- Prove liability: The first step is proving the plaintiff’s liability burden to a judge or insurance company. Injured parties must show the defendant was negligent and at-fault after they breached their duty to pay attention or act reasonably, causing exposure to situations leading to damage. Guidance, counsel, and advice from professionals at our office can help individuals prove these things.
Damage Exposure To Plaintiffs
A damages calculator (personal injury lawyer)will accurately estimate your compensation based on past, present and future legal damages for insurance adjusters or jury members. Damages can total $1 or 1 million dollars.
Pursuit of maximum damages is the primary reason a claimant seeks the advantage of legal assistance with credentials. Everyone has that right to justice in California courts.
Damages In a Typical Agoura Hills, CA Case?
After reviewing evidence, and determining party fault, receiving a favorable insurance company payout or jury verdict in court remains the next step.
Your damages result could include the following:
- Economic damages: Your lawyer totals up your special damages like medical bills, personal items ruined (property damage), and lost wages.
- General Damages: Our accident attorneys hire experts and use other methods to value intangible losses. Sometimes punitive damages will issue. The severity of your injury is a huge aspect affecting your non-economic pain and suffering damages values.
- Demand Package: Next, our experts send an insurance settlement demand letter to the insurer laying out financial goals.
TIP: It’s malpractice not to call a doctor right away. Don’t make the mistake of delaying a medical assessment and treatment. Get to the hospital and hire a licensed specialist to gather evidence and calculate dollar figures in your case. These are important decisions.
How Much Is Fair Personal Injury Claim Compensation Worth?
Your decision in a LA personal injury law firm can significantly impact how much you put in your pocket. The value of a personal injury case differs depending on your damages the injuries.
An average motor vehicle accident insurance settlement amount can range between $5,000 and $100,000! If you have severe injuries, we are in a stronger position to negotiate with the adjuster. But if the at-fault insurance company refuses our damages assessment and fails to settle, your legal team will begin litigation.
How Are Damages Paid In My Personal Injury Claim?
Fair compensation for the accident victim can be paid in staggered amounts or as a single lump-sum payment. When spread out into periodic payments, structured settlement annuities can be tailored to meet you and your family members’ needs, just like the rich folks in Forbes Magazine.
Why Choose A Local Agoura Hills Personal Injury Law Firm Near Me?
Look for winning traits in choosing your Agoura Hills injury lawyers. LA County is about 34,000 square miles. Many of its 19 million people either live, work, or commute many miles each day.
Swaths of the Southern California economy are spread over this vast area, so you could likely cross paths with a careless person. Sometimes insurance companies will give you a raw deal.
You deserve someone who will handle settlement discussions with your insurance company, handling all communications with the adjuster. Your personal injury lawyers must navigate your matter through the court system if needed.
We will hire investigators to help gather evidence at the accident scene and reconstruct what caused you to be hurt.
Statistics: Comparison Of LA Injured Inpatient Visits With Nearby Cities
- In 2015, the California Department of Public Health (“CDPH”) reported that 63,225 inpatients.
- In 2015 the County of San Bernardino accepted 11,392 injured emergency room patients.
- In 2015, San Diego County saw 22,889 hospital admissions.
- In 2015, Orange County hospitals admitted over 18,072 inpatients.
- In 2015, Riverside County reported admitting 13,573 injured inpatients.
- In 2017 the CDPH reported 4,153 injury fatalities in LA.
*When you numerically combine the above 2015 San Diego, Orange County, Riverside hospital stays, the total is 65,926 patients compared to Agoura Hills County’s 63,225.
- Common consequences of personal injuries
Let’s take a look at what happens when you get injured, like being hit by a bus, a falling-down accident, or suffer a worker’s compensation injury claim. Accidents that cause personal injuries can harm our lives in many decisive ways. Accidents can lead to a personal injury and wrongful death with devastating and immediate consequences to your life partner and kids.
After getting hurt, you will face feelings of rage, stress, and anxiety. The medical bills, surgery, and physical therapy expenses can spiral out of control in a personal injury case.
You may even be facing a temporary or long-lasting bodily injury, physical impairment, mental impairment, and property damage repair charges. Some injury victims will remain disabled, unable to return to the workforce in a meaningful capacity.
Agoura Hills Accidents We Help Clients With?
A tremendous civil law professional has the education, skills, resources, and passion for helping in all negligence law practice areas. Even if you think it’s your fault, another party may be liable for acts of personal negligence.
It’s malpractice not to hire someone for something so serious. Our duty is to find the liable defendant and hold them accountable on your behalf.
A top professional injury law firm should specialize in litigating fatalities and catastrophic injuries in accident cases like:
- Auto Accident: Most injury victims we help are people in auto accidents. (people with passenger car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, and commercial vehicle auto accident claims).
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall, aka slip, trip, and fall, are common premises liability claims we help people win any slip and fall personal injury claim.
- Elder Abuse: LA nursing homes are infamous for neglecting our seniors. We can help you. (We don’t handle medical malpractice, however)
Agoura Hills Personal Injury Cases We Take?
Personal injuries can be expensive. Treatment can cost families a fortune.
We help individuals get paid for any kind of personal injury claims arising from:
- Dog bites: A dog bite, including animal attacks, (even serious accident cat attacks) at premises like a business are an area of law our negligence attorneys practice regularly. Our reputation for giving small children and females extra attention over their deep puncture wounds and lacerations gives clients confidence and trust after suffering dog bites.
- Burns: A severe burn injury can disfigure. And even with surgery, in the end, some cases see permanent harm to your body and senses.
- Brain Injuries: We litigate CTE and other head injuries regularly.
