Crane Accident Attorney for L.A.
Cranes are a mainstay of construction scenes across California. These large, lumbering machines can often help build some of the most prolific structures in the state. But when used, carelessly can also cause great harm.
Table of Contents:
- The Laundry List of Potential Victims
- The Many Causes of These Mishaps
- The Many Types of Injuries
- Getting a Legal Representative
These giant, often self-powered, beasts need operators with proper training and experience to drive them. In some cases, negligence on behalf of the site manager or vehicle operators can cause severe problems.
- Carrying such enormous loads comes with risks.
If you or a loved one were injured, you should know your rights.
There are many buildings in the Los Angeles area that rely on cranes for construction. So there are dozens of such sites in the city and surrounding area at any given time. Should you have been injured as a result of one of these machines, you need to find out what your options are.
Who Are The Many Potential Victims of Crane Accidents?
- In 2009 alone, crane mishaps were responsible for 300 injuries and 200 deaths.
- Many people on and off the site can be at risk of an injury, including construction workers, crane operators, and bystanders.
All of these people risk suffering severe, often debilitating injuries as a result of such an error.
There are many causes of crane accidents that happen every year. By following the proper safety guidelines and having the appropriate training, operators and manufacturers can help to eliminate them.
This is the largest and often the most dangerous piece of equipment on the job site.
Statistically, cranes are responsible for more accidents than other pieces of heavy equipment at construction sites. Most crane accidents occur due to:
- Use of the wrong crane for the project.
- The owner is failing to adhere to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Improper or poor crane setup.
- Use of heavy equipment in bad weather.
- Unsafe conditions or debris around the crane can cause malfunctions.
What are Some Common Crane Injuries?
Even with proper training, some issues can still go wrong. Regulation cannot cover all human error. In case of a severe error, many people could be at risk due to the potential plethora of scenarios.
Just think about what could occur when a machine like this goes haywire or is not appropriately manned.
- Objects were falling from the crane that is in use.
- Being run over by the crane.
- Compression injuries.
- Other Crane wrecks.
Sometimes companies just like to cut costs without looking out for the safety of their workers. But when this happens, many folks become open to injuries.
So when these incidents do happen, it is the injured person that suffers. For example, these poor dupes face time out of work or terrible medical bills.
If you or a loved one faces injury as a result of such an incident, make sure that you are in the right hands right away. Your injuries could be severe, with long-reaching consequences. The attorneys at Ehline Law Firm know the issues you face.
Also, we remain prepared to fight for your medical costs, loss of work, and other similar damages. In any event, we don’t win unless our clients do. So contact us at (213) 596-9642 for your free case evaluation.