What Does An Experienced West Hollywood Personal injury Attorney Look For?
Medical care is vital. Physically visible injuries are not required for a personal injury claim. Whether you seek compensation for your exorbitant medical expenses, lost earnings, or mental pain and suffering, your West Hollywood personal injury attorney will need to ensure you receive compensation. We utilize many factors to evaluate an insurance claim in any catastrophic injury case.
Did the injury create compensatory damages, such as medical charges, including hospital bills, lost wages, or property damage?
Various Types of Cases We Represent in West Hollywood Ca
Personal injury can be a broad topic that has many different types of legal requirements for the plaintiff. Here are some of the ways a person can be injured in West Hollywood CA.
There are many different types of injuries that can occur as well including broken bones, burns, brain injury and wrongful death depending on how severe the accident was and what type of vehicles were involved.
How Do Accident Lawyers Calculate My Damages?
- Prove liability: The first step is proving the plaintiff’s liability burden to a judge or insurance company. Injured parties must show the defendant was negligent and at-fault after they breached their duty to pay attention or act reasonably, causing exposure to situations leading to damage. Guidance, counsel, and advice from professionals at our office can help individuals prove these things.
Damage Exposure To Plaintiffs
A damages calculator (personal injury lawyer)will accurately estimate your compensation based on past, present and future legal damages for insurance adjusters or jury members. Damages can total $1 or 1 million dollars.
Pursuit of maximum damages is the primary reason a claimant seeks the advantage of legal assistance with credentials. Everyone has that right to justice in California courts.
Damages In a Typical West Hollywood, CA Case?
After reviewing evidence, and determining party fault, receiving a favorable insurance company payout or jury verdict in court remains the next step.
Your damages result could include the following:
- Economic damages: Your lawyer totals up your special damages like medical bills, personal items ruined (property damage), and lost wages.
- General Damages: Our accident attorneys hire experts and use other methods to value intangible losses. Sometimes punitive damages will issue. The severity of your injury is a huge aspect affecting your non-economic pain and suffering damages values.
- Demand Package: Next, our experts send an insurance settlement demand letter to the insurer laying out financial goals.
TIP: It’s malpractice not to call a doctor right away. Don’t make the mistake of delaying a medical assessment and treatment. Get to the hospital and hire a licensed specialist to gather evidence and calculate dollar figures in your case. These are important decisions.
How Much Is Fair Personal Injury Claim Compensation Worth?
Your decision in a West Hollywood personal injury law firm can significantly impact how much you put in your pocket. The value of a personal injury case differs depending on your damages, the injuries can leave you down and out, and permanently unemployed.
An average motor vehicle accident insurance settlement amount can range between $5,000 and $100,000! If you have severe injuries, we are in a stronger position to negotiate with the adjuster. But if the at-fault insurance company refuses our damages assessment and fails to settle, your legal team will begin litigation.
How Are Damages Paid In My Personal Injury Claim?
Fair compensation for the accident victim can be paid in staggered amounts or as a single lump-sum payment. When spread out into periodic payments, structured settlement annuities can be tailored to meet you and your family members’ needs, just like the rich folks in Forbes Magazine.
Why Choose A Local West Hollywood Personal Injury Law Firm Near Me?
Look for winning traits in choosing your West Hollywood injury lawyers. Swaths of the Southern California economy are spread over this vast area, so you could likely cross paths with a careless person. Sometimes insurance companies will give you a raw deal.
You deserve someone who will handle settlement discussions with your insurance company, handling all communications with the adjuster. Your personal injury lawyers must navigate your matter through the court system if needed.
We will hire investigators to help gather evidence at the accident scene and reconstruct what caused you to be hurt.
- Common consequences of personal injuries
Let’s take a look at what happens when you get injured, like being hit by a bus, a falling-down accident, or suffer a worker’s compensation injury claim. Accidents that cause personal injuries can harm our lives in many decisive ways. Accidents can lead to a personal injury and wrongful death with devastating and immediate consequences to your life partner and kids.
