Are you looking for a personal injury lawyer after being hurt by a Vesper Board? Our top trial advocates know how fast our technology is improving; what we do with the click of buttons and tap screens used to require days, weeks, and months to complete. You don’t need a law school degree or a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court to see all the new injuries and related trial advocacy associated with these new electronic technologies, such as exploding e-vehicle products liability claims.
Here it is no different for you or a family member seeking justice in the form of legal services after being set aflame by a Vesper Board. Below, our top attorneys will explain everything clients must know when they go from customer to plaintiff. We often look at technology as something that makes our life more comfortable. And it seems quite impressive. But that’s not always true for all our families and friends who have ridden or purchased Vesper Board.
Personal Injury Lawyer
- One of the main concerns with new technology is safety.
Michael P. Ehline from Ehline Law Firm handles personal injury cases in the Los Angeles area. In this piece, he talks about new technology. He regularly attends American Board of Trial Advocates meetings, has been in law practice for over a decade, and is licensed to practice law in California and Texas.
Ehline deals with Segway cases, too, and he maintains untarnished credentials as a certified top attorney among peers and clients. He holds many awards and has been interviewed as a top lawyer by many news publications, such as Newsweek Magazine. And this related topic is these new Vesper Boards. Here, we will delve into their potential personal injury dangers.
So What Are These Electronic Riding Boards All About?
Michael talks about the new electronic boards with wheels that are out on the market with different names.
- One common name you will find while looking for such boards is the “Vesper Board.”
This particular board is a small platform resting on two wheels. Controlling the device is done with buttons. Also installed is a chip that causes it balances itself.
Example Of A Similar “Mini Segway” From Youtube
Are Companies Lying, Saying It’s Easy Mastering A Vesper Board?
Companies claim that learning to master such devices is relatively easy. So they say within minutes, a person can start riding them. You get on the board and go wherever you want. And on this battery-powered vehicle, you can do it all while standing on it.
But as seen in the above video, even a talented and athletic person cannot master the device. So you could have a claim for false advertising in addition to a case for your broken bones.
So Is it True Nothing Is Free In This World?
Everything in this world has a price. By price, it does not mean that you will have to pay concerning money. But there are other ways you pay the price.
For new technology, you may pay regarding safety.
- This particular platform can quickly take you up to speeds of 10 mph. So you can probably guess it is prone to accidents. And this is true, even if other outside influences caused it.
- Also, you know computers can start acting up at any time. And a device powered by one can deceive you at any moment.
What About A Claim For Willful Failure To Warn?
Most devices like this will provide a written warning. It will state the very things that can go wrong and the ease of use in mastering.
- This is done to make sure a rider proceeds with caution.
- When you move at slow speeds, you may seem to other drivers as if you are walking. (i.e., a pedestrian). So think about the effects of vehicle drivers failing to judge right-hand turns.
- Consider parking lots and the potential for T-boning-type incidents.
What About Accidents Involving Board Rider Fault?
When you ride an electronic board, you have to remember that its tires are pretty small.
- The small-tire size indicates you can ride this board on straight roads and surfaces.
- But you will be going on the same roads where there are other vehicles as well.
That means you will experience:
When you choose to travel on already unsafe Los Angeles sidewalks, you can already be in an accident, let alone while riding a vesper board.
What About The Fact Is Very Hard To Balance?
The first thing about your first ride on an electronic board is its inherent lack of balance. Of course, you can learn to ride it quickly if the company says so. But you won’t be adept at it right away. It is just like learning to drive a car. You are not as confident on the roads when you have just learned to drive. But after a few months, you will get better.
Therefore, when you start to ride this electronic board, there will be higher chances of accidents. And this is because of the lack of control on the board.
- But the small cracks and bumps on the sidewalk are widow makers. As mentioned earlier, the board has small tires. So any road bump or crack too little or too big for the tires can cause problems, leading you to topple over and fall on someone. Or you may become panicked and cause injuries to someone while panic-stricken.
- Moving to crowded places can also be a little troubling because you must constantly avoid running over other people’s feet while distracted by the crowd.
What About Toe Smash Injuries?
You can quickly get on someone’s toe with the tires of this device as well. Some of these devices have their tires a little pushed in. But some designs can easily pulverize people’s feet.
- Examples include those who are barefoot or wearing open-toed sandals
These may be innocent people on foot who get sideswiped or run over. When these boards just came out, they were pretty basic, just like any other electronic device.
