Art in Public Places
You might not immediately think of LA as the king of graffiti, but in many ways it is. Furthermore, the rich tapestry of cultures and traditions in the city allows for great diversity in art styles. Whether on a building, bridge, or overpass, there are many types for the eye to see. Take a look at some of the most iconic and famous examples in the Los Angeles area.
Fourquare has a list of some of the best places in the greater LA area to see graffiti. LA Weekly also has a list of some of the best graffiti in the city that shows the history of LA. Regardless of the style that you're looking for, LA has it.
Below is the Mondrian Wall, a takeoff of modern art:
??? New series on the blog today! ??? Introducing the Studio DIY Wall Crawl! I always get asked about where the fun LA walls are that we shoot in front of so we've teamed up with @striped_cat_studio to map 'em all out for you!!! And we aren't stopping with LA, we're hitting cities all over the country + the world with YOUR help! ✨Join in and tag your fun wall photos with #studiodiywallcrawl ✨ OR if you want to be a ✨Wall Crawl correspondent✨ in your city for the blog, there's a form at the bottom of today's post to fill out! ?? Now go check out our LA faves! ⚫️⚪️??? (? by @jeffmindell)
One of the first ones we'll profile is one of the newest, a 2014 mural by Winston Death Squad and Stephen Ziegler, "Skid Row."
Below is another of the most famous versions, which acts more like a mural than graffiti. It is the Gateway to the San Gabriel Valley by Art Mortimer. This is one of the prettiest of its kind, representing the history of California and its development.
Did we miss one? Contact us for more info or drop us a line with any questions.
Driving directions from Ehline Law Firm to LA Weekly Los Angeles.
The drive is normally 24 min (11.9 miles) via I-10 E to La Weekly Los Angeles, CA 90066.
- Get on I-10 E from Palms Blvd. 8 min (2.2 mi)
- Continue on I-10 E to W 4th St.
- Take the 6th St/9th St exit from CA-110 N/State 110 N. 13 min (9.3 mi)
- Take S Hope St to W 5th St. 2 min (0.4 mi)
- Arrive at Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC at 633 W 5th St #2890, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
Ehline Law Maintains locations and meeting places in Long Beach, Torrance, Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, San Bernardino, and Riverside. We can come to your home or bedside anywhere in Northern, Central, or Southern California.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Boat Accident FAQs
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- Catastrophic Injury
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Defective Glass Claims
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- DHL Accidents
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Malnutrition
- Employment Law Claims
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Hazardous Materials
- Inattentive Trucker Accidents
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Limousine Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Machine Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Oxygen Tank Injury Attorney in Southern California
- Product Defect & Recall
- Road Rage
- School Bus Accident
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spine Compression
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Toasted Skin Syndrome
- Traffic Accident - Illegal U-Turn
- Traffic Accident - Rear Impact Collision
- Understanding Head Injury Suits
- UPS Delivery Truck Accident
- Work Comp Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death at Sea
- Wrongful Death by Suicide
- Wrongful Death of a Child Attorney