Quadriplegia is among the most severe and devastating conditions that a person could face.
- How The Pain of Quadriplegia Affects Everybody?
- What Make Ehline Different?
- What's the Connection With Negligence?
- Scenarios Causing Quadriplegic Onset
- Examples of Real Victims and Causation
- News Examples in L.A.?
- What about Involuntary Functions?
- How About Payment for Medical Breakthroughs?
- What About Performing Your Daily Tasks?
- Chances of Recovering Money
- Hiring a Legal Champion
Facing years of physical therapy, medical care, and other issues can be a significant burden for the sufferer and their family. Having an attorney that can fight alongside you.
Quadriplegiaarising is also “Tetraplegia,” which arise as:
“An injury to any of the seven (7) cervical vertebra above the first thoracic vertebrae that results not only in loss of feeling and function of the arms and legs, it can also cause severe pain, loss of bladder control, bowel control, muscle spasm, sexual dysfunction, loss of fertility, as well as shortened lifespan.”
This type of injury is difficult enough to deal with. But it gets worse if due to the carelessness of another. Also, tremendous physical and emotional stress arise from these incidents. And this will most certainly have lifelong negative effects. Also, massive costs could follow after a vehicle or accident-related handicap.
For example, victims face expenses for:
- Home health care
- Special medicine
- Loss of employment
- Specialist visits and other items.
So don’t deal with it alone. Get an excellent lawyer who helps people like you get money for paralysis from the neck down types of cases.
How Does The Pain of Quadriplegia Affect Everyone?
A loving family member at the side of a person living with paralysis is a great resource. These wives, husbands, parents, and children are vital to recovery but are also placed under tremendous stress. This could be even more stressful if the victim were the primary breadwinner.
The ability to pay bills and live the same way as before can become unsustainable. Those that have become crippled are often left destitute, with some facing homelessness and discrimination. When hurt in such a manner, both the victim and their family can suffer from depression and PTSD.
How Do You Compare and Contrast With Paraplegia?
Children handicapped in accidents can see their lives turned upside down. If parents were similarly hurt, they could lose their jobs, their businesses, or even the surrounding people. The list of issues can multiply and spiral out of control.
Although quadriplegia involves a total loss of control from the neck down, paraplegia usually allows you the use of one or both hands, just not your legs. (Learn more here.)
How Can Ehline Law Firm Help You With Your Spine Injuries?
Our firm’s specialty is to deal with:
- Neurological damage to the spine, including partial and total paralysis.
- We are experienced at organizing all the information regarding the injury and accident that caused it and preparing it for the court.
- We spend hours crafting arguments for juries and judges and consult with investigators, surgeons, and accident re-constructionists.
Our assistance can help victims like you receive treatment from and get testimony from you:
- High-Level planner
- Vocational rehabilitationist
- Other experts who can determine your wages lost and damages
We are willing to front the costs to hire these specialists to increase your chances of victory. Our firm has the experience and foresight to know how to explain these issues to a jury and receive the maximum payout possible.
Our lead attorney, Michael Ehline, is a disabled former Marine that feels the pain of those suffering from these conditions. Let our staff work on your behalf.
Quadriplegia is often the result of negligence or carelessness. Quadriplegia occurs when the spinal cord gets severed from the shoulder and neck area. The result can destroy both mobility and the natural feelings of the body, such as tastes and smells, for example.
- These conditions can happen in car and motorcycle accidents or falls.
- Often these can occur at work, on the road, due to defective products, medical malpractice, or as the result of an acute infection.
- If your doctors missed a significant issue, such as hematomas, spinal compressions, or infection or condition readily discoverable, they could be liable.
- Auto accidents cause around half of the back injuries. Many are severe and could lead to serious spinal damage. Some cases exist from malfunctions (Toyota accelerating, for example), faulty seat or lap belts. This can lead to paralysis.
- High-Level happens to 6,500 Americans annually.
- Another 130,000 live with the condition.
- Most of all, this causes tremendous stress to victims and loved ones.
What Are Some Examples of Real Victims and Causation?
Many of the people living with paralysis are or were significant members of society. Actor Christopher Reeve broke his back falling off of a horse. Also, scientist Stephen Hawking became paralyzed from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Other causes arise daily. For example, take the case of American wheelchair rugby player Mark Zupan. He, too, was injured in a car accident.
On Jan. 4, 2001, Leon Bostick was training at Gold’s Gym Venice when weights fell and broke his neck resulting in permanent disability and a vast lousy faith award. The PV School District has a hearing to see whether or not a paralyzed girl can even attend their school.
A person with quadriplegia remained stranded on a Disneyland ride in one case. In another case, a poor girl was disabled after a car crash.
- Also, a Pop Warner youth football player paralyzed making a tackle during a 2011 game, filed the first-ever lawsuit over “head-first” tackling.
These cases and others show a tremendous risk in the LA area alone for these types of injuries.
Often tetraplegia causes involuntary bodily functions, such as:
- Respiratory conditions
- Digestion problems
- Uncontrollable coughing
- Excretion of body waste to become difficult, involuntary, or even impossible.
Potential treatments are in the works, which could help those with paraplegia, including:
- Robotic Body Suits
- Stem Cells
- Disc Replacement
Unfortunately, these treatments are years away. Dealing with current pain and paralysis will need great care to guide through this terrible time. But an excellent lawyer may be able to argue you are entitled to money for future treatments and therapies.
The mouth remains the only fully functional body part in most cases. An example is in this video lecture with physicist Stephen Hawking:
Unfortunately, those that suffer this condition still need people to help them dress, feed them, and wash them for years.
Yes. Absolutely! And this is important because people injured like this are unlikely to walk again. Also, they will often suffer permanent nerve damage. While treatment may be possible for decades to come, presently, the effects felt cause severe interference with life enjoyment.
So having an attorney to help you get the most compensation makes a large difference. After all, medical costs and other losses pile up fast.
Quadriplegia is one of the worse conditions that people can have. Indeed, it doesn’t get any worse only to be able to sit there stationary, with no real control over your body.
Treatises and Expert Works/Periodicals High-Level Quadriplegia: Quadriplegia With Cervical Compression: https://pmj.bmj.com/content/73/860/381.full.pdf