Can my lawyer settle my injury case without my consent?
Traditionally lawyers owe their clients a fiduciary duty and a duty of full disclosure, so this would likely not occur however, some attorney write this power in as a term of their fee agreement. If you find that your attorney has attempted to settle your case and you feel that the amount is insignificant or less than you should be awarded, since your attorney is your agent you may instruct him to return the funds and negotiate for a higher amount.
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How Do I Prepare For A Car Accident?
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Everyone Should Know Before Driving a Car