Is A Tort A Crime?
4077 views • Jul 25, 2017
A tort is not a crime, but a crime can come from a tort. In other words, a battery is a tort, but it's also a crime. And the definitions are slightly different, but they basically both are the same: you were punched or you were hit or you were touched improperly, and that caused damages or harm. Thanks for watching our video Tort Law Terms. It is not intended as legal advice. Each state and jurisdiction may have its own laws. This video series is intended to provide general information as would be taught in a law school. To learn more about making your own video, contact http://www.videojug.com and to learn more about personal injury law generally, or to update or make corrections, contact attorney Michael Ehline at (213) 596-9642.
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How Do I Prepare For A Car Accident?
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Everyone Should Know Before Driving a Car