Which States Have the Highest Rate of Traffic Fatalities?
Which states have the most traffic deaths?
Florida. Texas, and California are three of the fastest growing states in the country. They are also the three states that have the most traffic deaths in the United States.
In those three states alone more than 10,400 people died in traffic accidents in 2017, according to the federal Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In all, more than 37,100 people died in traffic accident in the United States in 2017.
According to an on-line study in U.S. News and World Report, the following 10 states had the most traffic deaths in 2017:
* Michigan. In 2017, 1,030 people died in traffic accidents in the state that houses most of the country’s auto makers. This was a decrease of 3.3 percent from the year before.
* Tennessee. In one of the country’s fastest growing states, 1,040 people died in traffic accidents, an increase of 0.3 percent from 2016.
* Illinois. Nearly 1,100 people died, 1,097, in traffic accidents in 2017, a hike of 1.8 percent from the year before.
* Pennsylvania. The number of traffic deaths fell by 4.3 percent in 2017, but still 1,137 people died in traffic deaths there in 2017.
* Ohio. Traffic deaths increased by 4.2 percent to 1,179 in 2017 in Ohio.
* North Carolina, one of the country’s fastest growing states, traffic deaths fell by 2.6 percent in 2017, but still 1,412 people died there because of traffic-related accidents.
* Georgia. The number of traffic deaths in Georgia fell by one percent in Georgia for 2017 to 1,540.
* Florida. The number of traffic deaths fell by two percent in Florida in 2017 but still more than 3,100 people died, 3,112, that year.
* California. The traffic death rate dropped by 6.1 percent for California, one of the highest decreases in the country. In all, 3,602 people died in traffic accidents in California in 2017.
* Texas. More than 3,700 people, 3,722, died in Texas in 2017, a decrease of two percent from the previous year.
No one plans to have an accident, but if your have been injured in a traffic accident, call the experts at the Ehline Law Firm APLC. All initial consultations are free. We answer the phone and, in some cases, we can cover your medical expenses upfront.