What Are 'Survival Statutes' In A Wrongful Death Claim?
What is the difference between murder and wrongful death? Murder is a criminal term that involves criminal implications when someone wrongly takes the life of another. Murder is a crime that has severe penalties. It exists wholly independent of civil courts. A case for murder may also have a civil action against the violator for wrongful death, it may not. The two are not inextricably joined. Sadly, it is often the case that the murderer has no assets to go after if he has been convicted of murder. What are "survival statues"? http://wrongfuldeathattorney.ehlinela... A survival statute is when a party is injured and during the course of his suit being litigated he or she dies, but the statute provides that a survivor of the decedent can carry on the suit. For example, husband is injected with a slow poison and has two months to live and he files his suit but dies. IF a survival statute is in place, the widow will be able to carry on the action against whomever injected her spouse.
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best and Worst Auto Insurance Companies
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- Car Accident Wrongful Death
- Dog Manslaughter Attorney
- Elderly & Nursing Home Wrongful Death
- How do You Prove Negligence in the Car Accident?
- Important California Car Accident Laws/Scenarios
- Is There a Silver Bullet In Determining the Value of a Car Accident Case?
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Maritime Wrongful Death Attorney
- Motorcycle Wrongful Death
- Preparing For and Dealing With A Traffic Accident | The Steps Involved
- Top 20 Car Accident Tips for Crash Victims
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some Auto Insurance Problems in Getting Paid Post Accident?
- What are Some Great Tips for After a Bad Accident?
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Makes us Bad Faith Auto Insurance Experts?
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Death by Suicide