AEG Not Negligent in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death
Many of you people know one of the specialties we have at Ehline Law Firm involves wrongful loss of life claims. Thus, you are aware that we have been following this Michael Jackson wrongful death trial. Also, we realize no portion of money can ever adequately compensate a fatality victim.
They never fully recover from mental, physical suffering and grieving. Hence, when a case has merit, we fight vigorously for the victim's best interests. Striving to retrieve the indemnification that our deserving clients seek is a daily thing.
The Jury Returns.
Here, the alleged victims put their best foot forward and lost. The breaking news relates that after being thrust into a four-day struggle to get to the bottom of the case, defendants prevailed. So only after enduring four painstaking days of deliberation, the wrongful death of Michael Jackson, brought by his mother and children, the jury has arrived at a losing verdict.
This verdict comes just after the press was covering major and heated personality conflicts and allegations of uncivil behavior by counsel for both sides. Aside from that, there was a compelling closing argument. Also, we are sure the jury had no easy time in arriving at their decision.
The Closing Argument.
The jury determined that AEG was not negligent in the death of the singer. Dr. Conrad Murray had been hired and fit for the care he provided. So this relieves AEG of liability according to the verdict. But Dr. Murray was held criminally responsible for Michael Jackson's death in a criminal trial of manslaughter.
However, AEG's, big business attorneys argued in court that Murray was good, and even licensed in several states to practice medicine. Also, they had no way of knowing what went on behind closed doors in the treatment of the singer by his star-struck doctor. During the five-month wrongful death trial, the lawsuit was asking for 2 million dollars.
But AEG attorneys said that Murray's hiring was to ensure the singer was hydrated, not drugged. Michael needed to be medically in shape for the comeback tour then being promoted by AEG Live. So there was no collusion to keep Michael "high."
Jackson's Comeback Tour Ended By His Death.
Jackson died days before the start of the comeback tour. So that would have debuted in the summer of 2009 in London. AEG Live lawyers said that they did not believe that Michael Jackson was in danger of getting treated by Murray. Of particular interest here, he had never gotten sued for malpractice. He had several years of practicing medicine. So they said that Jackson was a secretive drug addict.
The "Execution" Drug.
AEG claimed he kept everyone in the dark. Hence, even his closest relatives knew nothing about the use of Propofol. Also, this is a potent drug used in prisoner executions. After five months of the jury listening to the AEG Live attorneys and witnesses, the panel came to its decision. They heard from Michael Jackson's mother and eldest son. Jurors heard them testify.
Furthermore, they rendered their verdict after four days of deliberation. The finding was that the concert promoter was not liable for the death of the singer. At this point, it is unknown if the victims have paid a penny, as most injury firms advance costs.
But we are confident this case was not a cheap expense to execute. So we know that there were competent attorneys committed to giving no-nonsense representation. Also, we are aware that most legal reps offer accurate, honest case assessments.
So more than likely, the victims knew this case was not going to be a walk in the park. It is unknown whether or not an appeal looms. But typically, excellent and punctual attorneys, no matter how good they are, could have a judge erroneously exclude vital evidence. So we are sure we have not heard the last of the Michael Jackson saga.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Aircraft - Helicopter Accident
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- Baby Sling Recall Lawsuit Information
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Defects
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Black Box Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Brain Injury
- Building Fire Injury
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Catastrophic Injury
- Chemical Burns & Explosions
- Child Dog Bite Law
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Construction Accident
- Cruise Tour Shore Excursions
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- Distracted Eating and Driving
- Dog Bite Limb and Nerve Damage
- Dog Bites
- Dust Fires & Explosions
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Eye Injuries
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Flammable Fabric Act
- Flammable Liquid Burns
- Food Service Burns
- Fume Ignition Burns
- Gas Explosions
- Gas Tank Explosion
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- Herpes Tort Attorney in California
- Hot Water Heater Injuries
- Inadequate Security
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Machine Accidents
- Manslaughter By Dog
- Maritime Wrongful Death Attorney
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Parking Structure Incident Attorney
- Police Shootings
- Premises Liability
- Preventing, Fighting Off and Responding to Dog Attacks
- Product Defect & Recall
- Relevant Los Angeles, California Dog Laws
- Ridesharing - Limousine Accidents
- Smoke & Heat Inhalation
- Soft Tissue Cases
- Spine Compression
- Talcum Powder Personal Injury
- Toasted Skin Syndrome
- Tow Truck Injuries
- Traffic Accident - DUI/Drunk Driver
- Traffic Accident - Hit and Run
- Traffic Accident - Illegal U-Turn
- Traffic Accident - Intersection
- Traffic Accident - Pedestrian Collision
- Train Accident
- Train Accidents Injury Lawsuit Center
- Trash Truck Injury Attorney
- Tread Separation
- Truck Wrongful Death
- Truckers Under the Influence (DUI)
- Two Wheeled Single Vehicle Collisions
- Union Employee Burn Injury
- Work Comp Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Death by Suicide
- Wrongful Death Elements
- Wrongful Death of a Child Attorney