The second most populated city in Riverside County, Moreno Valley is one of the fastest-growing cities in Southern California. With exciting new projects, a diverse economy, and a strong business presence, Moreno Valley is a fantastic place to visit, live, or work.
However, if you’re not careful, you may end up suffering injuries in an accident like a Moreno Valley brain injury. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were 603 victims killed and injured in Moreno Valley in 2020. Although the figures are low compared to other places such as Greater Los Angeles Area and San Diego County, even one death is way too many.
Ehline Law and our personal injury attorneys understand the devastating impact an accident can have on the victim and their family members. We have been working closely with injured victims since 2005, protecting their rights and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve.
Contact our Moreno Valley personal injury attorneys if you’ve suffered injuries in an accident in Moreno Valley to learn more about your rights.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Ehline Law, we represent victims and their family members in pursuing all types of personal injury claims, some of which include:
Moreno Valley Personal Injury Law
Whether you’ve suffered injuries in an accident due to negligence or someone intentionally caused you harm, under personal injury law, you may be able to recover compensation for the damages incurred. Personal injury law provides a way for injured victims to seek justice, typically in the form of financial compensation.
Personal injury law covers physical and emotional injuries caused by a person, entity, or organization. Injuries can happen on the road, in school playgrounds, at work, in nursing homes, and anywhere else in Moreno Valley. Victims who suffer injuries due to no fault of their own may be able to pursue a personal injury claim to obtain monetary damages.
Types of Injuries That Can Happen in an Accident in Moreno Valley
The types of injuries sustained in an accident depend on the nature of the accident, the severity of the impact, and the location of the trauma. Generally, Accidents in Moreno Valley can include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones and fractures, soft tissue injuries, lacerations, bruises, cuts, work-related injuries, sexual assault, and many more.
When an individual suffers injuries in an accident, they must seek medical attention immediately. Prolonging medical treatment can lead to medical complications and jeopardize a victim’s chances of recovering compensation.
Damages Recoverable in a Personal Injury Case
When a victim files a personal injury claim, they are looking to recover monetary damages for the harm caused by another individual or entity. Compensatory damages are typically split across two main categories:
- Economic damages: Also known as special damages, economic damages compensate victims for medical expenses, lost income, and property damage. Medical expenses may include surgery costs, rehabilitation, therapy, expected future medical bills, and other medical bills.
- Non-economic damages: Also known as general damages, non-economic damages compensate victims for subjective losses, such as pain and suffering, humiliation, reputational damage, mental anguish, loss of quality of life, loss of consortium, and more.
Although these are very rare, if a court considers the defendant’s behavior extremely egregious, they may award punitive damages. These types of damages do not compensate the victim for their loss but instead punish the defendant for their extremely reckless actions.
How Do You Know If You Have a Legitimate Personal Injury Case?
To have a valid personal injury case, it is essential to establish the following elements:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed you a duty of care. You cannot bring a personal injury claim against someone who does not owe you the legal obligation to exercise a reasonable standard of care. For example, following a car accident, you may be able to sue the driver but not the passenger for your injuries.
- Breach: The defendant breached their duty of care to you. There needs to be an element of negligence, intentional harm, or an act that falls under strict liability tort for which you can hold them accountable.
- Causation: The breach resulted in your injuries. You need to establish causation or the relationship between the defendant’s wrongdoing and your injuries. You cannot blame a car driver for your past injuries and claim compensation.
- Damages: You suffered damages. You must show that you incurred damages following the accident to recover monetary damages.
If you’re unsure whether you have a personal injury claim, you should immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case. An attorney can guide you on whether or not you have a valid claim and pursue the insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
Proving Personal Injury Claims Can Be Challenging
Whether you suffered injuries in an auto accident or any other incident, you must provide evidence to support your personal injury claim. When a person suffers injuries, they must take the right steps to protect their case, which includes the following:
- Call 911 for help if you require emergency services assistance
- If you can move about, it is best to take photos and videos of the accident scene, the hazard that caused your injuries, and the surrounding area.
