Choosing the Safest Motorcycle Helmet - A View from a Riding Expert
The Cost vs. Safety Question
There is no dollar value on safety. This goes especially for cases in which there is a high-speed impact on the road. Bikers have to live with that tradeoff every day. No helmet is perfect, but some offer more protection at a reasonable cost. The best motorcycle helmets are often priced in terms of quality.
In other words, if you want the best possible protection, you're going to pay for it. It might seem daunting at first, especially for a new rider. However, with careful consideration, bikers can purchase the best possible protection at a reasonable price.
The View From Someone with Experience
I feel like I have two major aspects to discuss. My experience with motorcycles goes back decades. I am a committed biker myself and want nothing but the best for my own protective equipment. On the other hand, my decades in the legal world taught me about the impacts of motorcycle accidents-- both physical and emotional.
I have the information below to help guide which type of motorcycle helmet is best for you.
What are Several Popular Helmet Options for Motorcyclists?
These include the:
- Shoei GT Air Pendulum, available on the market for just over $400.
- The Shoei Neotec 2, a pricier option at about $700.
- The Bell "Revolver Evo" ready to go for just about $200.
- The Nexx X.WST2 Motrox for about $300.
- The Icon Airmada for around $250.
There are different types of standards, depending on your riding experience and type of use. Ensuring that your helmet includes the top safety features is key to make the right decision.
And these tests often include:
- Impact testing.
- A roll-off test.
- Chin bar test.
- Dynamic retention test.
Remember that no matter how safe the motorcycle helmet is out of the box, wear and tear can cause a loss of functionality. And the same goes for an impact at any speed. So make sure to replace your helmet in case of an accident. You heard right; never wear your headgear for riding once you have crashed.
Unlike a military Kevlar, motorcycle helmets have a foam or other crumple area. Once this area is weakened, that headgear is no longer within DOT safety parameters.
For More Info Contact a Biker Lawyer
If you are confused as to the law or safety issues, we can help. For more info, contact Michael Ehline at email@example.com or read more on the impacts of motorcycle crashes. Our Los Angeles motor vehicle collision attorneys with you safe riding!
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- ATV Accidents
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Bus Accident
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Car Accidents
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- DHL Accidents
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Stats
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Pedestrian Collisions
- Rear Impact Collision
- Speeding Crashes
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders
- Truck Crash Stats
- Two Wheeled Single Vehicle Collisions