Ultimate Guide to Understanding Legal Needs After a Crash
At the outset, the insurance company is NOT your friend, and their only duty is to their shareholders. Because of this, you should contact a car accident lawyer in pretty much any case where you crash, and there is property damage or bodily injuries. (even bruises can be a sign of a serious internal injury being masked by pain-killing adrenaline)
But our best injury lawyers are going to examine in extreme detail to help you cover all your bases in this expertly written and researched legal article. We will deal with the liability concerns of the other driver and when you must seek medical treatment in the following information. We will also stress why if you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, it’s so important that you contact and hire a proper car accident attorney with a proven track record for winning car accident cases.
A talented car accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you need when entangled with cars crashing into vehicles on the road. An experienced attorney can help you navigate through the legal process and help you get the best possible financial compensation for your particular car accident.
Individuals who have been involved in an accident are not required to seek legal advice or seek legal counsel at all. Large insurance companies hope the car accident victims won’t take an ambulance to the emergency room. They especially love it when there gaps or delays exist in medical treatment. Their greatest hope is that you won’t contact a lawyer until it’s too late. However, if the incident was severe, it’s important that you speak with a top California car accident lawyer right away so that they can begin working on your case.
When To Call a Car Accident Lawyer?
If any of the following apply to your situation, call a lawyer immediately to discuss the details of your personal injury case against any and all drivers involved. Some specific situations in which you may want to contact a California car accident lawyer in California, include:
- If you have suffered a serious injury in a car accident, it is important that you seek medical attention immediately.
- It’s possible that you are not at fault in the accident. Fault cannot be established in every case by even the best car accident attorneys and legal team arguing with the insurance adjuster.
- Serious car accident injuries can happen when a vehicle collides with another object, such as a cyclist or pedestrian near or at the accident scene.
- An insurance settlement from the other driver’s insurance company may not cover all of your damages.
- When it comes to car accidents in school zones, it’s important that your legal team have the necessary knowledge to handle the claims made by the government during an initial free consultation.
- Work zones or construction areas can be dangerous places for car accidents and make a car accident lawsuit more difficult due to statute of limitations problems.
- An experienced law firm can also challenge the police report if you disagree with its findings.
- You are having a hard time paying your medical bills and other expenses following the accident.
- The effects of the accident on your ability to work are still being felt as you regularly attend physical therapy and other medical treatment.
- It’s also possible that the insurance company is trying to dispute the value of your claim, all the more reason to contact a lawyer.
If you are unsure whether or not you need a car accident attorney after a serious car accident, it’s important to consult a reputable lawyer. They can help you determine the best course of action, such as filing a claim for damages and whether to accept any offers or car accident settlements. Even minor traffic accidents can often be handled without the help of an attorney. However, in certain circumstances, an attorney’s services can be beneficial for resolving personal injury cases involving motor vehicle accidents.
- Minor collisions that result in significant vehicle or property damage from the car crash
- Any injuries to a passenger in your own vehicle or to yourself
- Any significant work missed by you or your passengers
- Problems dealing with car repairs and insurance limits
A personal injury claim can take two years to be filed in California. In order to preserve vital evidence, such as photos and video. You should also obtain a copy of the car accident report, if any. It’s important that those who suffered an injury immediately contact an attorney. Even if they’re unsure of their legal options, calling an attorney can help you get the job done negotiating with the defendant’s insurance provider.
Our experienced lawyers can help you determine the best legal strategy for your case. To learn more about obtaining legal counsel and our services, please contact us at (833) LETS-SUE.
What to Provide Your Car Accident Lawyers in a Personal Injury Case
Your lawyer should be informed of all the details of your meeting to make sure that it runs smoothly as follows:
- Contact information
- Basic facts about the potential case
- A police report indicating insurance coverage and liable parties
- Witness accounts and contact information
- Medical records.
You should keep records of your medical history and financial transactions. Pictures of the damage done by accident should also be taken and only given to a skilled lawyer. You should also maintain statements and other contact details of the witnesses. Failure to follow this advice will typically result in a low ball settlement offer or no offer at all! So it’s in your best interests to keep the information handy to avoid missing out on fair compensation.
When to File A Collision Claim?
Your attorney will investigate your case and work with the insurance company to resolve the issue before filing a claim. Unlike a personal injury lawsuit, a personal injury claim with the at-fault party involves negotiation. This type of negotiation is different from the one involved in a regular lawsuit. At Ehline Law Firm, our California lawyers are skilled negotiators who can negotiate a fair settlement for our clients.
If insurance firms wish to play hardball, or even hide the ball or refuse to admit fault in a clear liability car accident case, your car accident lawyer needs to prepare for swift legal action against the at-fault, negligent driver(s) involved. This usually occurs when communication breakdown with the claims adjuster over vehicle damage and who must cover everything.
A properly filed personal injury lawsuit may be the only logical next step in that case. The good news is that only a fraction of auto accident cases gets filed in court against an at-fault driver. To have a clean settlement, you should contact an attorney immediately and stop messing around.
Benefits of Hiring a Superior Attorney
It may seem effortless to deal with the aftermath of an automobile accident on your own. However, this is not the case. An attorney can help you get through the recovery process and prevent insurance companies from misappropriating your money.
