Long Beach Loses One of its Finest Legal Minds in Torrance Audi Wreck
Partner of the Long Beach law firm Glaser, Damone, and Schroeder, attorney Jay Glaser was killed over the weekend in a Torrance car accident. The 50-year-old attorney died after a car crash that plunged the vehicle off of an embankment early Saturday morning.
The death of Glaser of Rolling Hills Estates, who leaves a wife and three children behind, has stunned the legal community. According to the Torrance Police Department, the vehicle crash occurred at 2:43 a.m. while traveling southbound on Palos Verdes Boulevard.
Authorities said the responding units found Glaser’s 2011 Audi R8 collided with the west curb. Torrance Police said Glaser was alone in the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The Torrance Police Department’s Traffic Division commanded by Capt. Bernard Anderson, Commander of the Special Operations Bureau, will be continuing the investigation into the crash, and anyone if any information about the accident is asked to call the unit.
According to Long Beach City Prosecutor Douglas Haubert, he was a friend of the lawyer. He said he was one of the most skilled attorneys and enthusiastic legal advocates for his clients he has ever met. Also, Haubert noted that he would place Glaser in the five top Long Beach criminal attorneys.
Damone Was One of Three Law Partners.
Robert Damone, of the law firm Glasser, was one of the three partners in Long Beach. Secondly, he said they went to Southwestern University School of Law, where they graduated in 1988. Glasser, he said, went to work for the Public Defender’s Office, until 1993, when they opened their law firm together, then in 2007 adding Schroder as a partner.
Both attorneys say Glaser was a dedicated and skilled attorney. Furthermore, they said the deceased lawyer was always there when you needed him. Damone said he was best friends with Glaser. He even stood as the best man at his wedding, and they were roommates. Likewise, Schroeder said that Glaser had a fantastic reputation among other lawyers and judges in Long Beach.
He said that he was able to try the most difficult cases. Furthermore, he could learn medical terminology allowing him to cross-examine medical professionals. The family held services Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m. at Mount Sinai Memorial Park at Forest Lawn Drive in Los Angeles.
The Audi R8 is in the supercar category, considering if speed or driver error played a part. We will keep our audience posted. Read more. Finally, after all the terrible news of the passing of so many people, one has to wonder what's next.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Baby Sling Recall Lawsuit Information
- Boating Accident Frequently Asked Questions?
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- California Hit and Run
- California Policy to Protect the Elderly and Dependents
- Child Bike Injuries
- Child Dog Bite Law
- Costa Concordia Cruise Liner Info
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Dust Fires & Explosions
- Elder Abuse Defenses
- Funeral Home Error Attorney
- Head on Collisions
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Junk Food Cases
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Maritime Wrongful Death Attorney
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Preventing, Fighting Off and Responding to Dog Attacks
- Recreational Duck Boat Accidents
- Restaurant Injuries
- Ridesharing - Limousine Accidents
- Ridesharing - Lyft Accidents
- Ridesharing - Uber Accident
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- T-Bone Broadside Accidents
- Tractor and Trailer
- Traffic Accident - DUI/Drunk Driver
- Traffic Accident - Pedestrian Collision
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- Truckers Under the Influence (DUI)
- Trucks and Inattentive Driving - A Deadly Combination
- Understanding Head Injury Suits
- Union Employee Burn Injury
- Whistleblower Discrimination