Elder Abuse Attorney
[Page updated: 02-08-2021] - Your family is the most important and tightest social unit, and your loved ones must be safe and secure in their physical and financial life. Perhaps your parents or grandparents are retired now and have the chance to live their retirement dreams to their fullest. Sometimes, older people become confined to senior or assisted living facilities in big cities. In either case, your loved one's personal security should be your number one concern.
Our award-winning lawyers at Ehline Law Firm have won clients millions of dollars and are recognized by peers and insurance companies as fierce personal injury practitioners through the State of California. We maintain local law office locations throughout Northern, Central, and Southern California, and we offer 24/7 concierge, curbside service, including free legal advice. Here is everything accident victims must know about recovering money damages for a Los Angeles nursing home, elder, or dependant adult claim under EADACPA.
Table of Contents:
- Helping Traumatized Senior Citizens
- Our Commitment
- Types of Elderly Abuse
- Victim’s Rights
- Learn More
Elder abuse is a common phenomenon and not so new topic that can be solved in full. When families deal with elder law issues, they have no excuse for failure to be proactive in their loved one's elder abuse matter. The offspring of elders and their close families will face many common concerns over elder gullibility, with their advanced age causing them to fall for sneaky tricks used by evildoers or gaining friendship or various schemes.
No matter your case, you'll need a Los Angeles elder abuse advocate to help solve your problem.
- Elder abuse is a crime that should directly be called an immoral act.
- Offenders are often both criminally and civilly liable.
- On the one hand, the District or City Attorney would prosecute and seek criminal reparations under the Penal Code.
- A civil lawyer like Ehline seeks money damages paying abuse victims for civil elder law statute violations.
If a caretaker hurt a senior, call Ehline Law Firm right now. Stand up for your rights.
Why Must You Hire Your Elder Abuse Attorney Immediately?
Legal experts recommend that you hire an experienced elder abuse attorney for your elder or nursing abuse case. Our older adults are vulnerable, and their bodies are not strong enough to take mental or bodily pains. Surviving families must understand that delaying action will cause death, making their cases completely different in form.
- Elder abuse remains different from other tort cases where you suffer from damages and know who caused the abuse damages or injury.
In these cases, your nursing abuse lawyer must carefully investigate signs of abuse:
- The person taking care of the older person might be deliberately or negligently hurting the abuse victims. When families face abuse allegations or evidence, signs and symptoms are not obvious, so you must look for them. You wouldn’t know if the caretaker of your old parents was supervising them at all in your absence unless maybe you had cameras installed in your house.
- An elder dependent who lacks supervision can walk out of their house and be run over by a vehicle, slip, trip, or fall on a sidewalk, or receive damage in another form.
- An experienced attorney will immediately seek evidence, looking for signs of elder abuse, continuously working to win you compensation for your loved one's injuries.
At Ehline Law Firm, we have seasoned and experienced attorneys old enough to understand the pain of being old. We sympathize with you, honestly representing your cases honestly as possible.
How Does The Los Angeles-Based Ehline Law Firm Help Protect Senior Citizen From Abuse?
Abuse of senior citizens in any way is a shame and a moral crime. If you know or suspect that something untoward occurs to a vulnerable family member or loved one, make sure that you have the proper Los Angeles-based attorney to deal with the situation. Los Angeles elder abuse takes place in many forms, so if you see telltale signs, such as:
- Bedsores (decubitus ulcers),
- Draining bank accounts,
- Neglect you should take action,
- Cases of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse occur daily in California.
Elder abuse happens all across the country, continuing. So be sure to protect your relatives, especially those above retirement age.
Ehline Law Firm is proud to stand on its track record of assisting those in the most need.
- When elders above 65 become prey, these victims must retain the most experienced and aggressive advocates to assist their case.
- Above all, lawyers help victims receive just compensation, setting precedence preventing harm to another future family.
Solutions may go beyond the courtroom, as our committed staff will exhaust all options to take care of your family– to see if there is money in SSI insurance or other ways to make sure that medical bills and other issues do not spiral out of control.
Senior citizens face abuse in many ways, with these events remaining pretty standard around the country and Los Angeles. We have provided a list to help you spot different elder abuse types:
- Neglect: You hire caretakers because they take the responsibility of providing full care to your loved one, a reason why you send your loved one to an elderly care facility. If duties remain unfulfilled, they need must be reprimanded.
- Financial Abuse: Older adults are not healthy physically, with inactive or weakened senses, making things like getting around difficult without assistance. For example, fraudsters may con older people to sign documents without showing them the original content or have them write checks they wouldn’t normally draft.
- Abandonment happens when caretakers leave their older adult patients alone or unsupervised.
- Attorney Abuse: Attorneys of ill repute have convinced their elderly clients to sign documents and write stuff placing the elder's properties and assets in those attorneys' names – outright fraud.
- Physical Abuse: impatient and non-serious caretakers may become angry, beating seniors.
- Sexual Abuse: Abusers may have an abusive kink, sexually assaulting the elder without consent.
What Are Some Strange Things Classified As Elder Or Dependent Adult Abuse?
Whether you believe it or not, California state law considers many things elderly or dependent adult abuse, including:
Forcible seclusion, browbeating, expropriation and embarrassment also line up as definitions of the potential of misconduct. These are contumelious activities. In fact, this remains true even if the wounded consumer does not understand how he or she is undergoing physical hurt or injury – (Michael Ehline.)
How Can I Find Out More About My Elder Abuse Claims?
Elder abuse comes with many signs and symptoms mentioned above, abuse being physical, sexual, and financial, all areas you must look at to discover more about elder abuse causation in your elder abuse lawsuit.
Here are some things that, if noticed, are signs of a possible elder abuse case:
- When you see unusual activity in the elderly person's bank account like large, frequent withdrawals during short periods are significant signs of elder financial abuse.
- Caretakers or friends seeking a "secret" loan are playing you, and if that happens, your family is being fooled.
- The caretaker responsible must handle the elder's expenses and bills, so if you see bills piling up, we have a problem.
- If the older adult lives in squalor despite making payments, this presents another red flag. You have a duty to ensure the elder's guardian fully pays for amenities and living facilities.
- If you notice the older person has received bedsores or prominent body coloring, you now have evidence of potential beating and improper care. You must follow steps to protect the older adult and speak to a Los Angeles, California injury lawyer before more harm occurs. When you immediately hire competent legal assistance, half your battle is won.
Many people want to physically confront offenders, but being emotional like this could mate matters worse, landing in jail or killing them. You must not handle an elder abuse case by yourself, especially if you are not a lawyer. And you can't sleep on your rights while figuring out your next steps.
We at Ehline Law Firm help settle cases fast. Our passion for our profession and justice makes us a relentless team. It doesn’t matter to us whether we are standing against an offending person or an entire corporation; we fight with passion and to make sure we win it for you. Ehline Law professionals have always been helpful to clients, so they never approach us with hesitation.
Your family should put our vast, winning experience to use, so you can win the settlement you deserve for severe injuries or wrongful death of a senior citizen. Our team of L.A. injury lawyers knows Los Angeles and the laws that prevail in this region. We know how to litigate and settle personal injury cases, with more than 30 years of experience and over $100 Million in successful, proven results. You must receive maximum compensation to pay for this travesty and we will help you get that money.
When you hire our superb, dedicated Los Angeles elder abuse lawyers, your claim will be positioned best to achieve overwhelming justice. Our legal team will discuss your options during your free case review, helping guide your path away from this unwarranted nightmare. Elder abuse victims should use our online contact form to receive free legal advice, or they can dial (213) 596-9642 and speak with a victim's lawyer today.