Diaphyseal Sleeve Malfunction Lawsuits
The DePuy Orthopaedics LPS Diaphyseal Sleeve became a popular item recently. Its purpose is assisting with serious knee injuries. It gets used to allow reconstruction of soft tissue and bone problems.
Table of Contents:
How Does Our Lead Attorney Identify With Knee Injuries?
Our lead attorney, Michael Ehline, has had some experience with a bad knee himself. So these types of corrective devices are always on his radar.
- The promise of relief from permanent knee pain can be irresistible.
So to chronic sufferers of Chondromalacia Patella, and Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome it's a godsend. But with great solutions, often come the fallout of significant problems.
- In fact, many terrible problems resulted from the Diaphyseal Sleeve.
Ehline Law believes that manufacturers of these devices can rush products to market. This is to capitalize on the huge amounts of money people will pay. People want to buy things that relieve or reduce the crippling effects of injuries.
But if injuries got even worse, our firm can assist you. Our goal is recovering monetary indemnification. So we go against those who put corporate profits over the little guy like you.
What About The Diaphyseal Recall?
- The sleeve hurt rather than improved movement
- Diaphyseal Sleeves had a high breakage rate. Obviously, this can make the knee pain and discomfort worse.
- In February 2013, the the Sleeve was recalled by the FDA. However, the item got produced between 2008 and 2012.
So the potential effects could have been an issue for hundreds or thousands. This means you could only now be experiencing the effects of the poorly made, or designed product. Also, you normally don't know what to do.
Steps to Take If You are Uncertain as To Your Pain's Causes?
If you are hurting but not sure of the cause, the first thing you should do is:
- See a doctor. This medical provider needs to be fair and impartial. But you must notify him or her of your fears, symptoms, and concerns.
- Diagnose the problem quickly.
- Make a timely malpractice and products claim. Because the Statute of Limitations is often a defense, it gets vigorously used.
Most of all, these defendants wish to escape responsibility for their actions. So acting fast preserves your rights and the evidence.
What is the Classification of the Recall?
This recall was a Class I. So it is considered by the FDA that:
“... involve situations in which there is a reasonable probability that use of these products will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.”
This means that a defect in this product could easily rise to the level of death! Additionally, these items caused at least ten reported serious concerns. Also, this has included 6 fractures so far that we know of.
- What About the Risks of Implant Fracture?
Due to the risk of implant fracture, anyone using a Diaphyseal Sleeve needs legal help.
Who Can Help You With Your Legal Rights?
Victims need to know their legal rights, duties, obligations.
- Lawyers can help discuss emergency surgery
- They can set you up a medical expert
Certain medical issues or injuries could be directly related to this product. So the wearer may be eligible for vast compensation. Now do you see why you should contact a skilled product liability attorney immediately? Get more information at (213) 596-9642.