How Is The Amount Of Damages Determined In A Wrongful Death Case?
The amount of damages can be a very complicated question. In a typical situation the survivors may sue for the medical bills incurred for the care of the person who was injured and the funeral and burial costs. However, the idea is the under wrongful death the parties are being compensated for the loss and continuing absence of the person, so often times courts will factor in the predicted future of the person who passed away and asses damages that would likely include the sum that the person could have earned, how long that person would have lived, and the suffering all of the members have incurred as a result of having lost a loved one. due to the absence of the deceased person.
Jan 4, 2019Jury Seated in Wrongful Death Lawsuit of Michael Jackson - Was Voir Dire Easy?
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- Elderly & Nursing Home Wrongful Death
- Forklift Accidents
- How Do I Prepare For A Car Accident?
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Manslaughter By Dog
- Maritime Wrongful Death Attorney
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Everyone Should Know Before Driving a Car
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Death by Suicide
- Wrongful Death Elements