AEG Not Negligent in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death
Many of you people know one of the specialties we have at Ehline Law Firm involves wrongful loss of life claims. Thus, you are aware that we have been following this Michael Jackson wrongful death trial. Also, we realize no portion of money can ever adequately compensate a fatality victim.
They never fully recover from mental, physical suffering and grieving. Hence, when a case has merit, we fight vigorously for the victim's best interests. Striving to retrieve the indemnification that our deserving clients seek is a daily thing.
The Jury Returns.
Here, the alleged victims put their best foot forward and lost. The breaking news relates that after being thrust into a four-day struggle to get to the bottom of the case, defendants prevailed. So only after enduring four painstaking days of deliberation, the wrongful death of Michael Jackson, brought by his mother and children, the jury has arrived at a losing verdict.
This verdict comes just after the press was covering major and heated personality conflicts and allegations of uncivil behavior by counsel for both sides. Aside from that, there was a compelling closing argument. Also, we are sure the jury had no easy time in arriving at their decision.
The Closing Argument.
The jury determined that AEG was not negligent in the death of the singer. Dr. Conrad Murray had been hired and fit for the care he provided. So this relieves AEG of liability according to the verdict. But Dr. Murray was held criminally responsible for Michael Jackson's death in a criminal trial of manslaughter.
However, AEG's, big business attorneys argued in court that Murray was good, and even licensed in several states to practice medicine. Also, they had no way of knowing what went on behind closed doors in the treatment of the singer by his star-struck doctor. During the five-month wrongful death trial, the lawsuit was asking for 2 million dollars.
But AEG attorneys said that Murray's hiring was to ensure the singer was hydrated, not drugged. Michael needed to be medically in shape for the comeback tour then being promoted by AEG Live. So there was no collusion to keep Michael "high."
Jackson's Comeback Tour Ended By His Death.
Jackson died days before the start of the comeback tour. So that would have debuted in the summer of 2009 in London. AEG Live lawyers said that they did not believe that Michael Jackson was in danger of getting treated by Murray. Of particular interest here, he had never gotten sued for malpractice. He had several years of practicing medicine. So they said that Jackson was a secretive drug addict.
The "Execution" Drug.
AEG claimed he kept everyone in the dark. Hence, even his closest relatives knew nothing about the use of Propofol. Also, this is a potent drug used in prisoner executions. After five months of the jury listening to the AEG Live attorneys and witnesses, the panel came to its decision. They heard from Michael Jackson's mother and eldest son. Jurors heard them testify.
Furthermore, they rendered their verdict after four days of deliberation. The finding was that the concert promoter was not liable for the death of the singer. At this point, it is unknown if the victims have paid a penny, as most injury firms advance costs.
But we are confident this case was not a cheap expense to execute. So we know that there were competent attorneys committed to giving no-nonsense representation. Also, we are aware that most legal reps offer accurate, honest case assessments.
So more than likely, the victims knew this case was not going to be a walk in the park. It is unknown whether or not an appeal looms. But typically, excellent and punctual attorneys, no matter how good they are, could have a judge erroneously exclude vital evidence. So we are sure we have not heard the last of the Michael Jackson saga.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- 15 Passenger Van Accident Attorney
- Admiralty Maritime Law
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Aircraft - Helicopter Accident
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- Baby Sling Recall Lawsuit Information
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Defects
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Bicycle Laws
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Black Box Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Boat Accident
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Building Fire Injury
- California Bite Defenses
- California Policy to Protect the Elderly and Dependents
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Catastrophic Injury
- Chemical Burns & Explosions
- Child Dog Bite Law
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Construction Accident
- Cruise Ship Accident Resources and Help
- Cruise Ship Rape Attorney
- Cruise Tour Shore Excursions
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- Distracted Eating and Driving
- Dog Bite Limb and Nerve Damage
- Dog Bites
- Dust Fires & Explosions
- Elder Abuse Defenses
- Elderly & Nursing Home Wrongful Death
- Elders Have Rights
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Employment Law Claims
- Eye Injuries
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Flammable Fabric Act
- Flammable Liquid Burns
- Food Service Burns
- Fume Ignition Burns
- Gas Explosions
- Gas Tank Explosion
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- Hazardous Materials
- Herpes Tort Attorney in California
- Hot Water Heater Injuries
- Inadequate Security
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Limousine Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Machine Accidents
- Manslaughter By Dog
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Parking Structure Incident Attorney
- Playground Accident
- Police Shootings
- Premises Liability
- Preventing, Fighting Off and Responding to Dog Attacks
- Product Defect & Recall
- Relevant Los Angeles, California Dog Laws
- Rental Car Reimbursment
- Ridesharing - Lyft Accidents
- Smoke & Heat Inhalation
- Snapchat Distracted Driving
- Soft Tissue Cases
- Spine Compression
- SUV Rollover
- Talcum Powder Personal Injury
- Tanker Truck
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders