Rising Gas Prices Means More Motorcycle Accidents
Is There An Unfortunate Reality At The Gas Pump?
It might not seem like a direct correlation or an immediate reaction. Gas prices and the number of deaths on the road are directly tied together. This adverse reaction is a result of many factors. But gasoline prices are the first and foremost. It can be depressing that a person's life is so directly tied to the price at the pump, but there are several reasons why.
Easily the largest is mileage. Motorcycles and dirt bikes get excellent mileage, on average, which means they are often taken out of the garage in times of high prices. These are inexpensive ways to head to work that people already have. Often garages have a side project that the husband in the family is working on or a recreational bike.
A Direct Line Of Motorcycle Injuries From Gas Increases?
When gas prices spiked around 2008 and 2012, the results were stark. In California, the number of fatalities increased substantially. Also, between 2002 and 2011, the number of prices shot up as the price of gas did. This spike resulted indirectly in 800 additional deaths due to motorcycle accidents compared to a similar period prior.
It also caused 10,290 injuries, just in the state of California. 93% of such fatalities involved men. The largest age cohort of fault in these types of accidents was between 16 and 24. Also, when gas prices decline, the number of motorcyclists on the road drop as well. And this results in a fall in related fatalities.
So this is our opportunity to stop this blight. Through the driver's safety and better public education, we can drive down the number of deaths on the road. Motorcyclists have a valuable place on the road and the same rights and privileges as any other driver.
Thus, there is an extraordinary opportunity as long as gas prices are low to prevent future heartache and fatal accidents. We hope to see such an improvement.
You can reach out to a:
- Torrance wrongful death lawyer
- Torrance car accident lawyer
- Torrance motorcycle lawyer
- Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach
- Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyer
- Marina del Rey accident lawyers
Practice Area Information
- ATV Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accident
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Bus Accident
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- DHL Accidents
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Important CVC Sections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Stats
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Pedestrian Collisions
- Rear Impact Collision
- Speeding Crashes
- Sudden Stop Motorcycle Collisions
- Teenaged Motorcyclist Accidents
- Testimonials of Wounded Riders
- Train Accident
- Truck Crash Stats
- Two Wheeled Single Vehicle Collisions
- UPS Delivery Truck Accident