L.A. Area Facet Joint Syndrome Law Firm
Facet joints are fragile joints of your spine, with bad Injuries severely limiting your range of movement, strength, flexibility, labor, or your ability to perform work-related tasks.
Table of Contents:
- Chronic Pain Causes
- Chronic Pain Symptoms
- Resolving Chronic Pain
- Importance of a Seasoned Lawyer
[Page updated: 01-13-2021]
If your facet joints become inflamed due to a long-term injury or old spinal cord injury, it could lead to arthritis.
- Sadly, this can develop into chronic pain syndrome and cause a lifetime of pain and stiffness.
Causes often include an impact or collision interlinked with your neck and cervical spinal cord area at the facet joint.
If this happens, you could notice problems:
- Rotating your head
- Sleep apnea
Facet joint syndrome's leading causes include high impact mishaps like:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Amusement Park Mishaps
- Diving Board Accidents
- Limousine Collisions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Catastrophic Accidents.
One of the most common symptoms of Facet Joint Syndrome (“FJS”) is:
- Lower back pain. This pain can affect your quadriceps, hamstrings, and legs.
- Most injuries tend to involve cases above the knees, including the buttocks.
- Joint inflammation can cause stiff joints, trouble standing up straight, and getting out of a chair.
Sufferers of FJS are often forced into a hunchback position as they walk. A doctor's proper diagnosis can lead you to speak with experienced legal counsel to discuss managing your facet joint syndrome.
An attorney such as one from the Ehline Law Firm will have vast experience in claims such as this. We can assist you in any claims and, if necessary, retain experts, from orthopedic surgeons to pain management specialists.
- These experts can diagnose post-trauma chronic pain from this syndrome and treat it with a local anesthetic or anti-inflammatory medications.
In severe cases of chronic pain to the facet joints, our attorneys can assist in:
- Finding treatments in conjunction with your doctors.
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy.
This procedure must be administered by a pain management expert that has vast skill in this complex process. Our firm's experienced counsel has seen that FJS is so painful because of the nerves coming from the facet joints sending and carrying pain impulses to the brain. If you fail to seek legal and medical care rapidly upon a back injury, conditions can worsen into a wrongful death claim.
If you or a loved one has suffered a facet joint injury, make sure to contact a Los Angeles area injury attorney specializing in dealing with these types of damages, like the Ehline Law Firm, reachable (213) 596-9642.