Can my lawyer settle my injury case without my consent?
Traditionally lawyers owe their clients a fiduciary duty and a duty of full disclosure, so this would likely not occur however, some attorney write this power in as a term of their fee agreement. If you find that your attorney has attempted to settle your case and you feel that the amount is insignificant or less than you should be awarded, since your attorney is your agent you may instruct him to return the funds and negotiate for a higher amount.
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best and Worst Auto Insurance Companies
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How do You Prove Negligence in the Car Accident?
- Important California Car Accident Laws/Scenarios
- Is There a Silver Bullet In Determining the Value of a Car Accident Case?
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Preparing For and Dealing With A Traffic Accident | The Steps Involved
- Top 20 Car Accident Tips for Crash Victims
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some Auto Insurance Problems in Getting Paid Post Accident?
- What are Some Great Tips for After a Bad Accident?
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What is the Three Times the Meds Formula and Does it Apply?
- What Makes us Bad Faith Auto Insurance Experts?