What Is a proper personal injury attorney contingency fee?
Personal attorney contingency fees can vary determining on the skill and ability of the lawyer that you retain. Often times more complicated cases will demand higher percentages as an incentive for a lawyer to take them. Under CA law, a lawyer cannot charge more than 40% of the contingency as his fee, otherwise, he will be subject to the BAR for a violation of fiduciary duties and you may have a claim against him for malpractice. However, all fee agreements are negotiable so do you best to lower your percentage before you sign your lawyer on to your case. If it is a relatively simple case with no complicated legal issues, you may be able to find a lawyer to take for anywhere around 33 and 1/3% of your settlement. In large settlements, that 6 and 2/3% can mean all the difference!
Practice Area Information
- A Skilled Attorney Can Help with a Rental Car and Compensation
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Best L.A., CA Car Accident Resources and Links
- Can I Claim The Diminished Value Of My Car After An Accident?
- How Do I Prepare For A Car Accident?
- Insurance Q & A
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Seven Most Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- Traffic Accident FAQ's
- What are Some of Our Results of Various Car and Truck Accident Cases?
- What are Some Reasons Your Auto Insurance Rates Can Go Up?
- What Everyone Should Know Before Driving a Car