The City of Norwalk is known for its large sugar cane fields and is frequently visited by those who live and work in Southern California. If you drive here frequently, you may have been involved in a farm accident scene with a beet combine harvester truck. Industrial development rapidly occurred in the area during the second half of the twentieth century. One of the houses that Gilbert Sproul built in 1870 is now a museum in the city park where incidentally, there have been reports of assaults, playgrounds, and bicycle accidents with children.
Get a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Los Angeles, or Norwalk, you may benefit from the legal services of an attorney from Ehline Law Offices. To learn more about the law firm and how we can help you with a Norwalk motorcycle, bicycle, or e-scooter accident, please contact us at (833) LETS-SUE.
Horrible Car Accidents and Careless Drivers
In most cases, another driver’s unlawful or negligent behavior is the cause of a severe car accident. In the U.S., thousands of people die each year due to fatal collisions due to alcohol and drug consumption. Fatigue, inexperience, and failure to pay attention to the road are other factors that can lead to deadly accidents. Car accident lawyers can help even the odds of winning compensation from such scofflaws.
What Experts Say?
Experts state that the dangerous effects of distracted driving are just as severe as those caused by drugs or alcohol. Various electronic devices, such as mobile phones, can cause distractions. California Vehicle Code §23123.5 bars vehicle operators from using their smartphones unless it’s placed on a hands-free device system. This is a step in the right direction, but it does not prevent many drivers from using their phones while driving or reading emails, causing a severe car accident or road fatality.
If you were injured in a car crash or an accident caused by a negligent driver, you may be able to pursue compensation from the other party. For more information about our services, please contact our office at (833) LETS-SUE.
Parties Your Car Accident Lawyers Pursue Damages?
Many of the preventable car accidents that occur are caused by the actions of a distracted or intoxicated driver. However, the other party is not always at fault in every severe car accident case.
Legal responsibility for severe injuries from your car accident may be found with the following:
- Negligently manufactured or labeled vehicle parts: Over the years, numerous vehicles have been recalled due to defective components and systems. If you or a loved one got injured because of a defective part or system, the manufacturer, seller, or installer of the item might be liable for your damages.
- Poor or negligent road maintenance: If you were involved in an accident because of the poor maintenance of the road, it could be possible that the responsible party could be held liable. If the negligence of the government caused the incident, then you should notify the relevant authorities so that your case could be handled through special rules. California’s six-month statute of limitations for personal injury claims is only limited to this state under California Government Code §911.2.
- Uber, Lyft, Bus, or taxi company: If the driver of the car that hit you was not the owner of the vehicle, then the company that provides transportation services may be held liable for your accident. For instance, if a rental car company failed to maintain its vehicle, then it could be held accountable for your damages.
- Commercial wheel truck companies: If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident, the responsible party may be the commercial transportation truck company. This could include the owner or operator of the large commercial truck that caused the accident.
- Negligent mechanic or vehicle repair shop: If your vehicle was not maintained properly, you could be held liable for your accident. This includes the car dealership, the repair shop, or whoever did the maintenance who can be pursued for the car accident. The insurance company will fight it, so be ready with a great Norwalk car accident lawyer to win the case handily during settlement negotiations.
Shared Fault for an Accident
Medical bills lost wages, and other out-of-pocket costs tend to skyrocket after a terrible car accident. You need to squeeze every penny you can out of your car accident claim in an auto accident. In California, a type of legal doctrine known as comparative negligence applies to personal injury claims. This means that even if an individual is partially at fault for an accident, they can still receive compensation for their personal injuries afterward.
Damages You May Be Entitled to After a Car Accident in California
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed, it can be very challenging to come back from the effects of the accident. A personal injury claim can help you recover the financial compensation and medical care that you need after being financially decapitated by some jerk who was engaged in distracted driving, leaving you with traumatic brain injuries and car accident damages to your vehicle.
You may be able to entitled to compensation for:
- Some of the most common medical expenses that people encounter are hospital bills, emergency room visits, and prescription drugs. A serious injury from things like truck accidents almost always requires extended therapy and expensive meds. Can you afford all of that?
- Lost wages and lost contracts after being unable to work
- Past, present, and future loss of earning capacity
- Diminished and lost vehicle value due to property damage and repair costs to fix or replace your vehicle.
Non-financial losses may also be recognized. For example, you may be entitled to compensation for your emotional distress, mental anguish, physical pain, loss of enjoyment of life, scarring, and disfigurement.
Fatal Car Accidents Called Wrongful Death?
If you lost a loved one due to a car accident, you may be entitled to a wrongful death claim. This type of claim can provide you with financial compensation. Although it can’t compensate for your loss, it can help provide some relief.
You may receive monetary compensation, including:
- The medical expenses of a deceased individual before they passed away.
- The various expenses of a funeral, burial, and cremation.
- The income of a deceased individual is lost upon their death.
- The financial support that a deceased individual provided for their family is lost.
- The loss of the deceased individual’s companionship and affection with their relatives is also felt.
Time Constraints Your Norwalk Car Accident Lawyer Must Know
A statute of limitations is a time limit that applies to certain types of lawsuits, such as wrongful death and personal injury suits. California’s limitation period for these types of cases is usually two years under the California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1. If you have not filed a lawsuit within two years, then you might not be eligible for monetary compensation. In some cases, the statute of limitations can be reduced or set aside. Still, you need a proper Norwalk car and motorcycle accident lawyer to get to the bottom of everything swiftly.
Hire The Best Norwalk Car Accident Attorney Today
For a free consultation with experienced car accident lawyers in Norwalk, CA, contact the Law Offices of Ehline. We can help individuals and families get the compensation they need following an accident. Let us help you find the best legal solution for your case by calling (833) LETS-SUE or completing a free case evaluation form online for a free virtual consultation online with a world-class car accident attorney in Norwalk, CA.