Car accidents happen all the time, but that does not mean you need to suffer when you are in one. The airport millions of people every year try to get to their destination, but this also means that there could be a car accident at the airport. Additionally, no one wants to be in a car accident when driving a rental car because you have to deal with the rental car company and the insurance company.
However, just like car accidents in regular cars, a car accident in a rental car is very similar. Except, people should always hire a professional personal injury attorney when they have been in a car accident. To learn more about what you should do, continue reading below.
What Can Cause a Car Accident?
There are many different reasons why a car accident happens. When driving a San Diego rental car, they should take extra care because no one wants to be the person who has ruined a rental car. Some of the most common causes of an accident are listed below:
Distracted drivers can cause an accident easily because they aren’t paying attention to the road. They may be looking at their phone, trying to change the radio station, or typing their destination into their GPS. Sadly, car accidents continue to happen because people are not paying attention on the road.
Cell phones get their own spot because they have been a major issue for drivers. Many drivers will look at their phones while driving, which has become a major problem in San Diego. It is no surprise that San Diego auto accidents happen due to cell phone usage because people do not know how to put them down.
Impaired driving is another common cause of car accidents on the road. People will take their San Diego rental car after a party and get into trouble. Also, many impaired drivers will end up causing horrific accidents, leaving accident victims with severe injuries.
What Are Some of the Common Injuries in a Rental Car Accident?
Many injuries can happen when someone is in a car accident, but some of the most common ones have been listed below:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries.
More San Diego, CA Practice Areas
More injuries can be sustained due to an accident, but it all depends on the accident and what was happening at the time.
What Kind of Damages Can You Receive?
Car accident victims can receive compensation for their accidents. This is done through a car accident claim and can be processed by the right San Diego car accident attorney.
Economic damages are the monetary value of everything that has been lost or happened. This means that anything worth a specific price can be put in the claim and given to the insurance company for the at-fault party to pay.
Some examples of economic damages are:
- Medical Bills: Medical bills can be added to a personal injury claim to the insurance company. This will include prescription costs, equipment bought, surgeries, and more.
- Lost Wages: If the car crash victim has lost out on wages, the San Diego insurance company will need to pay out. This should help alleviate the financial pressures that will be put on the victim and their family.
Non-economic damages can be challenging to prove, which is why car accident attorneys are the best when it comes to this. They will need to come up with a monetary number for things that do not have a price.
Some examples of non-economic damages are:
- Pain and Suffering: If a San Diego car accident occurs, the victim may be entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. When someone has been struggling to live their daily life because of a motor vehicle accident, then they will have an opportunity to receive compensation.
- Stress: Stress can end up being a big part of someone’s life after an accident in San Diego, which is why this can be considered non-economic damage. A car accident attorney can help the victim receive the compensation they deserve for all the stress that they are currently going through.
Some rental car accidents result in death, which is when a wrongful death claim can be filed. The grieving family may have grounds to receive compensation because of the accident.
Some of the things that can be compensated are:
- Loss of Future Wages: If the victim brought money home for the family, the at-fault party can supplement their future wages.
- Funeral Costs: Funerals are expensive, but the at-fault driver may need to pay the grieving family and help with the funeral costs.
- Loss of a Partner: Losing a partner in a car accident can cause a lot of stress and heartache for a person. This is why people can receive compensation for the emotional suffering that they will be going through while trying to grieve.
- What Should You Keep in the Rental Car?
When driving a rental car, there are certain pieces of paper every person should keep in the car in San Diego.
The driver should have their rental car insurance in the car because they will need to show it to the authorities if they have been in an accident. This insurance will cover certain damages if the driver is not at fault. However, every person should read over this policy before they sign for it.
Also, people should keep the rental car agency’s ‘Terms and Agreement’ handy in the car. Authorities will need this to prove that the driver is allowed to be driving this car in San Diego.
If an accident has happened, and this paperwork is not in the car, it does not mean that the person will be in trouble for that, but they will need to provide the correct paperwork to the authorities eventually.
What Are Some Tips for Picking the Right Attorney for the Job?
There are a few things that every person should keep in mind when they want to hire an attorney for an accident in San Diego:
- Experience: An experienced personal injury lawyer will make all the difference when an accident happens in San Diego. This is because they will know how to complete all the claims for you, so you don’t need to worry.
- Focused Practice: Even though working with an attorney with an extensive background might sound nice, it might not be the best option. Working with an auto accident attorney specializing in personal injury law and accidents is better. This is because they will have the most current knowledge about how to deal with the situation.
- Personal Service: Many law firms will work with every case that comes through the front door because they want to make money. However, the right lawyer won’t do that. Motor vehicle accidents are stressful, and the victim can be left with serious injuries, so they should work with someone who will treat them like family. The relationship they will build with every client will differ from other firms.
- Communication: Communication is key when it comes to any case. You will want someone to speak with the rental car company directly so that you can focus on healing. Also, they will focus on speaking with the other driver’s insurance company, so you don’t have to stress about those conversations. An auto insurance company will try everything not to pay out, which is why professionals should be called to handle it. Additionally, they will always inform you about the case and what is happening.
- Past Results: Choosing the right personal injury lawyer will make a big difference when picking an attorney in San Diego County. You will want someone who has won car accident cases before because this means they will have a better time helping you win.
- Trial Experience: Not every case in San Diego County will end up going to trial, but if it does, then working with an experienced attorney will benefit you in the long run. You will want to hire a law firm that knows how to win when in court because no one wants to spend all that money on someone who is not confident in their role.
Call Ehline Law Firm Today!
When someone has rented a car from the San Diego International Airport and gotten into an auto accident, they should call the team at Ehline Law Firm. This team understands how a personal injury case should be handled because they are experienced when it comes to them.
These lawyers will speak with the auto insurance on behalf of the client because they understand how these insurance companies work.
Also, the team will contact the San Diego International Airport rental company, so the victim can relax. They understand all the ins and outs regarding rental cars and how liability insurance works, which is why people will hire them for the job.
Additionally, the team is knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate, so people will always receive top-notch service when working with Ehline Law Firm.
When an auto accident has happened, they understand that the car accident case should be handled with care because this is a serious accident for the victim. They want to ensure the client and their loved ones are in the right hands regarding an accident in a rental vehicle.
Overall, car rentals can be stressful for anyone, but when an accident happens, it ends up being a terrible time for everyone involved. Hire professionals to help remove some of that stress, and you can focus on recovering from the accident.