What Is a proper personal injury attorney contingency fee?
Personal attorney contingency fees can vary determining on the skill and ability of the lawyer that you retain. Often times more complicated cases will demand higher percentages as an incentive for a lawyer to take them. Under CA law, a lawyer cannot charge more than 40% of the contingency as his fee, otherwise, he will be subject to the BAR for a violation of fiduciary duties and you may have a claim against him for malpractice. However, all fee agreements are negotiable so do you best to lower your percentage before you sign your lawyer on to your case. If it is a relatively simple case with no complicated legal issues, you may be able to find a lawyer to take for anywhere around 33 and 1/3% of your settlement. In large settlements, that 6 and 2/3% can mean all the difference!
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best and Worst Auto Insurance Companies
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How do You Prove Negligence in the Car Accident?
- Important California Car Accident Laws/Scenarios
- Is There a Silver Bullet In Determining the Value of a Car Accident Case?
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Preparing For and Dealing With A Traffic Accident | The Steps Involved
- Top 20 Car Accident Tips for Crash Victims
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some Auto Insurance Problems in Getting Paid Post Accident?
- What are Some Great Tips for After a Bad Accident?
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What is the Three Times the Meds Formula and Does it Apply?
- What Makes us Bad Faith Auto Insurance Experts?