Texas Bus Crash Kills 13
How Did the Valdez County Crash Occur?
Tragedy struck a rural area of Texas not far from San Antonio. A pickup truck crashed head-on into a passenger bus in northern Valdez County. So far, thirteen people have died in this terrible accident.
The driver of the pickup survived the wreck. However, the passengers on the 2004 Turtle Top bus were not as fortunate. Only one person aboard that vehicle survived. The passengers were members of the First Baptist Church of New Braunfels, Texas, on a senior outing trip.
ABC News reported on the disaster. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration sent agents to the scene. As the site unfolds, more and more bad news comes out.
Governor Greg Abbott extended their "deepest condolences to the victims and the families of those involved in today's tragic event." He also thanked the first responders treating the accident victims.
Unfortunately, These Bus Crashes Not Unique?
Such an incident is not the first bus crash in recent times. Because of loopholes, buses remain harmful for riders and other drivers. In most cases, bus companies hire the right drivers. However, in some cases, companies hire drivers without a CDL or the right experience.
In other cases, companies do not repair their vehicles as required by law. Furthermore, in others, corporations or public agencies will flout regulations. All of these issues result in severe tragedies like the one we see in Texas.
In California, the NBC Bay Area station reported on a similar situation. In this case, Caltrans did not use the proper highway markings along Highway 101, according to the NHTSA. This crash killed two people and hurt 13 others in 2016. The driver was largely un-blamed. Additionally, only two of the 21 passengers wore their seatbelts.
Keep your attention here for more info. Also, the Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC, will cover the unfolding situation and other similar cases.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Aircraft - Airplane Accident
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Bouncy House Injury
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Work
- Catholic Church Abuse Lawyers
- Chantix Lawsuits
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Dangerous Chemicals
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Diaphyseal Sleeve Malfunction Lawsuits
- Elder Nursing Homes and Dependent Care Regulations
- Elevator Accident Lawyer
- Employment Law Claims
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Funeral Home Error Attorney
- Gas Explosions
- Gender Discrimination
- Government Claims - Cal Trans Accidents
- Head on Collisions
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Mercury Poisoning
- Michael P. Ehline Bicycle Attorney
- Opioid Lawsuit Attorney
- Playground Accident
- Recreational Duck Boat Accidents
- Relevant Los Angeles, California Dog Laws
- Sex Abuse/Assault
- Shaken Baby Lawsuits
- Slip And Fall
- T-Bone Broadside Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Tips: Left Hand Turn Crash Avoidance
- Toasted Skin Syndrome
- Tort Claims Act
- Traffic Accident - Pedestrian Collision
- Train Accident
- Tread Separation
- Wrongful Death Elements