
Participants must meet and agree to the following criteria:
- Participants must be enrolled in an accredited Law Office Study Program or Law School, such as a judge’s chambers, law school, another university, or related, or a certified trade school in several states. We reserve the right to consider other non-traditional educational learning entities on a case-by-case basis in the interests of inclusion.
- Must either prove a GPA that shows a cumulative Grade Point Average(GPA) of 3.0 or higher or proof of continuous study until the time of the receipt of the award.
- All submissions shall be received by 10/15/ of each calendar year till 2030.
- As stated, all vets must show proof of honorable discharge.
Even if they are not the winning articles, the top placing pieces will also be considered for publishing on one of our legal blogs and include your author’s info, image, description, and bio. So even the losers of the scholarship will still have a chance at recognition and honorable mention on our esteemed legal blogs and sites.
Include all the above forms in either Word or Word-perfect Format. Add your DD214 and Proof of GPA as a PDF attachment.
- Additionally: We will need your full name, the professor, attorney, judge, or school under which you study, and the names and contact info of at least two character references. Former commanding officers and NCOs are acceptable for veterans as character references.
We hope you will continue participating in the scholarship. We will be offering the same award yearly, and we have decided to keep the program going indefinitely.
- Deadline: These are both yearly contests; the last day to submit the required materials for each competition will be 11-01 of each year.
Additional Contest Entrance Requirements.
- All applications shall be via electronic mail to michael AT ehlinelaw.com. (If there is a problem with the attachment or file size, contact us via email, or call 213.596.9642 if emails get rejected.)
- Students must apply as per the above-stated guidelines.
- If in a school, they must present proof of GPA, for their time accumulated for the calendar year, or evidence of good student status in the form of signed writing from their official instructor or supervising attorney if not in school.
- All applicants must show proof of state or federal citizenship in the U.S incorporeal government.
What Constitutes Valid Proof of Basic Educational Requirements and Timing?
- First Phase: This stage requires an electronic copy of the applicant’s essay and application. As we vet and identify each candidate that passes the first phase, the reviewing agent will only require a new official or unofficial transcript provided by the given learning institution, law school, college, or university.
- Second Phase: Applicants selected to become candidates will get notified no later than November 15. Time to provide proof of educational requirements starts at that point and is secondary and only comes into play upon reaching candidate status.
The three (3) top candidates, if any, selected by our board of review to enter the primary contest are the only individuals required to notice Ehline Law. The notice shall consist of each candidate emailing the official, unaltered transcripts and proof by no later.
- The time to provide evidence shall be no later than December 5, 2022 – 2030.
Download the Application
Any additional queries should be directed to email@example.com.
- What Other disclaimers and conditions are in addition to the above waiver, terms, and responsibilities? At this moment, applicants agree and accept the rules that any award, prize, or reward received shall be utilized for things like school-related expenses. These would include laptops, tuition, books, and school-related supplies, as they are commonly understood. By providing Ehline Law Firm with your essay, application, or any supporting materials, all applicants agree to and accept these rules.
All information other than transcripts and proof of education may get used in any media, including television, intricate print, websites, blogs, videos like YouTube, and so on. So you, at this moment, permit us to use your essay and application on any educational or commercial platforms discussed or mentioned above, whether you won or lost the contest.
If you are interested in any of our other awards or want to learn more about the California State Bar Law Office Study Program, feel free to contact a local Los Angeles personal injury attorney nearby. Direct your queries to our email address above. Please do not contact us during regular business hours by our local telephone number regarding these programs. Usually, we are busy assisting injured victims near you during these times, and these contests are charitable events and offerings. Thank you for supporting a healthy legal system and reviewing our site.