Los Angeles Burn Injury Accident Lawyers
Table of Contents:
- Legal services for scorched victims
- What do doctors say?
- Are you getting the best medical attention?
- Are most burns preventable?
- Burn statistics
- Free consultation
Burn injuries rate among the most painful a person can suffer. And these types of injuries also require a very long convalescence period. The melted skin and severe issues to your nerves after a bad burn can traumatize you or your family for life. But the top-rated, five-star burn injury accident attorneys at Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC have the requisite experience, knowledge, skill, and trust of courts, peers, and past clients to score you a win every time.
Burn Injury Compensation In A Nutshell (Video With Transript)
Click to open/close
Just because you think you don't have a burn injury insurance claim, there is no way you can know for sure without calling an honest lawyer with a legal opinion for a free, confidential phone call or Zoom chat. Learn about our burn injury legal representation below or contact a superior injury lawyer near you right now at (213) 596-9642.
On many occasions, the suffering victims of burn injuries cannot survive only because of the pain. The mental anguish and suffering is another sensitive side of this picture. Burns is not just painful, but they have permanent effects on the injured person's body.
They can severely damage the nervous system and body tissues, making a person disabled for life.
Blindness is another common problem when facial burns are in question. The superficial disadvantages represent the bitter side of burn injuries and can be extremely painful for a person. Even if you can survive the burn injuries, they can leave unsightly scars on your face and other parts of the body. Facial burns require cosmetic surgeries, but even the best plastic surgery treatments are not suitable if they are severe.
You lose your self-concept and confidence. Your personal and social life is directly affected. Your friends could also start to behave abnormally towards you if the burns have caused your facial features to become distorted. Plus, your love life is always at stake due to these injuries. And this is the most painful part.
Who Offers Excellent Legal Services For Burn Accident Victims In Los Angeles?
When you suffer burns in Los Angeles, for example, only the best in medical and legal care will suit you. A victim without a skilled injury attorney can often be taken advantage of by insurers and doctors. Also, you can be more emotionally vulnerable than before. After all, living with disfigured, burned up skin tissue is now a sad part of your life.
And L.A. is a prominent place to find a good lawyer. Getting the best legal and medical team is like finding a needle in a haystack. But only a section of phenomenal attorneys with the knowledge needed to take on a case like this can give you solace. The best attorneys will help you avoid significant and long-standing issues. Ehline Law Firm has years of experience as aggressive, award-winning lawyers. Congratulations, we are your needle in a haystack. Keep reading to find out why.
When faced with these severe burns and other injuries, doctors and other medical professionals see the long term emotional and physical effects. Because of this, our attorneys try to help you find the right surgeon to deal with this burn injury. And this remains part of our case management process. With the proper treatment and the rehab process, the wounds may heal.
However, this is still a painful and lengthy process. To recap, only with the best physicians and specialists, you have the best chance to become whole again. And to do that, the major first step is retaining the right law firm for the case. Keeping the insurance adjustor and doctors under scrutiny with a lawyer helps keep you protected legally.
In the 1950s, fewer than ten hospitals in the entire United States specializing in these types of injuries. There have been significant advancements in determining the problems associated with burn injury, and are now approximately two hundred burn care centers in the United States.
Our skilled burn injury lawyers in Los Angeles could assist those needing the right medical professional. These people could help you get the best treatment for your scarring, melted skin, nerve damage, and even inability to sweat.
True! Burn injury statistics show that at least 50% of all burn injuries are preventable. One of every 13 building fire deaths in the United States was caused or created by a child. Children playing with fire/matches, and the resulting fire, as an example, account for more than one-third of preschool children fatalities.
The Statistics on Number of Burn Injuries
In the United States:
- Approximately 2.4 million burns get reported every year
- Hospitals treat about 650,000 burn injuries
- Seventy-five thousand patients get hospitalized
- Of those burn victims hospitalized, 20,000 have significant damages involving at least 25% of their total body area
- Between 8,000 and 12,000, patients with burn injuries die
- Approximately one million will incur significant or permanent disabilities due to burning injury (Journal of Burn Care & Rehabilitation, May/June 1992)
- Most of these statistics are based on the reports received from the hospitals
- Thousands of unreported cases remain absent from the official statistics
Unreported burns cause things like:
- Scalds from caustic liquids
- Match and lighter burn injuries causing disfigurement
- Curling iron burns
- Burns from coffee, tea
- Clothing irons, and others
Children sometimes get admitted to hospitals for these various types of wounds. They are often injured in the kitchen, with the bathroom tub also causing many issues. Burn injuries are nearly as common as car accidents annually.
What Are The Different Types And Causes Of Burns?
Burn injuries have many categories based on the severity of the burns. One class has to do with the extent to which a person's body has gotten burned. Some burns are so severe that the flesh on the bones has been burned and eaten away by the flames. So now, the bone can be seen through the wound. These can usually be classified as 1st-degree burns. Some burns are only 2nd-degree burns, but they are dangerous because they are spread throughout the body, and a large part of the body is burned. Both cases can be severe enough to take the life of the person.