- Get the names of witnesses and take their contact details.
- Seek medical attention
- Consult an experienced personal injury attorney before you call the insurance company to report the accident.
Do You Need an Attorney to Recover Damages for Your Moreno Valley Personal Injury Claim?
When accident victims deal with an insurance company without legal representation, they often get trapped in the insurer’s lies. In most cases, the insurer tells them that the initial settlement offer is the best they can do, or they’ll try to buy time to find dirt against you to reduce or deny your claim.
An experienced personal injury lawyer knows how to assess and evaluate a claim. They are too familiar with the legal process and can avoid the hurdles or challenges accident victims face when pursuing claims without legal representation.
Skilled personal injury attorneys also know when an insurance company beats around the bush or uses tactics to reduce or deny claims. They can aggressively take up the matter with the insurer and even threaten to take the case to court. Insurance companies do not like to go to court, especially when they know their policyholder was wrong. A threat from a personal injury attorney who has trial experience can open doors for negotiations and even lead to a fair settlement.
When Should You Reach out to an Experienced Moreno Valley Personal Injury Attorney?
After suffering injuries in an accident, most victims don’t think about pursuing legal action. Although seeking medical treatment is important, it is also essential for accident victims to think about pursuing personal injury claims.
When the medical bills start to pile up, and their bank balance dries up, they think about seeking compensation. By then, it may be already too late. Under California statute of limitations, you only have two years after your accident to bring a civil action against the responsible party. If you fail to do so, you will end up losing your right to recover compensation.
Delaying legal action can also jeopardize your case in other ways. The defense attorneys may get enough time to dig up dirt and use it against you to deny your claim.
How Can Ehline Law Personal Injury Lawyers Help You
Ehline Law is a premier personal injury law firm that can provide you with the best personal injury representation in Southern California. Here are a few ways we can help you after your accident:
- We know the state and local laws and have been helping injured victims since 2005. We have tackled more than 3,000 personal injury cases and recovered well over $150 million in compensation for our clients. We understand the state and local laws and can build a trial-ready case to increase your chances of recovering financial compensation.
- Our personal injury lawyers can investigate your accident to gather facts and evidence to bolster your Moreno Valley personal injury claim.
- Ehline Law’s legal team will handle the insurance company while you focus on your recovery. We will aggressively negotiate a fair settlement offer on your behalf.
- Our experienced personal injury attorneys have extensive trial experience with a superior track record. We may take the at-fault party to court if they don’t agree on a fair settlement.
Ehline Law Trial Attorneys: Local Attorneys with National Reputation
Whether you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident or any other accident, here are a few reasons why you should consider choosing Ehline Law for legal representation:
- Ehline Law is an award-winning law firm with many awards and accolades, including the Superlawyers Rising Star award, Premier Personal Injury Attorneys, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and more.
- Ehline Law is a proactive law firm with attorneys working with a purpose. We have helped draft consumer protection laws and have had the pleasure of giving interviews on some of the largest media channels in the country, such as CNN, CBS, and NBC.
- Insurance companies are well aware of the stellar reputation Ehline Law and our personal injury lawyers have. When we take up a case, the at-fault party and the insurer knows they better give a good offer.
- Ehline Law has more than 15 law offices across California, including Riverside County. Visit us now for a free consultation on your Moreno Valley accident claim. If you’re unable to visit us due to your injuries, let us know, and we will arrange for an experienced attorney to come to you.
- Our Moreno Valley personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. We don’t charge any upfront legal fees and only take a percentage of the total award if we win the case for you. Every American has the right to the best legal representation, even if they can’t afford it. Our contingency fee basis arrangement makes it possible to get quality legal help without worrying about whether they can afford it.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Ehline Law Moreno Valley Today!
If you suffered injuries in an accident in Moreno valley due to another’s negligence, contact us at (833) LETS-SUE for a free consultation, as you may be able to seek compensation.