Diamond Bar is a small geo area within Los Angeles County. Diamond Bar is a beautiful city with plenty of green parks and a good school district. The houses are well-kept and the streets are generally clean. This area is close to many cities, but it has only a few shopping areas, which limited the residents’ options when it came to buying food. Although it is a great place for kids and beautiful, your experience can become a serious injury or death if you end up in an accident or premises liability situation. Whether a car accident, work-related incident, or any other accident, injuries can completely turn your life around, causing physical and mental pain along with the financial strain of paying medical bills.
Ehline Law and our personal injury attorneys have over a decade of experience handling personal injury claims and lawsuits in California and Texas. We have helped over 3,000 injured victims and recovered in excess of $150 million in compensation for our clients. Contact our Diamond Bar personal injury attorneys to learn more about your rights if you’ve suffered injuries in an accident due to another’s negligence. Even if you need a criminal defense lawyer, or a lawyer for a slip-and-fall accident at a local store, call us before opening your mouth! Our aggressive legal representation can make the difference in the amount of monetary compensation you obtain against big insurance companies.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Ehline Law is a leading personal injury law firm that primarily specializes in many different types of personal injury cases representing individuals, including the following:
- Car accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- ATV crashes
- Aviation and airport accidents
- Bus crashes
- Train accidents
- Cruise ship accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Intervening acts of God.
Personal injury law is a broad field of practice that allows injured victims to recover compensation for the damages back injuries incurred in many types of accidents. Whether you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident, medical malpractice, or any other accident, our skilled personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling thousands of personal injury cases and aggressively fighting for the compensation our injured clients deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles
There are three categories of related practice areas of personal injury law, and these include the following.
When a person owes another a duty of care, they are responsible for ensuring they act in a reasonable manner to avoid any accident or harm to the other individual.
For example, a driver owes other road users a duty of care to drive responsibly and in a reasonably safe manner to prevent harm to others.
Failure to do so can lead to liability for which injured victims can pursue a negligence claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company and hold them responsible for the damages.
When a person harms another individual intentionally or engages in conduct they know it could cause injuries to another party, they may be liable for the damages.
Some examples of intentional acts for which injured victims can recover compensation include assault, battery, false imprisonment, trespass, and defamation.
In some cases, state laws may hold a person responsible regardless of whether it was negligence or an intentional act; this is known as strict liability.
For example, dog bites fall under strict liability, and injured victims may recover compensation for dog bite injuries without having to prove negligence.
Just like how injured victims can recover compensation by pursuing personal injury claims, certain people are eligible to obtain monetary damages after losing their loved one due to another’s negligence.
Other Accidents We Take:
Our best Southern California trial attorney will take any catastrophic injury accident, including:
- Auto accident neck injuries
- Construction accidents involving electrocution
- Truck accidents involving burn injuries
- Injured workers with smoke inhalation
- Workers compensation wrongful death claims
- Civil rights and police shooting legal matters.
Under California law, only a few parties have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim, injury victims and surviving family members are one of them. Our Southern California trial lawyers are ready to pursue maximum compensation on behalf of you and your loved ones. A certified specialist is a phone call or virtual consultation away.
Who Is Liable for Personal Injuries in San Diego?
The majority of personal injury cases our law office handles revolve around negligence causing bodily injuries and property damage. Depending on the law center the type of accident, one or many different parties could be liable for personal injuries in an accident in San Diego.
For example, the other driver, government agency, auto manufacturer, or repair garage could be liable for your injuries in a car accident.
Failure to identify the parties could lead to a case dismissal or you losing monetary damages. It is crucial for accident and injury victims here in Diamond Bar to work with experienced Diamond Bar personal injury attorneys to help investigate the accident and determine the responsible party for causing your personal injury matter.
Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
To hold any party responsible for the damages, it is essential to establish the elements of negligence, which includes:
- Duty of care: This is a legal obligation on an individual who must adhere to a standard of reasonable care when carrying out acts that could foreseeably injure others. For example, a driver owes other road users a duty of care to follow traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach occurs when a person who owes another a legal duty fails to adhere to reasonable care. A driver who runs a red light is negligent and breaching their duty of care to other road users.
- Causation: When a breach of the duty of care directly leads to injuries to another party, it is known as causation. It is one of the most critical elements of a personal injury case which the plaintiff must prove to have a valid claim. For example, a driver who runs a red light crashes into another vehicle causing serious injuries to the other party. The injured victim must provide evidence of causation (CCTV footage of the incident, photographs, and other evidence) to have a valid claim.
- Damages: This is the final element, which is that the injured victim must suffer damages (medical bills, lost income, or other types of damages) for the court to award them compensation. During your free case evaluation, we will confidentially answer and ask questions to help you achieve your goal of getting paid the most money for elder abuse, auto accidents, and more.
Common Mistakes You Should Avoid in a Personal Injury Case
If you suffered injuries in an accident in San Diego due to another’s negligence, you must avoid making the following common personal injury case mistakes.
Accepting the First Settlement Offer
Insurance companies assign a claims adjuster to personal injury claims who immediately make an offer. You may feel tempted to accept the first offer that comes your way, but it is important to note that you’re not getting the compensation you deserve.
You must speak to an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case and let them evaluate the settlement offer before accepting or making a counteroffer.
Prolonging Medical Attention
It is crucial that you seek medical attention immediately after an accident, even if you’re feeling fine. Some injuries may take time to manifest, while others may start as minor pain and become a medical complication later. Getting a quick medical evaluation helps identify the injuries and allows victims to begin their medical treatment.
