Post Motorcycle Accident Medical Care
When a smashed up motorcycle rider is hurting, he must seek medical care immediately. Waiting too long can be a severe health danger. Not seeking medical attention right away also decreases your chances of proving how you were hurt.
The Ehline Law Firm is where the rider that has been in a motorcycle accident can get answers to their questions about medical care and a free initial consultation. We have convenient office locations in Southern California. Our expertly trained attorneys represent the tort victim in Northern California as well. Contents:
Many motorcycle collision victims take the ambulance to the hospital. Riders are diagnosed by an emergency room physician. So the injuries will be assessed quickly.
In some cases, injuries are serious enough to be life-threatening. Afterward, victims may get admitted to the hospital ICU for emergency medical care.
- Life v. Non-Life Threats.
When the motorcycle injuries are not life-threatening, the emergency room doctor could discharge the rider with a referral. The instructions will be to follow up with their primary care physician.
In order to help relieve pain, the emergency room doctor could prescribe pain medication and anti-inflammatory medication. Also, they may fit the injured rider with a soft cervical collar. Riders with arm or leg injuries might require a leg splint or arm splint. The idea is to decrease the risk of further injuries and reduce pain and discomfort.
Following up with the primary care physician, referral doctor, or any other healthcare professional is important for the victim. It is important to follow any prescribed or recommended medical exams and care. The insurance company considers the injuries and medical care, and bills.
When visiting the primary care physician or other health care physician, it is important to explain to the doctor how the injuries occurred. If thrown to the asphalt, tell the doctor where it hurts. It is important to tell the doctor about every injury. The doctor might ask you to rate each of your injuries on a pain scale of one to ten.
Physicians should request and receive records from your emergency room visit. Also, they should do so directly after the accident. Also, to avoid duplicate X-rays and more cost, have them sent over too.
Afterward, your primary care physician performs a full examination and decides upon a suitable treatment plan. The treatment plan can involve prescription pain and anti-inflammatory medications. But it likely will include physical therapy and other necessary medical treatments.
Delaying medical treatment reduces the likelihood of proving the cause of the injuries. Speak with motorcycle injury attorney Michael P. Ehline for a free no-obligation consultation call (213) 596-9642.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- ATV Injuries
- Auto "Turo" Accident
- Auto Door Latch Defects
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Auto Rental Accident
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Car Accidents
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Cement Truck Accident
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Child Bike Injuries
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Bicycle Injuries
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Construction Accident
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Glass Claims
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- DHL Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Electric Vehicle Accident
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Eye Injuries
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- FedEx Truck Accidents
- Glossary Trucking Law Terms
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Insurance Q & A Video
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Statistics
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Opioid Lawsuit Attorney
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Overexertion Attorneys
- Parking Structure Incident Attorney
- Postal Truck Accident
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Product Defect & Recall
- Rental Car Reimbursment
- Ridesharing - Lyft Accidents
- Road Rage
- School Bus Accident
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Smoke & Heat Inhalation
- Snapchat Distracted Driving
- Soft Tissue Cases
- Spine Compression
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- SUV Rollover
- Taxi Cab Injury
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders
- Tips: Left Hand Turn Crash Avoidance
- Tour Bus Accident Attorney
- Tractor And Trailer
- Traffic Accident - DUI/Drunk Driver
- Traffic Accident - Hit and Run