After getting hurt, you will face feelings of rage, stress, and anxiety. The medical bills, surgery, and physical therapy expenses can spiral out of control in a personal injury case.
You may even be facing a temporary or long-lasting bodily injury, physical impairment, mental impairment, and property damage repair charges. Some injury victims will remain disabled, unable to return to the workforce in a meaningful capacity.
West Hollywood Accidents We Help Clients With?
A tremendous civil law professional has the education, skills, resources, and passion for helping in all negligence law practice areas. Even if you think it’s your fault, another party may be liable for acts of personal negligence.
It’s malpractice not to hire someone for something so serious. Our duty is to find the liable defendant and hold them accountable on your behalf.
A top professional injury law firm should specialize in litigating fatalities and catastrophic injuries in accident cases like:
- Auto Accident: Most injury victims we help are people in auto accidents. (people with passenger car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, and commercial vehicle auto accident claims).
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall, aka slip, trip, and fall, are common premises liability claims we help people win any slip and fall personal injury claim.
- Elder Abuse: Nursing homes are infamous for neglecting our seniors. We can help you. (We don’t handle medical malpractice, however.).
West Hollywood Personal Injury Cases We Take?
Personal injuries can be expensive. Treatment can cost families a fortune.
We help individuals get paid for any kind of personal injury claims arising from:
- Dog bites: A dog bite, including animal attacks, (even serious accident cat attacks) at premises like a business are an area of law our negligence attorneys practice regularly. Our reputation for giving small children and females extra attention over their deep puncture wounds and lacerations gives clients confidence and trust after suffering dog bites.
- Burns: A severe burn injury can disfigure. And even with surgery, in the end, some cases see permanent harm to your body and senses.
- Brain Injuries: We litigate CTE and other head injuries regularly.
- Wrongful Death: Loss of life is a devastating outcome in a negligence claim. Survival actions and accidental killings may require help with estate planning, conservatorships, and more. Our negligence attorneys work in these areas of law, including serious injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
One of the best choices an injury victim can make when facing legal questions is to speak to a caring, skilled West Hollywood personal injury lawyer at Ehline Law Firm today. Let’s discuss your case confidentially!
What Are The Top 3 Types Of Personal injury Lawsuits We Handle?
These statistics are from the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”).
1. Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The CDC says catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries come from an external force, impact, or blow to your head. Mild traumatic and TBIs might cause you to lose sensation, strength, cognitive function, leading to a coma or wrongful death claims.
These are commonly caused during a West Hollywood, CA car accident case or motorcycle accident.
2. Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
Dr. Marc Darrow says a spinal cord injury is very serious because the twisting, forward and backward motions in an accident can crack or burst your vertebrae, causing a severed or pinched nerve. Brain signals from your nerves can be cut off. You can lose feeling and control over speech, mobility, bowels, and limbs. A proven West Hollywood injury lawyer can make insurance companies pay!
3. Wrongful death
Unlike other personal injury cases, accidental death or wrongful death is a type of psychological injury. When someone kills your close family member in a motorcycle accident, for example, you’ll experience emotional distress.
The cost of losing a breadwinner comes with a heavy economic burden. Individuals need answers to all their legal questions and more. Here are some issues clients must understand about a wrongful death case.
- Victims: People who can seek compensation are generally the decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic civil partner, children.
- Causes: Premises liability cases, defective products liability cases, government entity claims, vehicle accidents, cruise ship accidents, and maritime claims.
- Damages Under California Law: The survivor seeks to recover compensation money for loss of love, consortium, earnings, and future income from the careless killer.
Your attorney’s professionalism, charisma, and tact matter.
Top 1-5 Injury Causes & Types In West Hollywood
Below are the Five Leading Causes of Injury Non-fatal Emergency Department Visits for 2015. (aka treat & release, or transfer to another facility).
1. Slip, Trips, And Fall Accidents
Our personal injury lawyers know a fall accident can cause people serious injuries or fatalities. Unintentional falls represent the second leading cause of TBI-related death-related deaths here.
