A free personal injury consultation is an opportunity for individuals who have been injured due to negligence or an unfortunate event. It is a way for victims to speak with a lawyer directly without incurring any cost. During a free personal injury consultation, the attorney will typically review the details of the case, listen to the client’s account of the incident, assess the potential legal claims, and provide initial legal advice on the best course of action.
The purpose of a free personal injury consultation is to allow the injured person to obtain information about their legal rights and options without having to commit to hiring an attorney or paying any upfront fees. It also allows the attorney to evaluate the potential case and determine if they can represent the client or their family members in their personal injury claim and be successful during settlement negotiations.
During the consultation, the attorney may ask questions to gather more information about the incident, injuries sustained, and other relevant details. The client may also have the opportunity to ask questions about the legal process, potential outcomes, and any fees or costs associated with hiring the attorney. After the consultation, the client can evaluate their options and decide if they want to move forward with hiring a personal injury attorney to represent them in their case.
It’s important to note that the specific details of a free personal injury consultation may vary depending on the attorney or law firm. It’s always a good idea to confirm the scope of the consultation and any potential costs or fees with the attorney when scheduling and attending the consultation. The lawyer will need to know about any losses for burial expenses and will ask you to gather evidence as to any medical attention received, lost wages, etc. All this will be important when dealing with insurance company negotiations. Typically, this is how we lawyers avoid having to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Why Is Your Initial Case Consultation So Important?
An initial consultation is where you learn what must occur today to get paid money owed for your troubles later. But only a trained expert can help you understand your cash value and what you must do to preserve and strengthen your case properly. Regardless of the time of the incident, accident victims can contact us and give us an account of why they think they have an important point in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or some other accident personal injuries. Even if another lawyer told you the two-year statute of limitations has become expired, we’d take in what you say to see if an exception applies.
Learning About Personal Injury Claims
For example, what if you were in jail or in a coma for the last two years? Or what if you were of age but not legally qualified to know your rights? Moreover, what if you were a minor when you got hurt? We’ll be all ears as we cull our legal library and strain to find an exception that may apply to your salient spot.
Don’t you agree that you should let hard chargers help you with your serious injury or wrongful death claims? Michael Ehline and staff are discussing motorcycle accident claims with potential customers regularly.
More About Personal Injury Attorneys
Although other Los Angeles car accident firms might charge big-time bucks to take your urgent call, we make the following pledge:
- Like most injury lawyers, we believe in and offer you the instant help you deserve at no cost upfront.
- We know you may be down on your luck, so we provide a listening ear to help solve your puzzling situation, help you get a handle on your medical bills and other losses, and recover compensation for your legal claim.
- Moreover, we understand you’re in trouble and laid up after an accident. And we get it. For example, our agents realize most personal injury victims can’t afford the costs and expenses of meeting a lawyer. But we are going to go over that as part of your free case evaluation.
Why Does A Free Case Consultation With Local Counsel Help You So Much?
Speaking to a qualified injury advocate in the jurisdiction where the defendant lives or works or where the accident happened is probably the most critical meeting in your journey to getting paid after an accident. As unfortunate as it may be, many people don’t approach local injury lawyers for their cases. If they find a lawyer, it’s probably an out-of-towner they heard on the radio. Perhaps popular culture and a catchy jingle were just too much for you to resist as you phoned them from the accident scene?
But now you realize the lawyer you thought you hired for your pressing matter is not the lawyer representing your injury insurance claims. He may either be dead or not even licensed to practice law in California. Because they may have a cash-flow-oriented law practice, they may settle your case for peanuts to keep paying for their expensive billboards. You may have seen their terrible online reviews after the fact and see a similar pattern. These guys are a PI law settlement mill, and your case will not be used to support some greedy lawyer.
We see common issues: once a PI mill like this gets a big case, like a brain injury involving a heavily insured FedEx vehicle, your case gets shorter. For example, has the attorney even sent a letter of representation to the insurance adjuster? How about the customary demand for the preservation of evidence letter? Have all parties been notified they must hold on to and not throw away or use bleach bit on your evidence? How much time has passed since you last saw your attending physician about your pain and suffering complaints? Who is helping manage your care from a legal perspective? Why hasn’t your lawyer sent out an insurance demand for payment letter yet? “What’s happening with my personal injury case?”
Many of these heavily commercial firms hire wet, behind-the-ears lawyers in exchange for their website’s faceman. Moreover, this lawyer you got stuck with is still a kid and doesn’t even know how to type a proper demand letter, let alone how to propound basic discovery interrogatories and questions.
Why should I hire a personal injury attorney?
