Post Traffic Accident Therapy And "Triggering Events"
How Do I Understand My Past To Create My Present?
As our injury lawyers discussed in a previous article, a strong connection exists between your early childhood development and your current relationships. No matter who you are interacting with or on what level, many of your expectations, emotions, and thoughts trace back to your childhood experiences. Doctors can correct a patient's maladaptive behaviors and beliefs. The article stressed that looking back into your past and creating new relationship patterns that can replace the less beneficial ones was the best way to control your life and become who you want to be.
A common problem exists between men and women alike when it comes to maintaining personal relationships. Change is seldom easy and can require support from someone you respect, love, or trust to help guide thoughts, feelings, or emotions. When you are in an intimate relationship, you may find it challenging to maintain the intimacy level you would like.
That may be due to the natural ebb and flow of the other person's emotions. But it may also be due to childhood inflections shading how you look at the ups and downs within those moments. The following example can help you better understand the problems that psychotherapy processes can help alter when difficulties creep up from the past and modify the relationship's closeness.
Moreover, Heather and Eric meet and are delighted to find they are attracted to one another. As they begin to spend more time together and becoming closer, Heather finds herself pulling away and becoming tense. Instead of enjoying her time with Eric, she sees his imperfections when they are together and looks for groundless reasons to become irritated with him.
As they spend more time together, Heather continues to distance herself because she believes the enchantment is waning. After his motorcycle accident and disfigured face, Eric reacts to Heather’s pulling away with feelings of rejection and stress, and he begins to distance himself from Heather as well.
Eric sparked Heather's interest because most people want what they can no longer have, which is an all too familiar pattern of past relationships. They are both repeating because each is reliving the hurt they have experienced with others. And this is how each of them coped with their pain and loss. As they begin fearing the end of their togetherness, they each start struggling for control, and because neither sees the other’s pain, they always fight the irrational irritation neither understands.
Eric responded to his pain and depression from the motorcycle crash the same way he dealt with past childhood experiences. Heather discovered that her interactions with her alcoholic parents and their now distant relationship are the foundation of her fear and reactions modernly. Both uncovered childhood experiences that formed maladaptive decisions shaping how they reacted during stress and why they created reasons for emotional distancing from each other. While the childhood reactions may have once been beneficial, Eric and Heather realize that as adults, their minds reacted as children and had little bearing on their present situations. They both began to understand that their adult selves can control their lives if they alter their childhood self-thinking.
With their injury lawyer and therapist’s help, Eric and Heather realized troublesome patterns of past childhood interactions that were still controlling their lives as adults. In the meantime, Eric's lawyer now must prove that all of these therapy bills were reasonable and necessary charges to assist in Eric's brain injury healing process. This change in thought patterns permitted them to live in a relationship that adapted to their new way of thinking and allowed them to become closer. Keep reading our articles and blogs about brainwave pathophysiology to understand better what our brain injury lawyers can do for you.
Or, if you need to speak to a personal injury legal counselor near you right now, call (213) 596-9642. We'll listen to your version of the case, review records and official reports and see if we can help you heal financially and physically.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Amtrak Accident Attorney
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Armored Vehicles
- Assault & Battery
- ATV Injuries
- Auto Door Latch Defects
- Auto Insurance FAQ
- Auto Rental Accident
- Baby Sling Recall Lawsuit Information
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Benzene Exposure
- Bicycle Accident
- Bicycle Brain Injury
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Bicycle Defects
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Bicycle Laws
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Boat Accident
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Cement Truck Accident
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Child Dog Bite Law
- Church Bus Accident Attorney
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Construction Accident
- Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rape Attorney
- Cruise Tour Shore Excursions
- Dangerous Chemicals
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Baby Seat
- DHL Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- Distracted Eating and Driving
- Dog Attack Statistics
- Dog Bites
- DUI Motorcycle Accidents
- Dust Fires & Explosions
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Abuse - Common Abuse Types
- Elder Nursing Homes and Dependent Care Regulations
- Elderly Dehydration Symptoms
- Electric Vehicle Accident
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Elevator Accident Lawyer
- Escalator Accident Lawyer in LA
- Eye Injuries
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Gas Explosions
- Getting Paid
- Hazardous Materials
- Hot Water Heater Injuries
- Inadequate Security
- Inattentive Trucker Accidents
- Industry - Crane Lifts
- Industry - Forklift Accidents
- Industry - Wood Chippers/Shredders
- Industry - Wood Sanders, Planes, Lathes
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Los Angeles Car Accident Victim Resources
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Manslaughter By Dog
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Government Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Statistics
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting Collisions
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury