Learn About Skull Fractures & Lawsuits
When suffering from head trauma, sometimes it leads to a terrible skull fracture. For example, breaks like this are not uncommon in serious car accidents near you. The human skull is strong. But taking a severe impact on your head will cause the skull to break or fracture. When the skull does crack, the individual’s brain is at risk of sustaining serious injury.
The victim may have the legal right to seek damages and recover compensation after a negligent skull fracture. The plaintiff can get payment for current and future medical expenses. Such things like loss of wages, pain, and emotional suffering are compensable. Parties can also go after cash for other related damages. So learn about your legal options. And if you have suffered this type of injury, contact skull fracture attorneys. Do so as soon as possible.
Types of Skull Fractures
There are different types of skull fractures. And depending on the class, there may be various symptoms. So treatments and damage to the brain can differ.
- Simple Skull Fracture: This occurs when the skull bone breaks; however, there is no damage to the skin.
- Compound Fracture: This is a break in the skull bone and possibly skin with the bone splintering.
- Penetrating Skull Fracture: This occurs when an object pierces the skull. So it ends up resulting in an injury involving the brain tissue.
- Depressed Skull Fractures: This results in the cranial bone portion getting depressed or crushed toward the brain.
- Linear Skull Fracture: A break in the skull bone. It appears as a thin line without splintering or depression of the bone.
Head Injury and Possible Skull Fractures.
Head injuries can have serious symptoms. And when an individual sustains this kind of harm, seeking medical treatment is essential. Medical attention is the only way to rule out the possibility of a skull fracture. So this is very important after an accident involving a head injury.
The symptoms of head trauma and possible skull fracture include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision issues
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty with balance
- Stiff neck
- Changes in pupils—either unequal sizes or non-responsive to light
- Bleeding at the site of impact, the eyes, ears, or nose
- A bump or bruise on the location of impact on the head—may take up to 24 hours to appear.
What Are Some Risks Associated with Cranium Fractures?
The person who suffers a cranium fracture has a higher risk of brain damage, along with other complications, including death. Most of all, this remains serious harm to any unsuspecting victim. And it can have other debilitating medical issues.
- Understanding the Contusion.
Head injuries with possible skull fractures can involve a contusion or bruising of the brain tissue if a skull fracture occurs. Contusions remain distinguished by an area of the brain tissue swollen and mixed with blood from broken blood vessels.
What Is A Hematoma?
Hematoma in skull fractures or traumatic brain injuries is heavy bleeding around or into the brain, resulting in serious damage to a major blood vessel in the brain.
There are three types of conditions for hematomas.
- Intracerebral: this is bleeding within the brain.
- Epidural: This is bleeding in the area between the cranium and dura.
- Subdural: This is bleeding between the dura and arachnoid membrane. Infection is a severe complication with many injuries and a severe risk to the person suffering a skull fracture. When a head injury point of impact is at the base or back of the skull, it can result in fractures that cause tears in the tissue layers covering the brain. Moreover, this remains true where bacteria can enter the skull, cause an infection, and cause or worsen brain damage.
Southern California Skull Fracture Attorneys
Head trauma from an accident is always serious and, in some cases, severe, including skull fractures. But often it takes time to know the extent of the harm done. Also, the same goes for understanding the resulting emotional trauma and financial losses. So when a sustained skull fracture due to another party's actions, it is advisable to consult an accomplished legal professional. Do so as soon as possible.
All Accidents Require Healing?
You had better believe it. Whether it is a car crash, slips, falls, or another kind of incident, any accident requires healing afterward. So if it results in harm such as a cranium fracture, concentrate on healing. Let our seasoned attorneys focus on recovering compensation for the damages from the negligent party. After all, it was their actions that caused the harm. Ehline Law Firm skull fracture attorneys have the litigation experience and resources necessary to handle this type of case. Why should you waste your own time? Now you can get better, and we do for you what we have successfully done on behalf of other injured victims.
Attorney Michael Ehline and the firm remain dedicated to protecting the rights of those suffering harm. So if you got hurt due to the actions of another individual or entity in California, call us. We believe when anyone sustains injuries and damages deserve top-notch legal representation.
And this is despite their financial status. We work with rich and poor alike. So to ensure this is possible, our law firm works on a contingency basis. Rest assured, there will be no upfront legal fees when we take your case. Once we recover monetary compensation, then we receive our legal costs.
Have questions about filing a claim for a skull fracture injury? Contact the law firm to schedule a free consultation. Most of all, have your case evaluated to learn about the best course of action to take in your case. Call the Ehline Law Firm toll-free. Hence, you can contact (213) 596-9642 today for information about your legal rights.