Connecticut Tesla Crash Latest Roadblock for Self Driving Cars
Yet Another Crash of a So-Called "Self Driving Car."
Beware Los Angeles police. A Connecticut police cruiser is in worse shape after yet another Tesla crash this week. According to State Police, a Tesla Model 3 rear-ended one of their patrol cars. The driver stated that the vehicle was on autopilot. He turned around to check something, and next thing he knew, there was a crash.
The Drive also reported on the incident.
It posted several clear photos of the damage done. The driver was ticketed with charges of reckless driving and reckless endangerment. The only good thing to come out of the crash was that no one was hurt. The crash also comes after a deadly Tesla collision while the vehicle was also on autopilot.
Tesla can promise the world, but these examples show the opposite. Drivers were unaccustomed to how this new tech work are only making the matter worse. Besides, Tesla's promises mean that drivers don't know how to use their flawed systems. All of this is a recipe for more accidents, more injuries, and more deaths.
Promises Yet Unfulfilled.
For all of the promises of self-driving cars being just around the corner, this crash is evidence of anything, but. In fact, over the last several years, such accidents have become more commonplace. Why would the consumer want to risk their family or their car to such a scheme? Tech is still catching up with the self-driving promises of big companies. It also shows that such tech is probably decades instead of years away.
It also shows that many of the top proponents of self-driving cars are selling us short. By promising more than they can deliver, we are the real losers. The deaths, injuries, and thousands of dollars of damage caused by these errors are not just background noise. Instead, they represent what should not be on our roads. Let's hope LA doesn't jump into this.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Bouncy House Injury
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Catholic Church Abuse Lawyers
- Chantix Lawsuits
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Dangerous Chemicals
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Diaphyseal Sleeve Malfunction Lawsuits
- Elder Nursing Homes and Dependent Care Regulations
- Elevator Accident Lawyer
- Employment Law Claims
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Funeral Home Error Attorney
- Gas Explosions
- Gender Discrimination
- Government Claims - Cal Trans Accidents
- Head on Collisions
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Mercury Poisoning
- Michael P. Ehline Bicycle Attorney
- Opioid Lawsuit Attorney
- Playground Accident
- Recreational Duck Boat Accidents
- Relevant Los Angeles, California Dog Laws
- Sex Abuse/Assault
- Shaken Baby Lawsuits
- Slip And Fall
- T-Bone Broadside Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Tips: Left Hand Turn Crash Avoidance
- Toasted Skin Syndrome
- Tort Claims Act
- Traffic Accident - Pedestrian Collision
- Train Accident
- Tread Separation
- Wrongful Death Elements