Prolonging medical attention can also give the insurance company a reason to deny your claim. They may argue that the injuries sustained in a fall accident are due to your failure to get immediate medical treatment after the accident.
Posting about the Incident on Social Media
The at-fault parties can use whatever you post on the internet against you, even if you later delete the post.
Even celebrating your child’s birthday can be gunpowder for the defendant to use and argue against you. It is best to stay low following your injuries and speak to an experienced personal injury attorney.
After you suffer injuries in an accident, you should contact a skilled personal injury lawyer immediately. The insurance company and the at-fault party start working together to build a solid defense against you right after the accident.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can guide you in responding to the insurance company whenever they call and protect your legal rights against the strategy they make.
Statute of Limitations – How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
After an accident injures a person, they only have a limited time to bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. Under the California statute of limitations, the injured victims only have two years following their injuries to pursue a civil action and seek compensation with help from a member of the California State Bar.
However, when a government entity is responsible for your accident, the statute of limitations reduces to six months. The legal process here is also different as the injured victims must file a claim with the relevant government department within six months and wait for their response.
It is important to remember that certain exceptions can put a hold or pause on the statute of limitations. Even if it’s been two years since you suffered injuries, you still may be able to pursue a Diamond Bar personal injury claim.
Accident victims should immediately discuss their case with experienced Diamond Bar personal injury lawyers to determine how much time they have to pursue claims.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Ehline Law’s Diamond Bar personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. We don’t charge any upfront legal fees for taking on a personal injury case and only take a percentage of the award if we win.
This arrangement allows accident victims to get the full legal services and representation they deserve without worrying about the financial resources to pay the attorneys.
What to Do When You Have Suffered a Personal Injury from Someone Else’s Negligence in Diamond Bar, Los Angeles County
When you suffer catastrophic injuries in an accident in Los Angeles, CA, you must take the following steps to protect your personal injury case:
- Call 911 to report the accident and request help if required.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene, injuries sustained, parties involved, and the surroundings for anything that may add value to your claim.
- Request the at-fault party for their contact and insurance information.
- If there are any witnesses, speak to them about what they saw and take their contact details.
- Head to a hospital for medical evaluation and treatment.
- Speak to our experienced Diamond Bar personal injury lawyers to discuss your case.
Why Should You Hire an Ehline Law Diamond Bar Personal Injury Lawyer
The following are some reasons you should hire Ehline Law Diamond Bar’s personal injury lawyer after sustaining injuries in an accident.
Many surveys show that injured victims recover more with a personal injury attorney than those without legal representation.
At Ehline Law, our personal injury lawyers have worked with many injured clients after they received significantly low settlement offers from insurance companies. Although every case is different, our personal injury lawyers routinely get higher compensation for our clients than the initial settlement offers made by the insurers.
Without a legal team with expertise and knowledge, the best possible outcome, getting you the highest compensation for your injuries is next to impossible.
Our award-winning personal injury attorneys service law firm is proactive and has given interviews on CNN, CBS, and other media channels, speaking about various laws (cruise ship liability, limousine laws, dog bite statutes, and more) and legal help at creating awareness on legal issues.
It is essential to reach out to a personal injury attorney with local experience to help build a strong case.
Ehline Law and our personal injury lawyers have more than ten lawyers and 15 years of experience handling personal injury claims in California, including San Diego. We know the local laws and can help develop a strong strategy for your future personal injury lawsuit.
Handle Insurance Company
Insurance companies are notorious for bullying injured victims and taking advantage of their vulnerable situations.
At Ehline Law, we take pride in knowing that the insurance companies know about our law firm and our award-winning aggressive personal injury lawyers and that they need to bring A-game settlement offers.
Focus on Your Recovery
Personal injury accidents can leave victims in a vulnerable position. From physical pain and fall injuries to mental anguish, it can take a serious toll on the recovery process, especially when the victim has to deal with a legal issue and the painstakingly long and arduous claims process.
We do this day in and day out, so let our Diamond Bar personal injury lawyer handle the legal career of your claim while you focus on your recovery.
How does our Diamond Bar Personal Injury Attorney Help You after an Accident?
There are many ways our skilled personal injury attorney serving Diamond Bar can help you following your accident, including:
- Ehline Law has the resources to investigate your case and identify the liable parties responsible for your injuries.
- We have the legal knowledge to hold liable parties accountable for your loss.
- We can help locate a lien medical doctor if you’re facing financial trouble paying your medical bills.
- We can help assess and calculate the compensatory damages by working with experts
- Our Diamond Bar personal injury attorney will handle the insurance company and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- We work with our clients in building a trial-ready case and are not afraid to go to court if the insurance company does not agree on a fair settlement.
- Ehline Law has more than 15 law offices across California, including Los Angeles, CA. We’re close by and offer a free consultation on your case. If you cannot make it to our law firm in Los Angeles due to your injuries, call us, and our personal injury lawyer will visit you where you’re comfortable.
Schedule a Free Personal Injury Law Consultation with Ehline Law in Diamond Bar, CA
Put our proven track record in Diamond Bar, CA to work for you and your families. If you suffered injuries in an accident in Los Angeles, CA, due to another’s negligence, contact us at (833) LETS-SUE for a free consultation, as you may be able to seek compensation under California personal injury law. To find out about hiring skilled representation wisely use your initial consultation swiftly for maximum benefit while memories and evidence are still fresh.