Top Good And Bad Los Angeles, California Motorcycle Clubs
There was a famous Clint Eastwood movie called the "Good the Bad and the Ugly." There were heroes and anti-heroes. The same goes for LA Motorcycle clubs. There are a variety of motorcycle clubs throughout the state of California.
Many are clubs based on various points of interest that can be broadly organized into the following categories:
- Outlaw motorcycle clubs and 1%ers
- Non-outlaw motorcycle clubs.
Most often than not, the term motorcycle club brings up images of drug-trafficking and violence, but many clubs are not considered to be under this outlaw and 99% are considered to not be 1%ers. And for now, no females riders are allowed to be anything other than the 99%. Many of these outlaws and riding organizations type clubs are simply just a riding family. And typically, these male-dominated M.C.s usually remain centered around a specific interest like being a veteran, police officer, or the type of bike you ride.
Folsom Freedom Riders
Located in the Sacramento region, this club is known for being open to all. The Folsom Freedom Riders have no affiliation with any of the larger outlaw motorcycle clubs and are based on the interest of cruising with others. This club has no particular interest (like specific career interests or gender), but they are affiliated with California’s Correction and Rehabilitation meaning that Peace Officers are recommended to join.
Devils Brew M.C.
Devils Brew M.C. is reasonably large and has a chapter located in San Diego. This motorcycle club has more membership requirements than the Folsom Freedom Riders. This club is exclusive to male-veterans and cruiser bikes only. They try to organize rides periodically.
However, the image of the “one-percent” motorcycle clubs is still an active force in the crime community. Many of these biker gangs started in the ‘60s and ‘70s and are still present today. Many of the larger motorcycle gangs have established themselves in their area as a dominating force of violence and are slowly spreading to new areas. In California, three motorcycle gangs hold influence in California: Vagos, Mongols, and Hells Angels.
Vagos - 1%
This outlaw motorcycle club is one of the largest with as many as 4,000 members. In California, they are more active in Southern California near the borders of Arizona and Mexico. Authorities know them for drug-trafficking and producing, specifically meth-amphetamines. In addition, they have connections with other “outlaw” motorcycle clubs in Mexico. Since being founded in the 1960s, they continued with their extreme hate towards the Hell's Angels.
Mongols - 1%
They are present in Southern California, but their membership is less than half of Vagos. This club has a heavy Latino and Native American presence, and due to this, they have built connections with other Latino street gangs in the area. In addition to street gangs, they have allied with other prominent motorcycle gangs to compete against the Hell's Angels.
Hells Angels - 1%
This motorcycle club probably has one of the most notorious reputations out of any other. Back in the 60s and 70s this club was very prominent and was the face for depicting violent motorcycle culture. Furthermore, Hells Angels used to run the country of the underground biker world. But now their numbers have dwindled due to other motorcycle clubs surpassing them. Even with their numbers dwindling, they still hold a heavy influence over California and other states throughout the nation.
Driving Directions to Ehline Law Firm from Folsom Freedom Riders
Driving time is six h 6 min (407 miles) via I-5 S from Folsom, California by getting on US-50 W from Folsom Blvd 9 min (3.6 mi).
- Follow I-5 S to Los Angeles.
- Take the Interstate 110 S exit from CA-110 5 h 50 min (402 mi)
- Continue on W 4th St. Take S Hope St to W 5th St 3 min (0.5 mi)
The LA Times likes to highlight the negative actions of a few. Of course, this is a tiny minority out of the thousands and thousands of bikers that care for their communities and follow the law. Check out Meetup for an always-updated list of upcoming events in the greater LA area. If you're into older or vintage bikes, there's always Venice Vintage.
The club includes many of the finest bikes made across the world, with a special focus on those made before 1980. For the ladies, there's Belles on Bikes. The club hosts several major meetups during the year and accepts riders of all skill levels. The 59 Club includes bikes of all types with a special focus on older British bikes. Did you miss a list?
Are you a member of a club not included in the ones up above? Drop us a line about your favorite motorcycle clubs in the LA area. Furthermore, here's a chance for us to include each one for our readers and for those that love that different Sunday ride by themselves or with their friends. The love of bikes is one that was meant to be shared.
However, if you ride and haven't been to a club meeting, it might be exactly what you were looking for. We hope that this list helped!
What are the Driving Directions from California Harley Davidson to Ehline Law Firm? So it will take approximately 37 min (20.8 miles) via I-110 N, and this is usually the fastest route to California Harley-Davidson at 1517 Pacific Coast Hwy, Harbor City, CA 90710.
- Get on I-110 N from CA-1 S 5 min (1.6 mi)
- Follow I-110 N to W 4th St. Take the 6th St/9th St exit from CA-110. 23 min (18.8 mi)
- Take S Hope St to W 5th St 2 min (0.4 mi)
- Arrive at Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC. Located at 633 W 5th St #2890, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Amtrak Accident Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- ATV Injuries
- Auto "Turo" Accident
- Auto Door Latch Defects
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Auto Rental Accident
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Boat Accident FAQs
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Car Accidents
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Catastrophic Injury
- Cement Truck Accident
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Child Bike Injuries
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Bicycle Injuries
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Construction Accident
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Glass Claims
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- DHL Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Malnutrition
- Electric Vehicle Accident
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Employment Law Claims
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Eye Injuries
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- FedEx Truck Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Glossary Trucking Law Terms
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Hazardous Materials
- Inattentive Trucker Accidents
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Limousine Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Machine Accidents
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Statistics
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Opioid Lawsuit Attorney
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Overexertion Attorneys
- Oxygen Tank Injury Attorney in Southern California