Choosing the Safest Motorcycle Helmet - A View from a Riding Expert
The Cost vs. Safety Question.
There is no dollar value on safety. This goes especially for cases in which there is a high-speed impact on the road. Bikers have to live with that tradeoff every day. No helmet is perfect, but there are some that offer more protection at a reasonable cost. The best motorcycle helmets are often priced in terms of quality.
In other words, if you want the best possible protection, you're going to pay for it. It might seem daunting at first, especially for a new rider. However, with careful consideration, bikers can purchase the best possible protection at a reasonable price.
The View From Someone with Experience.
I feel like I have two major aspects to discuss. My experience with motorcycles goes back decades. I am a committed biker myself and want nothing but the best for my own protective equipment. On the other hand, my decades in the legal world taught me about the impacts of motorcycle accidents-- both physical and emotional.
As such, I have the information below to help guide which type of motorcycle helmet is best for you.
What are Several Popular Helmet Options for Motorcyclists?
These include the:
- Shoei GT Air Pendulum, available on the market for just over $400.
- The Shoei Neotec 2, a pricier option at about $700.
- The Bell "Revolver Evo" ready to go for just about $200.
- The Nexx X.WST2 Motrox for about $300.
- The Icon Airmada for around $250.
There are different types of standards, depending on your riding experience and type of use. Making sure that your helmet includes the top safety features is key in order to make the right decision.
And these tests often include:
- Impact testing.
- A roll-off test.
- Chin bar test.
- Dynamic retention test.
Remember that no matter how safe the motorcycle helmet is out of the box, wear and tear can cause a loss of functionality. And the same goes for an impact at any speed. So make sure to replace your helmet in case of an accident. You heard right, never wear your headgear for riding once you have crashed.
Unlike a military Kevlar, motorcycle helmets have a foam or other crumple area. Once this area is weakened, that headgear is no longer within DOT safety parameters.
For More Info Contact a Biker Lawyer.
If you are confused as to the law, or safety issues, we can help. For more info, contact Michael Ehline at firstname.lastname@example.org or read more on the impacts of motorcycle crashes. Safe riding!
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- ATV Injuries
- Auto "Turo" Accident
- Auto Door Latch Defects
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Auto Rental Accident
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Car Accidents
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Cement Truck Accident
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Child Bike Injuries
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Bicycle Injuries
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Construction Accident
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Glass Claims
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- DHL Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Electric Vehicle Accident
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Eye Injuries
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- FedEx Truck Accidents
- Glossary Trucking Law Terms
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Insurance Q & A Video
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Statistics
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Opioid Lawsuit Attorney
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Overexertion Attorneys
- Parking Structure Incident Attorney
- Postal Truck Accident
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Product Defect & Recall
- Rental Car Reimbursment
- Ridesharing - Lyft Accidents
- Road Rage
- School Bus Accident
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Smoke & Heat Inhalation
- Snapchat Distracted Driving
- Soft Tissue Cases
- Spine Compression
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- SUV Rollover
- Taxi Cab Injury
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders
- Tips: Left Hand Turn Crash Avoidance
- Tour Bus Accident Attorney
- Tractor And Trailer
- Traffic Accident - DUI/Drunk Driver
- Traffic Accident - Hit and Run