- Legal Expertise: Personal injury law can be complex and varies from state to state. A personal injury attorney has the knowledge and expertise to handle personal injury cases, including understanding the relevant laws, regulations, and legal procedures. They can navigate the legal system on your behalf and protect your rights.
- Experience with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging. Insurance adjusters may try to minimize your claim or deny it altogether. A personal injury attorney has experience negotiating with insurance companies and can advocate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Evaluation of Your Claim: A personal injury attorney can evaluate the full extent of your injuries and damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. They can help you understand the potential value of your claim and ensure that you are fully compensated for your losses.
- Investigation and Gathering Evidence: Building a strong case requires thorough investigation and gathering of evidence. A personal injury attorney can conduct investigations, and gather relevant evidence such as medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and expert opinions to support your claim. This can greatly strengthen your case and increase your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
- Legal Representation and Advocacy: If your case goes to court, a personal injury attorney can provide legal representation and advocacy on your behalf. They can present your case in court, argue your position, and protect your rights. Having a skilled attorney by your side can greatly improve your chances of success in court.
- Peace of Mind: Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury can be stressful and overwhelming. Hiring a personal injury attorney can provide you with peace of mind knowing that you have a legal expert handling your case and fighting for your best interests, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
Hiring a personal injury attorney can greatly benefit you in navigating the legal complexities of a personal injury case, maximizing your compensation, and protecting your rights. It is always recommended to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney if you have been injured due to the negligence of another party. Remember to choose an attorney who has expertise and experience in handling personal injury cases and who can provide you with the best legal representation. Always consult with a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction for legal advice. This information is not a substitute for legal guidance.
How Do I Request A Free Personal Injury Consultation?
To request a free personal injury consultation, you can follow these steps:
- Research Personal Injury Attorneys: Look for reputable personal injury attorneys in your area. You can search online, ask for recommendations from friends or family, or contact your local bar association for referrals.
- Contact the Attorney: Once you have identified a potential personal injury attorney, you can contact their office to request a consultation. Most law firms have websites or phone numbers listed where you can reach out to them. You can typically find their contact information on their website or through an online search.
- Request a Free Consultation: When you contact the attorney’s office, mention requesting a free consultation for your personal injury case. The staff will likely ask you for basic information about your case, such as the nature of your injuries, the date of the incident, and any relevant details. Be prepared to provide this information during your initial contact.
- Schedule the Consultation: If the attorney agrees to provide a free consultation, you can schedule a time and date for the consultation. Most personal injury attorneys offer consultations in person, over the phone, or via video conference, depending on their preference and location.
- Prepare for the Consultation: Before the consultation, gather any relevant documents related to your case, such as medical records, accident reports, and insurance information. Take notes on the details of your accident and injuries and any questions you may have for the attorney during the consultation.
- Attend the Consultation: During the consultation, the attorney will listen to the details of your case, ask questions to gather more information and provide you with legal advice based on their assessment of your case. Be sure to ask any questions you may have and provide all relevant information to the attorney during the consultation.
- Evaluate Your Options: After the consultation, evaluate your options and decide if you want to hire a personal injury attorney to represent you in your case. Consider their experience, expertise, communication style, and any fees or costs associated with their services.
Please note that the process of requesting a free personal injury consultation may vary depending on the specific attorney or law firm. Confirming their consultation process when you contact them is always a good idea. Also, be aware that “free consultations” may have limitations, so it’s important to clarify with the attorney what services are included in the consultation and any potential costs or fees that may be associated with your case.
What to Expect During Your Personal Injury Lawyer Consultation
During your personal injury lawyer consultation, you can generally expect the following:
- Initial assessment of your case: The attorney will review the details of your case, including the circumstances of the incident, the injuries you have sustained, and any relevant documentation or evidence you may have.
- Discussion of legal rights and options: The attorney will provide you with information about your legal rights and options based on the facts of your case. This may include discussing potential legal claims, liability, and the types of damages you may be entitled to recover.
- Evaluation of the strength of your case: The attorney will assess the strength of your case and provide an initial evaluation of the likelihood of success based on their experience and knowledge of personal injury law. They may also discuss potential challenges or issues that may arise during the legal process.
- Explanation of the legal process: The attorney will explain the legal process for pursuing a personal injury claim, including the steps involved, the timeline, and what to expect at each stage. They may also explain the potential outcomes and potential risks associated with pursuing legal action.
- Opportunity to ask questions: You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the legal process, your case, and the attorney’s experience and approach to handling personal injury claims.
- Discussion of fees and costs: The attorney will typically discuss the fees and costs associated with handling your case, including how they are calculated and any potential expenses you may incur during the legal process. This may include contingency fees, where the attorney is paid a percentage of any settlement or award you receive or other fee arrangements.