2. Being Struck By Flying/Falling Objects
Road debris or flying objects can cause a penetrating head injury after striking your head, so your normal brain function becomes disrupted.
3. Vehicle Occupant Transport Injuries
Car culture dominates the WestHo lifestyle. Courts are packed with speeding cases as it is. West Hollywood is the high-speed chase capital of the world, with a high amount of commuters navigating our roads. Factors like excessive speed and poor road maintenance increase car accident case risks.
Are You Seeking Car Accident Attorneys?
Our very best car accident attorneys in West Hollywood, CA, assist injury victims with these personal injury law matters.Motorcycle collisions are the most deadly and happen to any motorcycle rider 24/7, which is why we have a 24-hour phone hotline.
Do You Need A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Evidence shows West Hollywood, CA experiences many motorcycle accidents annually. Our West Hollywood motorcycle lawyers are inundated with these cases with the high fuel prices and bumper-to-bumper jams.
4. Cutting And Piercing
These are more common in dog bite injuries, knife attacks, police shootings, and defective product cases with multiple reported instances.
Common in organized sports or a work comp claim, the CDC reported 32,523 inpatient injuries in 2015 in L.A. County.
Who Does My Accident Attorney Sue And When?
Here is the info you or your loved one must know about the personal injury claims litigation process in West Hollywood, CA.
- The State of California for a poor road or sidewalk maintenance issue (poor road conditions cause many vehicle crashes.).
- An area like a retail store, private home, or restaurant property owners (Ex: Slip and fall accidents)
- Your bosses in a worker’s compensation matter
- A rogue employee like a bouncer or a delivery driver
- Product manufacturers / product liability. (The dangerous products claims area requires many years in practice.).
- The driver who caused a car accident.
- Dog owners.
The record shows that brain injury claims caused by a slip and fall accident mainly arise from tripping and falling cases, often against West Hollywood City during construction accidents.
But they can be anything from product liability cases, like a defective motorcycle part or exploding airbag injury during car accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, and other auto accidents. Motorcycle accident victims, in particular, will need insurance policy money immediately.
We will review any pictures, a medical record, or other evidence-free of charge. We’ll make insurance policy claims against any responsible parties under applicable negligence laws. You can phone us. Contact Ehline Law Firm at (424) 666-3944, 24/7. Our best attorney is just a call away.
Statute of Limitations In Different Personal Injury Cases
Injured victims must file their case or lawsuit within the statutory or contractually agreed time frame (deadline) from their injury date. The California statute of limitations can differ according to your type of injury claim to avoid hearing ancient disputes and avoid injustice along the way.
The general time limit to sue is a two-year deadline in most PI claims. But some West Hollywood, CA cruise lines and government entities have additional claims filing procedures shortening the plaintiff’s amount of time to sue outside the statute.
Evidence of incompetency, imprisonment, or being offshore can also extend the expected time to sue. Only experienced attorneys know all the secrets.
Get A Free Consultation From A Supremely Expert Personal Injury Lawyer in West Hollywood Today
Most people put off hiring a California lawyer due to expense. We offer free consultations, even if someone is just looking for basic information about California’s laws. Don’t make the mistake of seeking justice without attention from a trained professional at our firm.
Our job is to answer any type of question you may have. We can help resolve legal issues and protect your rights in the event of a bad accident. If you suffered moderate to severe injuries during an accident, Ehline Law Firm is the one you call. We’re considered one of the top law offices in the country.
After you call us, a West Hollywood personal injury lawyer at the Ehline Law group team will promptly review your claims. We’ll take steps to explain all areas of the law and procedure at no cost.
Seeking an attorney in West Hollywood? Our top-quality firm is ready to help defend your rights today with extreme professionalism. Schedule a free consultation. Call us today at (424) 666-3944 or use our convenient online contact form. Our personal injury firm’s job is to protect the rights and success of accident victims and their family members.