Soft Tissue Injury
Liability insurance adjusters will ruthlessly disregard "worthless" whiplash "soft tissue" type claims, so these cynical insurance company employees will refuse to extend unrepresented accident victims a reasonable settlement offer, knowing whiplash and other soft tissue related injuries are leading causes of a bulging disc or disc burst fracture injuries causing partial or total paralysis.
Table of Contents:
- What are soft tissue injuries?
- Contusions Defined
- Sprains Defined
- Whiplash Defined
- Get Help
[Page updated: 01-15-2021]
If you or a family member suffered accident-related soft tissue injury damage, you're not alone.
Some causes of these ailments include:
- Slip and falls
- Work accidents
- Car accidents
- Sporting events and other similar situations
How Does Soft Tissue Damage Express Itself on Your Body?
Minor soft tissue damage may only cause fatigue and soreness of your muscles. But severe soft tissue damage can cause persistent, recurring pain that will require significant physical therapy and professional medical help.
Often insurance adjusters try to underplay your injuries by declaring it just a soft tissue issue. And this is usually followed by a low-ball settlement offer meant to rook the victim.
However, permanent soft tissue damage to joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons are real possibilities.
So for the rest of your life, you could experience a wide array of symptoms like:
Others may seemingly heal but then later in life, the injuries manifest themselves as:
- Bursitis, arthritis, or some other medical condition.
Can these cases be severe and systemic?
Yes, as discussed:
- Many soft tissue cases will not heal without surgery and therapy.
Our injury law firm deals with cases such as bulging discs and others that can require surgery, including similar brain contusion claims. The insurance company's adjuster must not low-ball your soft tissue injury case, communicating a weak settlement offer. Victims seeking maximum compensation must contact the aggressive personal injury lawyers at Ehline Law Firm so that they can protect their injury compensation rights.
Common Soft Tissue injuries - What Are They?
- Contusions or bruises are soft tissue injuries often due to blunt force trauma, including a punch to your face, kick to your knee, fall on a slippery floor, or drop on your head. A contusion causes victims to suffer pain, swelling, or discoloration with severity levels running from mild to dangerous, with less severe injuries healing, and more severe injuries requiring advanced medical testing, surgeries, and hospitalization.
- Sprains injuries caused by gyrating muscle and ligament movements are caused by a twist or rolling pressure commonly afflicting knees, ankles, wrists, or hips.
- A strain is an injury to a muscle or tendon, often caused by overuse, force, or stretching (Source). If your torn muscle cannot heal itself, you must seek prompt medical attention to mitigate your damages, stabilizing your overall medical predicament. Muscle strains caused by hyper-extension, overuse, stretching, tearing, or overextending, may require expensive muscle and tendon re-attachment surgery. Whiplash, or "cervical lordosis," remains the most common form of strain-related injury, for example.
- Car accidents primarily cause whiplash. Whiplash's mechanism of injury is receiving conflicting collar energy levels. These G-Forces cause your neck to endure rapid forward and backward motions, overwhelming bodily head and neck stability during intense accidents.
Almost everyone involved in car accidents has experienced whiplash to some degree or another.
- Whiplash may not manifest itself promptly, remaining undiagnosed, taking several days for you to feel pain or movement limitations, stiffening and inflaming your neck, causing spasm related suffering symptoms.
- Whiplash pain can radiate through your shoulders and arms, or cause tingling fingers and headaches, forcing you to seek emergency medical treatment days or weeks after an accident.
- Pain afflicting the neck
- Limited mobility
- Fatigue or tired edginess
- Difficulty with equilibrium/balance
- Ringing in the ears
- Hyperactive sweating
- Numb sensations in hands and feet
- Difficulty in short-term memory and concentration
You must not allow yourself to fall victim to insurance industry disinformation propaganda. Your soft tissue case is far from worthless, but the only way you'll know is by promptly receiving proper medical and legal care.
If your or a loved one faces soft tissue injuries caused by a car accident, a fall, or other careless-reckless behavior caused by an at-fault-party, you must receive the best legal and medical advice. You must schedule your no-pressure consultation by calling (213) 596-9642, receiving a free case review, and learning your rights today before blowing the statute of limitations lawsuit filing deadline. The Los Angeles injury attorneys at Ehline Law Firm are ready to fight on your behalf.