Paralegal Students $750.00 Scholarship
This injury law firm’s contest initially requires a completed application and essay. All registrants shall be presently registered in an accredited paralegal school, or be pursuing a grandfathered paralegal program offered under the current laws of their jurisdiction and venue. This offering is not for law students. Instead, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys created this offering for those people working in a law office or attending an accredited, or state-recognized paralegal program or learning institution. There is no requirement that applicants have a GED or diploma. People in schools shall show, in addition to the above prerequisites, that they presently maintain a minimum People in schools shall show, in addition to the above requirements, that they currently maintain a minimum 3.0-grade point average (“GPA”). And if you are not in a traditional school, you shall provide proof from your teacher or instructor, in the form of a letter, that you, the student remain an exemplary student. Although the program runs through to 2021, previous winners of the award are ineligible to apply.
Last Date to Apply?This program runs through to 2021 yearly, with annual application deadlines. The annual periods shall be as follows: All essays and other proof of standing to apply shall get electronically emailed via the contact methods included herein, by no such time that is later than correct times below. Failure to abide by any of the below-stated guidelines shall be considered a default or waiver, and disqualification. Any materials received shall be rejected for the contest, and become the exclusive property of Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC.
Deadline to apply: All applicants must submit the original essay and application via electronic mail by no later than October 1, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022. Recipients of the Paralegal Studies Scholarship shall become selected by no later than January 20, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
No non-winning entrants will get contacted, and the ultimate winner of the contest will be announced on the ehlinelaw.com website and via email on the above dates. The winning essay may also get posted online, or another website, as an example of a winning student.
Additional Contest Entrance Requirements.
- All applications shall be via electronic mail to michael AT ehlinelaw.com. (If there is a problem with the attachment or file size, contact us via e-mail or call 213.596.9642 if emails are rejected.
- The student shall be on a lawful paralegal program in their state.
- A student must apply as per the above-stated guidelines.
- If in a school, must present proof of GPA or greater for their time accumulated for the calendar year, or evidence of exemplary student status, in the form of signed writing from their official instructor, or supervising attorney, if not in school.
- All applicants must show proof of state or federal citizenship in the U.S incorporeal government.
What Constitutes Valid Proof of Basic Educational Requirements and Timing?
- First Phase: This stage merely requires an electronic copy of the applicant’s essay and application. As we are vetting and identifying each candidate that passes the first phase, the reviewing agent will only then require a new official or unofficial transcript that gets provided by the given learning institution, law school, college, school, or university upon the second phase.
- Second Phase: Applicants selected to become candidates will be notified by no later than November 15, 2019, 2020, 2021. Time to provide proof of educational requirements starts at that point and is secondary and only comes into play upon reaching candidate status. The three (3) top candidates, if any, that are selected by our board of review to be entered into the main contest are the only individuals required to notice Ehline Law. Notice shall consist of each candidate emailing the official, unaltered transcripts and/or proof by no later than. Time to provide proof shall be no later than December 15, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
Proof of Current Participation and/or Enrollment Required
- What is Proof of Present Enrollment? In addition to proof of GPA, each candidate must show that they are enrolled in their given program. This can be done by showing evidence of acceptance into the next semester, or the present semester if that is unavailable. Enrolling in the next semester can also be a valid method if the first methods are unavailable at the time of the showing of proof. Time to provide evidence shall be no later than December 15, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
The Essay: 400-700 Words Total
In the essay, the first 100-200 words should identify your name, education, employment, and military background, if any. Identify hobbies, or other interests if you wish to do so. This is the basic set up. Tell us any of the reasons that you decided to participate in the Ehline Law Paralegal Scholarship that you think would interest our panel of review.
Essay Must Also Demonstrate The Applicant’s Public Good Will as a Legal Professional?
Yes. Exactly. What Ehline is trying to do, is to identify candidates who are genuinely seeking to make a positive impact on the overall public perception of legal professionals. Besides making money, in what way will the candidate attempt to make a positive impact to achieve those ends? For example, if the candidate was presented with an opportunity to change our legal or court system, what would he or she do, and why? This can be very broad.
- Examples include: "would the candidate seek to reduce jury awards under proposed tort reform, would the candidate try to reverse such laws?" "Would the candidate try to abolish the jury system in civil or criminal cases?" For example, would they elect to appoint professional jurors?
Of course, it can be any similar topic, such as the candidate's plans to be a lobbyist, etc. The essay should also include the reason or reasons that ultimately led the candidate to the choice of becoming a legal professional. Also, the applicant should include an example of a recently disbarred attorney.
Plus it should discuss things you believe lawyers can do to avoid getting disbarred for ethics violations. Would you have given the lawyer a second chance based on the facts? Or would you have made the suspension period greater, less or permanent?
Restatement of Deadline and Submission Information
- All essays and applications must get electronically mailed by no later than October 1, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 of that given contest year. (This is mandatory.)
- Candidates are to be notified via electronic mail of their acceptance into run-off by no later than November 15, 2019, 2020, 2021 of that given contest year.
- Candidates to provide proof of present student status and GPA by no later than December 14, 2019, 2020, 2021 of the contest year.
- Contest winner to be notified by electronic mail by no later than January 20, 2019, 2020, or 2021.
Any additional queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other disclaimers and conditions: In addition to the above waiver, terms, and responsibilities, applicants and candidates at this moment agree and accept the rules that any award, prize, or reward received shall be utilized for things like school-related expenses. So this includes items like laptops, tuition, books, and school-related supplies as they are commonly understood to be.
By providing Ehline Law Firm with your essay, application, or any supporting materials, all applicants agree and accept that these materials, other than transcripts and proof of education, may be used in any and all forms of media. Media includes television, hard print, websites, blogs, videos like YouTube, and so on and so forth.
You at this moment give us permission to use your essay and application on any and all educational or commercial platforms discussed or mentioned above. And this remains true whether you won or lost the actual contest.
If you are interested in any of our other awards, or the California State Bar Law Office Study Program in general, feel free to contact us on Google Plus. Any other questions can be directed to the above email address.
Please do not contact us during regular business hours by telephone regarding any of these programs. Also, please understand that we are busy assisting injured victims during these times. Furthermore, these contests are charitable events and offerings. Thank you for supporting a healthy legal system and reviewing our site.