- Wrongful Death: Loss of life is a devastating outcome in a negligence claim. Survival actions and accidental killings may require help with estate planning, conservatorships, and more. Our negligence attorneys work in these areas of law, including serious injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
One of the best choices an injury victim can make when facing legal questions is to speak to a caring, skilled Agoura Hills personal injury lawyer at Ehline Law Firm today. Let’s discuss your case confidentially!
What Are The Top 3 Types Of Personal injury Lawsuits We Take?
These statistics are from the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”).
1. Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The CDC says catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries come from an external force, impact, or blow to your head. Mild traumatic and TBIs might cause you to lose sensation, strength, cognitive function, leading to a coma or wrongful death claims.
These are commonly caused during a Agoura Hills, CA car accident case or motorcycle accident.
2. Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
Dr. Marc Darrow says a spinal cord injury is very serious because the twisting, forward and backward motions in an accident can crack or burst your vertebrae, causing a severed or pinched nerve. Brain signals from your nerves can be cut off. You close feeling and control over speech, mobility, bowels, and limbs. A proven Agoura Hills injury lawyer can make insurance companies pay!
3. Wrongful death
Unlike other personal injury cases, accidental death or wrongful death is a type of psychological injury. When someone kills your close family member in a motorcycle accident, for example, you’ll experience emotional distress.
The cost of losing a breadwinner comes with a heavy economic burden. Individuals need answers to all their legal questions and more. Here are some issues clients must understand about a wrongful death case.
- Victims: People who can seek compensation are generally the decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic civil partner, children.
- Causes: Premises liability cases, defective products liability cases, government entity claims, vehicle accidents, cruise ship accidents, and maritime claims.
- Damages Under California Law: The survivor seeks to recover compensation money for loss of love, consortium, earnings, and future income from the careless killer.
Your attorney’s professionalism, charisma, and tact matter.
Top 1-5 Injury Causes & Types In Agoura Hills County:
Below are the Five Leading Causes of Injury Non-fatal Emergency Department Visits for 2015. (aka treat & release, or transfer to another facility).
1. Slip, Trips, And Fall Accidents
Our personal injury lawyers know a fall accident can cause people serious injuries or fatalities. Unintentional falls represent the second leading cause of TBI-related death-related deaths here. Falls caused 470 deaths in 2017. Slips and falls caused 9,718 deaths and 40.5 % of TBIs in the U.S. from 2002-2006 (See CDC report)
2. Being Struck By Flying/Falling Objects
Road debris or flying objects can cause a penetrating head injury after striking your head, so your normal brain function becomes disrupted. The CDC reported 73,456 admissions and 378 deaths from 2002-2006. Striking injuries caused about 15.5% of TBIs during the same period.
Learn More About Debris and Object Injuries
3. Vehicle Occupant Transport Injuries
Car culture dominates the LA lifestyle. Courts are packed with speeding cases as it is. Greater Agoura Hills is the high-speed chase capital of the world, with a high amount of commuters navigating our roads. Factors like excessive speed and poor road maintenance increase car accident case risks.
Are You Seeking Car Accident Attorneys?
Our very best car accident attorneys in Agoura Hills, CA, assist injury victims with these personal injury law matters.
- For example: In 2015, the Agoura Hills County Department of Public Health and CHP reported 56,561 motor vehicle accidents and 585 fatalities. (Bicycle accidents are a huge injury claim problem here).
In 2017, 285 injured pedestrians died in LA County, California.
Agoura Hills Pedestrian Attorneys
Bicycle riders and motorcycle riders made up 14.3% of TBIs in 2017.
Bicycle Lawyers Agoura Hills
In 2019, TIMs reported:
- 24,682 road accidents
- 2,659 pedestrian collisions (10.8%)
- 1,577 bike collisions (6.4%)
- Total: 228 Killed & 36,740 Injured. Most cases involved passenger cars, buses, or a large truck crash claim.
Motorcycle collisions are the most deadly and happen to any motorcycle rider 24/7, which is why we have a 24-hour phone hotline.
Do You Need A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Evidence shows Agoura Hills County, CA experiences 1,660 motorcycle accidents (6.7%) annually. Our Agoura Hills motorcycle lawyers are inundated with these cases with the high fuel prices and bumper-to-bumper jams.
4. Cutting And Piercing
These are more common in dog bite injuries, knife attacks, police shootings, and defective product cases at 36,084 reported instances.
Common in organized sports or a work comp claim, the CDC reported 32,523 inpatient injuries in 2015.
Learn About Overexertion
Who Does My Accident Attorney Sue And When?
Here is the info you or your loved one must know about the personal injury claims litigation process in Agoura Hills, CA.
- The State of California for a poor road or sidewalk maintenance issue (poor road conditions cause many vehicle crashes)
- An area like a retail store, private home, or restaurant property owners (Ex: Slip and fall accidents)
- Your bosses in a worker’s compensation matter
- A rogue employee like a bouncer or a delivery driver
- Product manufacturers / product liability. (The dangerous products claims area requires many years in practice).
- The driver who caused a car accident.
- Dog owners.
The record shows that brain injury claims caused by a slip and fall accident mainly arise from tripping and falling cases, often against LA City during construction accidents.
But they can be anything from product liability cases, like a defective motorcycle part or exploding airbag injury during car accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, and other auto accidents. Motorcycle accident victims, in particular, will need insurance policy money immediately.
We will review any pictures, a medical record, or other evidence-free of charge. We’ll make insurance policy claims against any responsible parties under applicable negligence laws. You can phone us. Contact Ehline Law Firm at (213) 596-9642 24/7. Our best attorney is just a call away.