The different types of burn injuries include the following:
- Burns due to explosions: Explosions in vehicles or other toxic waste of factories or within the factory equipment
- Electrical burns: Burns caused by faultily built products
- Thermal burns: Direct exposure to heat or objects that are extremely hot to cause burns
- Chemical burns: Caused by chemicals present in factories and homes
- Scalds: This happens when a person comes in contact with scalding liquid, such as water
Whatever the type of burn is and regardless of its intensity, you are always encouraged to contact a reliable firm like Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC, to get the representation you need to be compensated for the damage. The financial responsibility for your burn injuries can be on different entities, depending on your scenario. A defective product can cause burns, and the liability remains on the manufacturer. For example, such would be a geezer turning up their water hotter than is required because they have nerve damage from old age.
Who Are Some Potential Defendants In My Los Angeles Burn Injury Claim?
Having too high of thermostat temp, as discussed above, is one example. In that case, hotel or apartment management or administration can be held responsible for allowing boiling water into the taps. Factories can be sued for exposing their workers to chemicals that can cause burns without giving them proper protective equipment. Similarly, there are many other cases when burn injuries are caused. The bottom line here is that a decent lawyer can work to get you compensation for money damages.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Statistics from 1992 – Most Common Types of Burns Reported:
- Forty-one thousand heat-related injuries caused an average of 4 lost days of employment work per person
- The most recent figures show 16,500 retail burns, 9,500 manufacturing job burn injuries
- 8,600 service industry burn injuries, including food service
- Fifteen thousand seven hundred significant chemical burns were causing about two lost days of work per person
Those averages include:
- Five thousand eight hundred manufacturing burn injuries occur from items such as chemical products
- 3,200 service industry burns
- Two thousand six hundred retail industry burns and injuries
- People aged 5 to 74 get most burn injuries outside the home, followed by the kitchen area
- From ages 75 and above, a kitchen burn is the most common area for burns. Outdoor fire accidents are the next most common locations
- Burns and fires are the most common causes of accidental death rates in the U.S. home for children 14 years of age and under and the third leading cause of unintentional death for all adults
- Scalds are the primary nexus of burn injury death in the home for children from birth to age four and are forty percent of the burn injuries for children up to age 14
- The U.S. National Burn Information Exchange statistics show that people older than sixty have an increased risk of burn injury. Their burn risk is higher than any other time since their youth. These burns are more severe than in any other age cohort
- The most typical burns for older adults are from flame or scalding, often due to trash fires, furnaces, explosives, bathing, or falling asleep while smoking
- The U.S. National Fire Protection Agency states that the one age class more likely to be killed in a house fire is 75 and above
- Burn injuries are among the most expensive catastrophic injuries to treat. A burn of 30% of the total body area can cost more than $200,000 in initial hospital bills. There are high additional costs for an extensive burn injury, including repeat admission fees for reconstruction and rehabilitation
What Compensation Is Possible For Your Severe Burns?
You can get compensated for all types of damages and losses that have resulted from the burn injuries. These damages could be physical, emotional, financial, etc. The way to help guarantee yourself compensation is by contacting an experienced lawyer who has handled burn and explosion cases in the past immediately after the event has taken place
Once you have the right lawyer standing by your side, you can have the responsible party compensate you for the following:
- Expenses on medical treatment of burns
- Expenditures on nursing
- Any plastic surgery expenses
- Physical therapy
- Psychological mentoring
- Cost of medication
- Loss of wages
- Loss of capacity to work
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
But excellent lawyers can help you get the best surgeons and doctors for your treatment. It is their obligation when they have picked up your case. After all, they're the best. So they must have excellent public relations and access to medical resources. But they must be the best to do that. At Ehline Law, we know we can arrange the best treatment for you at the state's best hospitals.
Good question. First of all, burns and explosion cases are difficult ones. It is not always comfortable to hold someone responsible for a burning injury. The instances need proper investigation. Furthermore, when you are standing against big companies (i.e., the manufacturers of defective products), you cannot fight alone. Only the people who know the game can win the case for you. Fighting insurance companies, the offending party, and obtaining complete compensation is critical.
You will need money for physical, financial, and emotional damage. And that only remains possible using the most experienced, seasoned, and knowledgeable attorneys. Ehline Law Firm is where a team of the most professional lawyers work for your benefit. Also, we know Los Angeles. Plus, we have the best facilities for treating your burn injuries. That way, we can help you remove unsightly scars from your body. We have fought such cases in the past and for 30 plus years. Most of all, we have built an impressive track record.
Plus, we are here to make sure you don't pay a penny out of your pocket. After all, this was something you didn't cause. Many satisfied past clients agree that Ehline Law Firm was the best choice.
It was the entity that caused the damage that placed you here. So why should you be made to pay for and fix damages caused by someone else?
If you need Los Angeles to burn injury legal assistance, speak to expert Michael Ehline at (213) 596-9642.
- Hot Water Heater Injury? Tap water, when overheated, can cause painful burns. These often occur with a faulty water heater or thermostat.