L.A. Boat Injury Attorney
In particular, Southern California, and Los Angeles, maintains excellent fame for their sunny beaches and crystal clear waterfront. Often, these natural resources help people relax.
Table of Contents:
- How Do We Help Injured Boaters?
- About the Pacific Coast
- The Many Ways Harm Occurs
- Novices and High-Speed Boats
- Minor Versus Major Harm?
- Care and Compassion
- Experienced Counsel Makes the Difference?
Let's look at some reasons people love boating in CA. For example:
- Motor sailing
- Sailboat trips
But the bottom line is, whether on a cabin cruiser, large yacht, or another vessel, you are out on the blue waves away from land and first responders. Unfortunately, another boater on the coastal waterways could be negligent or reckless and cause harm you and other passengers.
And if this negligence happened to you, a loved one, or some other innocent boater, it is usually severe. It's cold out there.
- Water can become so chilly that people suffer hypothermia.
- Even when you wear a life preserver, you and your kids could still suffer grave injuries.
Drowning and other problems are just a few of the other issues faced by a boatless crew. So probably everyone had gotten injured while boating at some point.
So it's likely that the parties, including you, will need some legal assistance. Most of all, a person needs legal guidance through this trying and confusing time.
Maritime laws often come into play, along with California and even Federal laws. The Ehline Law Firm stands ready to assist.
What Does Ehline Law Firm Do For Waterborne Accident Victims?
There is no time for you to wait to act after a Los Angeles boating accident. And this is not just because issues could arise with statutes of limitations. Evidence could deteriorate if you wait too long, among other problems. A skilled boating accident attorney from the Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC, can assist at any point.
And we will send someone to you to speak with you and witnesses right away once we are retained.
Our experts will document the injuries, evidence, and other factors needed in a case like this. Then we will compile any law record from the police or Coast Guard. Next, we'll make sure that your situation is documented correctly.
The Los Angeles Pacific Coast is one of the most beautiful vistas and coastlines in the world.
- It includes harbors and ports of ingress and egress among a vast area.
- Its reach includes Greater Los Angeles from Huntington or Newport Harbor, Orange County.
- This nautical geographic area spreads all the way North to Oxnard, California.
There are many vessels and recreational craft headed to and from Avalon. Mostly this remains true on the weekends during summers.
- Sea Doo™ and Jet Ski™ style craft may be out there among the larger craft zipping around and riding the wakes of the larger craft
- Often fog or other considerations allow collisions to take place
- Sometimes captains become careless.
No matter how hard the L.A. Sheriff and Coast Guard work, they cannot prevent drownings from watercraft accidents completely. Families should have the best possible lawyer when they get hurt or lose a loved one at sea.
Boats can sink for various reasons. For example, the ship's captain and crew may fail to concentrate their focus on other boats and people inside the nearby waterway. Especially on cruise ships, passengers being thrown overboard after a sexual assault are a major cause of death and severe drowning related injuries.
Other boating injuries causes include:
- Waterborne gasoline fires and explosions caused by leaking boat fuel, etc.,
- Inexperienced boat operators docking and departing the harbor, crashing,
- Negligent boat operators colliding with other vessels or sea creatures,
- Flooding of the ship due to water splashing into open portholes,
- Commercial sea captains exercising poor piloting judgment,
- Passengers drinking or on drugs falling overboard.
But just as easily, your boat could capsize from defective bilge pumps allowing sea-water to build-up in compartments below, causing poor weight distribution, etc. Most boats have overpowered engines that lead to higher hydroplaning speeds. But these high speeds can come with risks as the water become choppier and more vessels clog the harbor egress areas and paths to Catalina Island, for example. Unskilled vessel operators cause many boating accidents, but luckily many professional skippers sail in these same sea lanes, providing warning and seeking Coast Guard help in emergencies caused by sea lane collisions.
- Mostly, boaters in LA are weekend warriors.
- So at least these civilian mariners have vets looking out for them with a nice blow of a foghorn
Often, operators without much experience can be negligent and cause serious issues while at sea. Sometimes their passengers and others are hospitalized; other times, the ship's physicians will ship deceased passengers to the morgue. Surviving passengers and crew hurt in these circumstances can face severe brain and neck injuries, among many ailments, including coma or death.
You must contact the right boating accident law firm for your case. But boating accident victims can't just open a phone book and expect the best. No, you must hire lawyers with integrity, knowledge, and the can-do attitude demonstrated by the Ehline Law Firm, acknowledged by our online authority. You already know that's what makes the Ehline difference.
What Is The Difference Between Minor Versus Major Catastrophes On Private Sea Vessels
- But major incidents of bodily harm do happen when a boat driver gets intoxicated, for example.
And this could cause severe impairment and indignity to all involved. So already, these scofflaws are likely navigating recklessly. When this occurs, a victim often faces specific permanent disabilities.
- Boat propellers can also cause devastating injuries
- Broken bones are not uncommon injuries at sea
- Spinal cord injuries
- Missing limbs
When boats collide with objects or vessels, passengers can fall overboard, often being lost at sea, including seamen and skilled swimmers.
- People thrown into the water will risk drowning. And this is truer if they do not have the proper flotation devices.
- Poor behavior can sometimes lead to the loss of passengers and severe emotional stress.
A victim's need for medical and legal help will be vital after a tragedy at sea.
There can be many causes for such an accident, and our attorneys can handle them all. But most of all, you need a lawyer who is caring and understanding your plight who can empathize with you.
Ehline Law Firm is aware of all potential factors; even a skilled captain cannot avoid all issues. We get it, and we are here to place you at ease.
The track record of the Ehline Law Firm is second to none in the greater LA area. We have won hundreds of cases while representing victims of severe injury.
And the record reflects that we will stop at nothing for a total victory.
- Lead attorney, Michael Ehline, is a disabled inactive U.S. Marine. So he doesn’t know how to quit.
Most of all, he wants to help boating and other victims through this challenging time. Our entire firm is attorneys with the skill and resources to assist you to win this case. Let us inform you of your legal rights and find you the proper funding and resources.
Our expert advice will help to guide you through this trying time. Because we are so good, we can help build the value of your case. And as always, we don’t recover attorney's fees unless we win for you. Some Excellent California Boat Accident Attorneys are Only a Phone Call or E-Mail Away.
Boat injuries happen every day on the West Side. If you or your loved one became injured or someone passed away, we vow to assist you as we can. We can meet you wherever needed, whether it be at your house or hospital. Let us be there for you. Call us for your free consultation today at (213) 596-9642. You can also speak to us by using our live chat feature or filling out our online contact form.