Other benefits of hiring a tier-one law firm include:
- Fighting the Insurance Company: Insurance companies can be very unfair when handling car accidents in California. That’s why it’s important that you get the help of an experienced attorney. They can ensure that the insurance firm doesn’t violate your rights.
- Filing The Proper Paperwork: You must first file the paperwork when filing a lawsuit or car accident claim. These documents must be filed on time and correctly to ensure that the case proceeds according to plan. Failure to do so can delay the process and prevent you from getting the money that you need.
- Meeting Important Statutory Deadlines: An attorney will make sure that you do not violate important deadlines, such as those pertaining to the statute of limitations, in the event of an accident. In most cases, victims only have a limited amount of time to make a claim, so their attorney will quickly address these issues.
- Greater Financial Compensation: Those who contact a lawyer receive significantly more compensation. A lawyer can help you prove to the insurance company that you require significant money to recover. They’re not afraid to go up against behemoths, and they’ll fight for you to ensure that all of your medical costs are considered.
- Contingency Fee Basis: Most car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that you owe them nothing unless they win or settle your case. Any injured accident victim can seek justice after an accident – not just those who can afford it.
- Proper Investigation: With years of experience handling car accidents, attorneys can thoroughly investigate the causes of the incident and identify all parties that are liable for the damages. They usually utilize accident recreation teams and forensic specialists to uncover the details of the involved parties.
Most car accident victims are left to deal with their own medical bills and serious injuries after the incident. An insurance settlement is often less than what they need to recover, and these companies are only interested in reducing their liabilities. If you are pressured into signing a settlement, you might end up with less money to cover your injuries.
The moment your accident happened, a clock began to move. It was a countdown to the financial hit that would come your way due to your injuries. For many people, this first hit might be a missed paycheck. Medical bills would then follow, and suddenly, you find yourself in a financial mess.
One of the most important steps you should take following an accident is to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. This will allow our team to gather important evidence, such as witness accounts, and it will allow them to build a strong case against the other party.
Best Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Immediately after you are injured in a car accident, there are steps you can take to help you collect the compensation you need.
- Call 911: When you’re involved in an accident, you should immediately call 911 to report it. This will allow emergency medical responders and police to reach the scene. Your medical report and a police report can help establish liability and fault as a precursor before you file a personal injury claim.
- Gather Evidence: Valuable evidence can win cases, even without legal assistance. Smartphones make it easy to collect evidence for your insurance claim modernly. You can take photos of license plates, traffic patterns, and other important details to help your lawyer establish liability.
- Contact a Lawyer: Even though insurance companies try to reduce their liability by offering low settlement offers, it is still important that you speak with an experienced attorney about your car accident claim. This is because, unlike a lawsuit, handling a car accident case involves negotiating a settlement while dealing with mounting medical expenses.
What Not to Do After a Car Accident
It’s important to remember what to do in the event of an accident. Still, it’s also important to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again, especially if you sustained injuries, and seek to recover compensation from those at fault for the accident. You must get your case filed properly to avoid receiving less money. There is no guarantee this will get you more money, but lawyers say this is important to increase your result.
- Failure to Report Collision: It’s also important to report an accident, even if you don’t believe that you were injured. It can take a long time to see the full extent of your injuries.
- Admitting Fault: We tend to apologize whenever we are wrong, even if we are not at fault. However, saying “I’m sorry” after an accident can be used to imply that you acknowledge that you are partly responsible for the incident. You should never give a recorded statement, especially at the scene of the accident. Internal bleeding can take weeks to rear its head and you may even have memory problems from a blow to the head. A lawyer with extensive experience is better suited to protect your rights in this case.
- Agreeing to Settle: If you’re an accident victim, it’s also important to consider the settlement that the insurance company offers you. This method often involves asking victims to accept a settlement that is below their expectations. Get a free consultation today to learn more about recovering lost wages, including future wages and coverage for medical care and medical expenses. We can also help with a wrongful death claim on behalf of the grieving family.
What is the Statute of Limitations?
California residents only have two years following an accident to file a claim to be able to collect insurance policy money in a standard PI claim. Claims against the government or a cruise line for a car accident shore excursion may take as few as six months to file a claim. But, even though this period can seem like a long time, it can quickly pass after a serious injury. You may be focused on improving your life, recovering from your accident, or trying to keep your family out of bankruptcy and/or divorce court. During this time, important evidence may get lost or destroyed. To minimize this risk, contact an experienced attorney right away to start building your case.
If you have been involved in a car accident and are suffering, do not hesitate to contact our experienced lawyers for a free consultation. We can help you get the compensation you need by taking several steps, all part of our important role in maximizing your financial compensation.
We’re There When You Need To Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in California
Getting into an accident and treated with a doctor can be a frightening experience. It can result in severe injuries that can affect your life for the rest of your life. Having the proper legal representation can help you get the compensation you deserve during this difficult time.
Our seven offices in California and Texas, including Michael Ehline, make it easy for you to reach our car accident lawyers whenever you need them. All new clients are eligible for a free consultation where we will listen to your story and schedule an in-person meeting to go over teh complicated process and protect your rights to compensation in a confidential setting. Call us today at (213) 596-9642 or reach out for a virtual consultation on our website contact us form today.