6 Year Old Dog Attack Hero And Dog Bite Attacks On Kids
A Hero that Our Nation Needs Right Now!
Bridger Walker is now a national figure, despite being just six years old. Several weeks ago, the young man gained national attention for his bravery, saving his four-year-old sister from a dog attack. His aunt posted the story of the incident on Instagram, rocketing the young man into the stratosphere of modern heroes. Showing his bruised and stitched face, the young man was next to his sister. According to his aunt, the action saved her life. The emotion is palpable:
On July 9th, my six-year-old nephew Bridger saved his little sister's life by standing between her and a charging dog. After getting bit several times on the face and head, he grabbed his sister's hand and ran with her to keep her safe. He later said, "If someone had to die, I thought it should be me." After receiving 90 stitches (give or take) from a skilled plastic surgeon, he's finally resting at home. We love our brave boy and want all the other superheroes to know about this latest hero who joined their ranks.
A Reaction Fit for a Hero!
Young Bridger received an outpouring of support and praise for his actions, and it makes total sense considering his bravery in times of danger. Considering that he is just six years old, this is an incredible story and one that needs to be shared far and wide. I hope that my few words can go a long way to honor the actions that he took. We saw this even on Inside Edition, which did a feature on the young man for his heroism. He also received video shoutouts from his heroes in the movie industry.
His incredible act of bravery also was rewarded in a way that a young person would love. He was treated to a shopping spree for what he had done. Bridger was also honored by the World Boxing Council, naming him an honorary champion, as seen below:
Dog Attacks are Far too Common?
Unfortunately, the attack that changed Bridger and his sister's life is all too common. I've seen dozens of such attacks personally and have read about or watched many more. There are several things in common with these types of attacks.
- Age is often a linking feature. Most of these types of dog attacks usually involve children. Children do not have the same social cues as adults and may not always realize when a dog is not playing. Furthermore, some breeds of dogs see children as potential competitors or prey. According to the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, over half of such injuries are to children.
- Statistics indicate that certain dog breeds are more likely to attack. These include the more infamous breeds of pit bulls and rottweilers. As Forbes found, several strains are much more likely to attack than others. According to their research, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds are the three most likely dog breeds to attack. In fact, according to the info they cite, the Pit Bull was involved in more attacks than all of the other dog breeds combined!
If the stats above are not sobering enough, there is even more to consider. Hundreds of thousands of people, mostly children, are injured in such attacks every year in this country. According to Canine Journal, There are over 4.5 million dog bites each year, with 800,000 dog bites requiring medical care. As a result, more than 1% of the national population is bit by a dog each year. Parents need to be especially careful about their children-- even around dogs that the kids may know. It is all too common for a child to be seriously injured by a dog that their family owns.
What to Do in Case of Dog Bite?
In the case of a dog bite, the first act is always to seek medical attention. Even small bites or bites that do not seem to be bleeding may still get infected. This goes twice over if the dog's vaccination history is not known. Make sure to seek out the help of a doctor as soon as possible. Once you received the preliminary medical treatment, a trained legal professional is usually the next step. Not every dog bite results in a legitimate response, but many do-- and many don't that should.
Going over your legal rights is a must. This goes especially in cases where it will be done for free with no monetary obligation, as Ehline Law offers. We will travel anywhere in the state of California to discuss your legal options and possible next steps. Furthermore, in some cases, we can pay for medical costs upfront. This helps give peace of mind to you and your loved ones dealing with the aftermath of such an attack.
Our skilled team determines the short, medium, and long term physical and emotional toll of such an attack, especially if it happened to a child. We stop at nothing to help our clients. We don't accept a penny unless we recover for them-- and I always use my motto of fidelity for everyone. From the moment we take on the case until justice has been done. That's our promise. We are here to help you.
About the Author:
Michael Ehline is the head attorney of the Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC. This story was crucial to me for several reasons. First, as the head of one of the most successful personal injury firms in Southern California, I've seen terrible dog injuries before, especially dealing with children. This is a particular issue for me. I want to make sure to avoid as many future dog attacks as possible.
I also want to make sure that little Bridger is honored for his exemplary service to his family. It's a topic that is important to me. During my time in the United States Marine Corps, I served with true heroes and brave men. I see that same bravery and dedication beyond self in this young man.
I know that he will accomplish much during his life. If you want to find out more about my thoughts or on personal injury cases, keep reading this site. I'll keep you updated on similar incidents over the coming weeks and months. Furthermore, I'm always available at email@example.com.
- Access Hollywood, via YouTube: 6-Year-Old, Saves Younger Sister From Dog Attack
- Fox 6 Now: ‘It’s been surreal:’ 6-year-old who saved 4-year-old from dog attack gets shopping spree at the candy store
- World Boxing Council, AND THE NEW WBC CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, Bridger "The bravest man on Earth" Walker
- UPMC, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Facts & Figures About Dog Attacks
- Forbes, America's Most Dangerous Dog Breeds [Infographic]
- Canine Journal, Dog Bite Statistics (How Likely Are You To Get Bit?)
- Ehline Law, Los Angeles Dog Bite Attorneys
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Baby Sling Recall Lawsuit Information
- Bicycle Brain Injury
- Bicycle Laws
- Bouncy House Injury
- California Bite Defenses
- California Policy to Protect the Elderly and Dependents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Child Abuse, Injury, and Molestation Attorney
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Child Dog Bite Law
- Crush Injury
- Dangerous Chemicals
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Dog Attack Statistics
- Dog Bite Limb and Nerve Damage
- Dog Bites
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Abuse Defenses
- Elder Financial Abuse - Prevention 101
- Elder Malnutrition
- Elderly & Nursing Home Wrongful Death
- Inadequate Security
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Manslaughter By Dog
- Playground Accident
- Preventing, Fighting Off and Responding to Dog Attacks
- Relevant Los Angeles, California Dog Laws
- School Bus Accident
- Sex Abuse/Assault
- Swimming Pool Injury
- Tour Bus Accident Attorney
- Traffic Accident - Pedestrian Collision
- Trial Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Compensation
- Wrongful Death of a Child Attorney