Tetraplegia Attorneys In Los Angeles
Quadriplegia is among the most severe and devastating conditions that a person could face.
- How The Pain of Quadriplegia Affects Everybody?
- What Make Ehline Different?
- What's the Connection With Negligence?
- Scenarios Causing Quadriplegic Onset
- Examples of Real Victims and Causation
- News Examples in L.A.?
- What about Involuntary Functions?
- How About Payment for Medical Breakthroughs?
- What About Performing Your Daily Tasks?
- Chances of Recovering Money
- Hiring a Legal Champion
[Page updated: 01-14-2021]
Families facing years of physical therapy, medical care, and other issues face significant burdens, including long-term suffering. Our Los Angeles, personal injury attorney fighting alongside you helps ensure you will receive adequate medical care, legal care, and compensation.
Quadriplegia, also known as "Tetraplegia," is
“An injury to any of the seven (7) cervical vertebra above the first thoracic vertebrae that results not only in loss of feeling and function of the arms and legs, it can also cause severe pain, loss of bladder control, bowel control, muscle spasm, sexual dysfunction, loss of fertility, as well as shortened lifespan.”
When another person's negligence causes Quadriplegia during a car accident, tremendous physical and emotional stress, coupled with massive costs, adversely affects surviving families.
For example, victims face expenses for:
- Home health care
- Special medicine
- Loss of employment
- Specialist visits, including other items.
Victims must not handle their case alone; they must first get an excellent lawyer who helps people like you get money for paralysis from the neck down types.
How Quadriplegia Pain Affects Families And Society
A loving family member at the side of the people with paralysis will be a great resource. Wives, husbands, parents, and children remain vital to recovery, yet dealing with tremendous stress, making things far worse when losing your primary breadwinner. Your ability to pay bills and live the same way as before can become unsustainable. Disabled victims are often left destitute, facing homelessness, discrimination, suffer from depression, and PTSD.
Comparing and Contrasting Quadriplegia With Paraplegia?
A person suffering from the spinal injury quadriplegia faces a total loss of bodily control from their neck down. In contrast, paraplegia will typically immobilize your legs only, allow the use of one or both hands. (Learn more here.) A parent or child handicapped by quadriplegia caused during a bad accident will suffer education, job, and business losses, including familial and societal alienation, seeing their lives spiral out of control.
How Can Ehline Law Firm Help With Your Serious Spine Injuries?
Our firm’s specialty is to deal with:
- Neurological damage to the spine, including partial and total paralysis.
- We are experienced organizing all the information regarding the injury and accident that caused it and preparing it for court.
- We spend hours crafting arguments for juries and judges and consult with investigators, surgeons, and accident re-constructionists.
Our assistance can help victims like you receive treatment from and get testimony from you:
- High-Level planner
- Vocational rehabilitationist
- Other experts who can determine your wages lost and damages
We are willing to front the costs to hire these specialists to increase your chances of victory. Our firm has the experience and foresight to explain these issues to a jury and receive the maximum payout possible. Our lead attorney, Michael Ehline, is a disabled former Marine that feels the pain of those suffering from these conditions. Let our staff work on your behalf.
A careless person's negligence or carelessness remains a significant cause of quadriplegia, including:
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Slips, trips, falls
- Workplace negligence
- Roadway defects,
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Acute infection
If your doctor misdiagnosed your hematoma or other professionally discoverable condition, including a compressed spine, or infection, that caretaker faces tort liability beyond the person causing your original injury.
- Auto accidents cause around half of U.S. back injuries, with those most severe causing severe spinal cord related damage.
- Examples of injury-causing products include faulty seat or lap belts causing paralysis.
- In America, 6,500 people suffer quadriplegia related injuries annually.
- In the U.S., 130,000 live with quadriplegia each year, causing tremendous stress to victims and their loved ones.
What Are Some Examples Of Real Victims And Causation?
- Christopher Reeve, the Superman actor, suffered his broken back when his steeplechasing horse threw him
- The spine condition "amyotrophic lateral sclerosis" led to Physicist Stephen Hawking's paralyzation and untimely death
- World-famous American wheelchair rugby player, Mark Zupan, suffered his quadriplegia from a catastrophic car accident
On Jan. 4, 2001, Leon Bostick was training at Gold’s Gym Venice when weights fell and broke his neck resulting in permanent disability and a vast lousy faith award. The PV School District has a hearing to see whether a paralyzed girl can even attend their school.
A person with quadriplegia remained stranded on a Disneyland ride in one case. In another case, a poor girl was disabled after a car crash.
- A Pop Warner youth football player paralyzed making a tackle during a 2011 game filed the first-ever lawsuit over “head-first” tackling.
These cases and others show a tremendous risk in the LA area alone for these types of injuries.
Often tetraplegia causes involuntary bodily functions, such as:
- Respiratory conditions
- Digestion problems
- Uncontrollable coughing
- Excretion of body waste to become difficult, involuntary, or even impossible.
Potential treatments are in the works, which could help those with paraplegia, including:
- Robotic Body Suits
- Stem Cells
- Disc Replacement
Unfortunately, these treatments are years away. Dealing with current pain and paralysis will need great care to guide through this terrible time. But an excellent lawyer may be able to argue you are entitled to money for future treatments and therapies.
Your mouth remains the only fully functional body part in most cases, with people suffering from this condition requiring assistance helping them dress, feeding them, and washing them for years.
Yes. Absolutely! People injured by quadriplegia remain unlikely to walk again, often suffering permanent nerve damage with future cures impossible for decades to come. You must seek legal advice. A severe injury attorney's help will be crucial, helping pay your assisted living and medical costs.
Paralysis Remains A Personal Injury and Requiring Champion Legal Representation Standing in Your Corner.
Quadriplegia is one of the worse conditions that people can have. Indeed, it doesn’t get any worse only to be able to sit there stationary, with no real control over your body.
So call one of the caring attorneys at the Ehline Law Firm. Receive a free, no-pressure consultation. Get your life back together now. More Assistance and Info Help Networks:
Treatises and Expert Works/Periodicals High-Level Quadriplegia: Quadriplegia With Cervical Compression: https://pmj.bmj.com/content/73/860/381.full.pdf