What About High Speeds That Vesper Boards Move?
Things improve and advance pretty fast in our modern world. So, while some other types of boards were offering top speeds of only eight mph, some of these boards can take you up to 15mph, increasing the dangers of hitting someone while riding these vehicles at breakneck speeds. When you hit someone at a rate of 10mph or more, you must consider your momentum. Also the angle of impact is another important factor. So, all in all, this can be a hazardous situation.
What About Other Injuries You Can Cause?
When you hit someone at incredible speeds, you can cause many injuries.
- Your head can hit someone right in the face causing severe injuries in the jaw.
- You can end up breaking their teeth when they hit the deck.
- When you hit someone and fall on their back, they can hit their heads on something.
That means they can get hurt badly.
- You can hit children, and they can get injured much more quicker than adults.
- Hitting another person with your electronic board in the ankle can also cause severe ankle injuries.
What About Accidents When Board Riders Must Receive Compensation?
You can get in a car accident on the road with your new, fun electronic board. As mentioned earlier, these types of boards can go at high speeds. At high rates, vehicles can hit you from various directions. Keep in mind that bicyclists’ example of being hit by cars at traffic signals is why autos keep a safe distance from bicycles according to law. Also, experts advise that vehicle operators keep a safe space for board riders. And this is true no matter how fast they are going.
If It’s Not Your Fault, You Deserve Compensation, Right?
If you have the right of way and get hit by a bicyclist, compensation for your injuries is often necessary. There is a chance we might see many of these electronic boards in the streets soon.
After all, online bloggers and Youtube celebrities are endorsing them, making them quite famous. What this means is board riders might have accidents with other riders. Property owners will be held liable if electronic boards become accepted commonly for transport.
- What About the Duty to Make it Safe?
People will have a duty to make their property safe for the small wheels. Bumpy roads can easily cause the board rider to trip and fall. Plus, gravel, stones, oil, and fruit skins can cause riders to slip and fall, forcing the rider to seek legal help with the idea of receiving compensation.
What Are More Common Injuries?
You could end up with severe injuries when you fall on the road or sidewalk due to cracks and bumps.
- Falling face down could cause you to lose your teeth or hurt your jaw.
- You can get injured badly by a car from the front, back or side. It is all painful.
The electronic board is no barrier between you and a vehicle. And because of its low height, a car will hit you just like it would crash and affect a person walking on foot. Even getting hit by a bicycle can cause broken bones, bruises, blue spots, etc.
What About Receiving Money For Faulty Product Accidents?
You can become prey of crude products while riding your board, including The Vesper Board. It is an electronic device that can malfunction and cause personal injury, just like any other electronic device. Call our Super Lawyers at (833) LETS-SUE to learn more about our advanced trial advocacy.
- What are About Computer Glitches Causing a Personal Injury?
Have you ever experienced a lagging smartphone or a frozen computer? There are always chances of similar things happening as well. There are a few videos on Youtube that show the dangers. One shows a rider was having trouble with the board after it crashed by mistake.
One of the wheels suddenly stopped working in that case. So, you can expect one of these stuck tires to go free all of a sudden. That can launch you.
What Are Some Other Problems Caused By Vespers?
But what if one of the tires becomes loose, escaping the board and launching into passersby? What if the footrests don’t have enough friction to allow your feet to grip the board? In that case, you will likely slip off and fall, suffering a serious personal injury or death.
- The new electronic boards even have remote controls so you can control the speed on the go.
- What if you are at high speed and the remote stops working?
Your board should also be able to hold the amount of weight it claims to tolerate without leading to personal injury. It is not your fault if its structure somehow breaks or shows signs of cracks when tolerable weight is on it. All eyes should be on the makers.
Seeking Legal Help From Vesper Board Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles?
When you hire us, you’ve selected a top legal team who has advocated on behalf of thousands of clients in Los Angeles County, CA. Things can go wrong in numerous ways when you are on the road. Of course, these new electronic boards are great gadgets, and their affordability will make them quite popular. However, accidents can happen to anyone. You deserve vast compensation for all your personal injury damages when you get hurt. Whether an electronic board rider hurt you or your board hurt you, you can sue those liable under negligence law with the help of a top-notch, professional law firm acting with efficiency.
Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC, will help you and your loved ones secure their rights with their personal injury cases. Get in contact with a professional lawyer for your injury case to ask questions and get answers in real-time. Get the money damages compensation you deserve at (213) 596-9642.