What Is A 'Nuisance' Under Tort Law?
A nuisance unlike a trespass usually involves things that could be intangible such as a substantial interference with the use of your property caused by an activity such as an explosives factory next to your house which causes a significant diminishment in enjoyment from the use of your property for which the law implies a remedy. However, there is an exception called coming to the nuisance, where if you intentionally built your house next to an explosives factory you probably couldn't get them to tear down the explosives factory as part of the relief implied for the nuisance. More than likely you couldn't get anything because you came to the nuisance.
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How Do I Prepare For A Car Accident?
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Everyone Should Know Before Driving a Car