Possible L.A. Road Changes
Los Angeles is a city filled with traffic that results in frequent traffic jams, wrecks, and congestion. The town has maintained roadways by paving through canyons, flattening hillsides to expand roads, and downed trees. This upgrade has also helped improve traffic flow, but it has not been a long-term plan for fixing LA's traffic problems.
No faster are roadways widened or added, and filled with vehicles, rather than easing the problem. City planners have been working on a solution they have been pushing, claiming new ideas need to get put into action.
Despite new traffic laws in California, LA is still a traffic nightmare on many surface streets. Consequently, the old ones have proven ineffective. The viable options have been brought up enough by city planners that the state legislature is now beginning to discuss the alternatives suggested.
Comprehensive Traffic Problem Approach
One of the suggestions is to endorse a comprehensive policy to approach traffic issues from a different strategy. Instead of making motor vehicles, the priority one alternative is to improve convenience and safety for public transportation, pedestrians, and bicyclists, with the object being to reduce traffic. Given other safe and convenient options, many believe some people are now driving would use these alternatives.
What is Mobility Plan 2035?
This alternative that legislatures discuss is Mobility Plan 2035, which includes bus-only lanes, reducing some car lanes on some of the most massive boulevards. Plus, it has significant new road designs and hundreds of miles of new bicycle lanes. Consequently, this is a twenty-year plan that also reduces the traffic accident fatality rate to zero.
There are some changes on LA roadways in this direction, such as safer bicycle lanes throughout the county. However, this plan is much more extensive and will touch every section of Los Angeles, including Downtown, Hollywood, South Los Angeles, the Westside, and the San Fernando Valley.
- Pitfalls and Holdups
There are opponents to this alternative Mobility Plan 2035. Opponents believe that taking these measures to improve traffic congestion and reducing fatalities will only intensify traffic congestion. Hence, it may increase problems. The other thing mentioned is that it could contribute to emergency vehicle delays if it worsens traffic conditions.
Los Angeles City's Mobility Plan is downloadable here https://la2b.org/documents/ to find out the plan's complete information to form an educated opinion. L.A. City Councilman Mike Bonin backed the project. Bonin said that the document enacts safety measures for people bicycling and moving about without a vehicle to prevent injury and death. The Councilman went with statistics. He said that 5% of these people die when a car is traveling 20 miles per hour. Also, at a 40 mph rate, the fatality rate is over 80%.
Ehline Law Firm is watching this legislation closely. If you or a loved one has become damaged, contact the law firm to consult with our accomplished traffic accident attorneys.
You can reach out to a:
- Torrance wrongful death lawyer
- Torrance car accident lawyer
- Torrance motorcycle lawyer
- Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach
- Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyer
- Marina del Rey accident lawyers
Practice Area Information
- Amtrak Accident Attorney
- Auto Accidents
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Bad Weather, Road Debris Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Bullet Proof Armored Vehicles
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- Car Accident Evidence Gathering
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- Distracted Eating and Driving
- Distracted/Inattentive Driving Acccidents
- DUI/Drunk Driver Crash
- Gas Tank Explosion
- Government Claims - Cal Trans Accidents
- Government Claims - Pothole Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Head on Collisions
- Hit and Run Collisions
- Illegal U-Turn Accidents
- Important CVC Sections
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- Intersection Accident Attorneys
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Loaner Car Accident
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Motorcycle Accident
- Negligent Entrustment
- Pedestrian Collisions
- Rain Accidents
- Rear Impact Collision
- Reckless Driving Car Crash
- Recreational Duck Boat Accidents
- Rental "Turo" Accident
- Rental Car Accident
- Rental Car Reimbursment
- Ridesharing - Lyft Accidents
- Ridesharing - Uber Accident
- Road Rage
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Side Swipes and Lane Changes
- Small Car & Truck Payouts and Results
- Speeding Crashes
- T-Bone Broadside Accidents
- Tanker Truck
- Taxi Cab Injury
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Tips: Left Hand Turn Crash Avoidance
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- Train Accident
- Train Accidents Injury Lawsuit Center
- Truck Crash Stats
- Uber Unfair Fare Lawyers
- UPS Delivery Truck Accident