- Decision on representation: After the consultation, you can evaluate your options and decide if you want to hire an attorney to represent you in your personal injury claim. If you decide to move forward, the attorney will typically provide you with a retainer agreement or engagement letter outlining the terms of representation.
It’s important to note that the specific details of a personal injury lawyer consultation may vary depending on the attorney or law firm. It’s always a good idea to confirm the scope of the consultation and any potential costs or fees with the attorney when scheduling and attending the consultation. Be sure to come prepared with any relevant information, documents, and questions to make the most of your consultation and make an informed decision about your legal options. ́
How long do I have to file a Los Angeles personal injury claim (statute of limitations)?
In Los Angeles and throughout California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim depends on the type of injury and the circumstances of the case. The general statute of limitations for most personal injury claims in California is two years from the injury’s date or discovery.
However, there are some exceptions and variations to this general rule.
- Medical malpractice claims: The statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims in California is generally three years from the date of injury or one year from the date of discovery of the injury, whichever occurs first.
- Claims against government entities: If your personal injury claim is against a government entity, such as a city or county, the filing timeline is much shorter. You may need to file a claim with the appropriate government agency within six months from the date of the injury.
- Minors and incapacitated individuals: If the injured party is a minor or an incapacitated individual, the statute of limitations may be extended or tolled (paused) until the individual reaches the age of majority or regains capacity.
It’s important to note that failure to file a personal injury claim within the applicable statute of limitations can result in your claim being time-barred, meaning you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries. Therefore, it’s crucial to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your injury to ensure that you comply with the applicable statute of limitations and protect your legal rights. The specific statute of limitations for your personal injury claim may vary depending on the circumstances, so it’s best to seek legal advice from a qualified attorney to ensure that you meet all necessary deadlines.
Bring Updated Notes and Records About Your Personal Injury Accident
It can be hard to remember two key points in the process of recovering your personal injury claim. Find detailed directions for a rescue operation. Take detailed notes about your injuries immediately and throughout the process to preserve these records and to help prevent any future accidents. This should definitely assist your personal injury lawyers in making a better case against the insurance company.
Can someone come to my home, visit the hospital or see me at a place other than your office?
Yeah. We come to clients anywhere in the United States for the first meeting and consultation with a personal injury lawyer.
How Much Are My Personal Injury Attorney’s Professional Fees?
Generally, the attorney charges a percentage of the settlement on a contingency fee basis. But if no recovery can be obtained for the claim you are seeking to negotiate or litigate, the law offices you hired are not entitled to be paid an attorney’s fee. The best legal advice is to hire a lawyer after car accident or some other tragic event.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
It’s clear the cost is high when a vehicle crashes in California or even Texas. Emotional distress and physical pain alone can be excruciating. Reduced earning capacity and other limitations can drastically reduce your quality of life. We also understand that hiring an attorney can potentially increase the amount your case is awarded. Our attorneys work in contingency fee arrangements, so you can trust us to put in the work and make it a viable case. During the trial, the Los Angeles accident lawyers are never paid unless we recover financial compensation from the responsible party on behalf of you or your loved one.
You can avoid expensive attorney’s fees. Instead, you can concentrate on your medical recovery, and you can also look after your family. We will take care of your claim with utmost professionalism. We will fight for the cash you need and even proceed to file a lawsuit if necessary. We will take the risk and investigate on our dime. If we lose the case against the negligent party, you pay us nothing for our financial losses in pursuing compensation.
Discuss the Lawyer’s Experience
Most lawyers’ skills came from their experience. In this way, lawyers know insurance firm practices, court procedures & relevant litigation laws. Ask your attorney what cases he’s dealt with. When someone faces similar issues, they should speak with another attorney.
Talk About Fees
Oftentimes a client’s dispute is a matter of fees. For more detailed information, please get in touch with us. The majority of injury attorneys require contingencies in their services. You need to know what you will get and the answers as to why it will be necessary for you to pay for it. Your health, wellness, and livelihood depend on talking to a trained lawyer to advise you of the next steps.
Form an Attorney-Client Relationship Today
Was someone you love killed? Were you seriously hurt in an accident and suffering from depression? Are you struggling to get a payment from the insurance company for your bodily injury or property damage from a crash or some other incident? It is essential for you to speak to a talented and aggressive personal injury lawyer directly at Ehline Law Firm if you want to recover out-of-pocket losses and damages for pain and suffering. Don’t waste time or blow the statute of limitations. Call us today at (213) 596-9642, or fill out our convenient contact form for a confidential, free virtual consultation online. Learn how we can help you pursue compensation for someone else’s negligence.