Can my lawyer settle my personal injury case without my consent?
Traditionally lawyers owe their clients a fiduciary duty and a duty of full disclosure. So this would likely not occur. However, some attorney write this power in as a term of their fee agreement. If you find that your attorney has attempted to settle your case and you feel that the amount is insignificant or less than you should be awarded since your attorney is your agent you may instruct him to return the funds and negotiate for a higher amount. Learn more here: https://losangelesaccidentpersonalinjury.attorney
Practice Area Information
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Dimished Value Claims
- How To Get A Rental Car
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?