Homelessness in Los Angeles
Homelessness is not always talked about as much in LA as in other cities, but it is certainly a large and growing issue. Even stranger is that leftist film studios are pervasive. They run homeless people off, rather than feed them. There are many reasons behind homelessness and often some solutions. However, for the growing city, the answers are often hard to come by. We'll take a look at some of the major causes and effects of the problem and what might happen next.
Big Jump in LA Homeless Numbers Over the Last Year?
In fact, the LA Times reported in 2017 that over the previous year, the number of homeless expanded by almost a quarter! Homelessness increased across LA County, but especially in certain areas. In some, like the South Bay, the overall number increased by just 4%. However, in Antelope Valley and East LA, it increased over 50%! Others, like in the LA Metro area and the San Gabriel Valley, the total number increased by about 30%. All of these resulted in a massive shift in resources and perceptions about homelessness in Southern California.
In particular, there were vast increases in homelessness across many age groups. Except for the age bracket of 62+, there were significant jumps everywhere. This included an increase of 41% for those under 18, 22% for those between 25-54, and an astonishing 64% increase for those between 18-24.
What police and city officials are finding is that not all of the young homeless are always poor. In fact, some come from rich or middle-class families in search of a new life. The vast majority-- 68% of them are male, and the gender gap is growing. Overall there was an increase of 23% of homeless using makeshift shelters and 50% of those living in cars.
Overall, there are almost 5,000 homeless veterans in Los Angeles on a given night. This is a major shame. This is a 57% increase over the 2016 total of about 3,000.
What are the Driving Directions to Ehline Law Firm from East LA?
- Get on I-5 N 4 min (1.2 mi)
- Continue on I-5 N.
- Drive from US-101 N to Los Angeles.
- Take the Interstate 110 S exit from CA-110 12 min (6.2 mi)
- Continue on W 4th St. Take S Hope St to W 5th St 3 min (0.5 mi)
- Arrive at Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC. 633 W 5th St #2890, Los Angeles, CA 90071. (213) 596-9642.
Ehline Law Maintains locations and meeting places in Long Beach, Torrance, Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, San Bernardino, and Riverside. We can come to your home or bedside anywhere in Northern, Central, or Southern California.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Boat Accident FAQs
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- Catastrophic Injury
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Defective Glass Claims
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- DHL Accidents
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Malnutrition
- Employment Law Claims
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Hazardous Materials
- Inattentive Trucker Accidents
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Limousine Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Machine Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Oxygen Tank Injury Attorney in Southern California
- Product Defect & Recall
- Road Rage
- School Bus Accident
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spine Compression
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Toasted Skin Syndrome
- Traffic Accident - Illegal U-Turn
- Traffic Accident - Rear Impact Collision
- Understanding Head Injury Suits
- UPS Delivery Truck Accident
- Work Comp Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death at Sea
- Wrongful Death by Suicide
- Wrongful Death of a Child Attorney