L.A. Area Facet Joint Syndrome Law Firm
Facet joints are particularly weak joints of your spine. Injury can cause severe issues, as these could severely limit your range of movement, strength, flexibility, and ability to do work or labor.
Table of Contents:
- Chronic Pain Causes
- Chronic Pain Symptoms
- Resolving Chronic Pain
- Importance of a Seasoned Lawyer
If your facet joints become inflamed due to a long term injury or old spinal cord injury it could lead to arthritis.
- Sadly, this can develop into chronic pain syndrome, and cause a lifetime of pain and stiffness.
Causes often include an impact or collision interlinked with your neck and cervical spinal cord area at the facet joint.
If this happens, you could notice problems:
- Rotating your head
- Sleep apnea
The main causes of facet joint syndrome are high impact mishaps like:
- Car Accidents.
- Bicycle Crashes.
- Truck Accidents.
- Bus Accidents.
- Motorcycle Accidents.
- Slip and Fall Injuries.
- Amusement Park Mishaps.
- Diving Board Accidents.
- Limousine Collisions.
- Pedestrian Accidents.
- Catastrophic Accidents.
One of the most common symptoms of Facet Joint Syndrome (“FJS”) is:
- Lower back pain. This pain can affect your quadriceps, hamstrings, and legs.
- Most injuries tend to involve cases above the knees, including the buttocks.
- Joint inflammation can cause stiff joints, trouble standing up straight, and getting out of a chair.
Sufferers of FJS are often forced into a hunchback position as they walk. A proper diagnosis from a doctor can lead you to speak with an experienced legal counselor to discuss how to manage your facet joint syndrome.
An attorney such as one from the Ehline Law Firm is experienced in claims such as this. We can assist you in any claims and, if necessary, retain experts, from orthopedic surgeons to pain management specialists.
- These experts can diagnose post-trauma chronic pain from this syndrome and treat it with a local anesthetic or anti-inflammatory medications.
In serious cases of chronic pain to the facet joints, our attorneys can assist in:
- Finding treatments in conjunction with your doctors.
- It can include Radiofrequency Rhizotomy.
- This procedure must be administered by a pain management expert that has vast skill in this complex process.
The experienced counsel at our firm has seen that one of the reasons FJS is so painful is because of the nerves coming from the facet joints sending and carrying pain impulses to the brain.
If you or a loved one has suffered a facet joint injury, make sure to contact a Los Angeles area injury attorney that specializes in dealing with these types of damages, like the Ehline Law Firm, reachable at (213) 596-9642.