Knowing the Yearly Motorcycle Casualties Can Save a Bikers Life
Statistically Determining the Causes of Motorcycle Accident Injuries.
There are many reasons for motorcycle accidents each year. They vary from rider and driver error to issues with faulty parts of maintenance. In many cases, there is an unfortunate combination of factors that cause the crash. Regardless, there are many ways to prevent injury. One way is the education of riders so they can understand the various causes of wrecks. That way, riders can try and steer clear of roadway disasters. a
According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, there are over 4,000 motorcycle fatalities on America's roads each year. Furthermore, one of the most common causes of deaths is due to head injury, according to the CDC. Motorcycle fatalities occur at far higher rates than in other automobile accidents. Also, government statistics show that motorcyclists are 37 times more likely to die due to such a crash. Additionally, this is even more shocking, considering that motorcycles are just 2% of all registered vehicles.
Unfortunately, motorcycle accident fatalities are on the rise nationwide. Between 1997 and 2008, there was not a single year in which deaths declined. The increase is not due to more motorcyclists. Instead, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the rate increased separately than the increase in bikes.
Did You Know Alcohol if the Largest Factor in Motorcycle Accidents?
Also, alcohol is one of the most critical factors that cause such accidents, according to NHTSA. As a matter of fact, in 2003, a full 30% of all motorcycle accident fatalities were due in part to alcohol. Drinking and driving is a terrible factor in too many deaths.
Awareness can save your life. When riding bikes, there is a special obligation to keep track of your surroundings. Not just your life depends on it, but also other riders and drivers. Keep the roads safe and be an excellent example for the others on it.
If you or a loved one became injured in a motorcycle accident, the experts at the Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC are there for you. Led by a motorcycle enthusiast, we understand the causes and effects of such accidents and will stop at nothing to get you the justice you deserve.
Practice Area Information
- ATV Injuries
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Common Motorcyclist Passenger Injuries
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head on Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit and Run Accidents
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- Teenaged Motorclist Accidents
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders
- Two Wheeled Single Vehicle Collisions