Local Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Ehline Law Firm specialize in a personal injury case that hurts you or your loved ones. Serious bodily injuries can cause a client's prolonged recovery, physical suffering, and worse, without proper personal injury case representation. A Los Angeles personal injury attorney helps accident victims normalize their life after being injured. The personal injury claims we have won for thousands of injured clients in the Los Angeles, California area add up. Our serious personal injury law firm has helped injured; suffering victims recover over $100 Million in personal injury verdicts and settlements.
Ehline Law group's famous injury lawyers help defend injury cases in nearby: East Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Northern, Southern California areas. We have provided over 15 years of proud personal injury law experience settling negligence claims for clients. If you seek legal representation in a personal injury case, call us today for your free consultation.
Tired of Scrolling Click Here
- Why Should I Hire Ehline?
- Why Are Our Clients Happier?
- What Do Clients Say?
- Personal Injury Law 101
- Is It Worth Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Can I Represent Myself?
- What is The Personal Injury Case Evaluation Process
- How Do Injury Lawyers Get Paid?
- What Percentage Do Personal Injury Attorneys Get Paid?
- What Does An Experienced Los Angeles Personal injury Attorney Look For?
- How Does My Personal Injury Lawyer Calculate My Damages?
- How Much Is My Fair Compensation Worth?
- How Is A Settlement Paid Out To My Accident Lawyer?
- Why Choose A Local Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Near Me?
- Statistics: Comparison Of LA Injured Inpatient Visits With Nearby Cities
- What Are The Top 3 Types Of Personal injury Cases We Take?
- Top 1-5 Personal Injury Causes & Types In Los Angeles:
- Who Do I Sue And When?
Why Should I Hire Ehline's Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm?
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles can be a mind-numbing decision with health-altering outcomes. The personal injury specialists at Ehline Law Firm have a proven track record with years of experience litigating personal injury law. Our legal team's great reputation came from challenging wealthy companies, and their insured's hurt in many types of accidents. Our legal competency and compassion for our clients enable us to reinvest our vast financial resources and expertise into personal injury law cases.
Besides winning millions for injured clients, our personal injury lawyers have been recognized, awarded, and decorated by our peers.
- Michael Ehline is a full "Gold" member of the Martindale-Hubbell peer organization.
- Starting in 2006, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate prize award was earned yearly by lawyer Michael Ehline.
- CNN national news in 2009 interviewed attorney Michael Ehline as a featured guest speaker. (discussed dog bite injury law).
- In 2010, CBS Television Distribution producers hosted attorney Ehline to speak on their hit TV show "swift justice," where Nancy Grace interviewed Mr. Ehline for his bodily injury law expertise.
- In 2013, the National Trial Lawyers Association award was granted to Michael Ehline, forever establishing him as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer.
- The Los Angeles Times Personal Injury Litigator award was presented to Ehline Law Firm in 2015.
- Our manager has made the Leatherneck Magazine list of elite businesses inside the USMC community. (Read more).
Driving Directions View Larger Map
Why Are Our Client's Happier?
We offer small injury law firm service that yields big firm results in local cities near you!
Breaking News & Awards:
- Our lawyers have earned multiple consumer awards and 5-star client reviews from membership rating organizations like AVVO, Yelp!, Personal Injury Warriors International Inc, and others over the years.
- Michael Ehline has been a member of the Circle of Legal Trust since 2012, an organization dedicated to trusting attorney-client relationships.
WHY IS EHLINE LAW FIRM, APLC YOUR BEST PICK?
Philosophy and characteristics committed to your best interests
STORIED history of earning compensation
Contingency fee basis - "no win no fee" promise
We travel to your home, hospital, or offices
We can Uber you to our nearby location
Free INJURY case evaluations
Build compelling compensation
Advance all case costs
24/7 accident attorney hotline
Work with specialists
Driving Directions View Larger Map
What Do Past Clients Say About Our Los Angeles Calfornia Personal Injury Law Firm?
"I was Googling for a top-rated serious injury lawyer near me. Our son and daughter had barely survived a heavy impact with three cars piled up in Long Beach, Los Angeles, in 2016 off the I-710 Freeway, with my pregnant wife being injured. I had many questions until I found Michael Ehline's E-book called the "Accident Coach" online. After reading Mr. Ehline's book, we ended up hiring these great injury attorneys."
Reviewer: Jerry 5 out of 5 stars
"In 2006, my husband was run over by the careless actions of multiple vehicle drivers on Mullholland and Sunset, L.A. The traumatic blunt force injuries my spouse died from caused us grief. The first accident lawyer I hired sided with the insurance company. Serious injury lawyer Michael Ehline's team updated us throughout the injury case with excellent service, compassion, and the settlement we deserved. When I needed top-rated personal injury lawyers near me!"
Reviewer: Kelly 5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
Personal Injury Law 101
Are you the victim of a personal injury? Hire a tort law specialist who provides legal services to people injured by the negligence of a human, corporation, government agency, or other entity. When a defendant's carelessness harms a victim, an experienced personal injury attorney seeks compensation to secure the victim's financial costs for emotional damages and bodily injuries. With few exceptions, you must choose a decorated attorney who has years of experience handling accidental injuries.
A great civil law professional has the skills, resources, and passion for helping in any negligence claim. A top injury law firm should specialize in litigating fatalities, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and premises cases like slips, falls, and dog bites. One of the best choices an injury victim can make when facing legal questions is to speak to a caring, skilled attorney at Ehline Law Firm today.
Is It Worth Hiring A Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney?
Studies by U.S. experts prove that accident victims receive far more financial compensation for an injury from the insurance company when they hire a lawyer for their personal injury. When you do the math, after paying us your agreed fee, our local law offices will still net you a larger settlement payment yield for your severe injuries than going it alone. Our civil law expert will make the necessary tabulations by using the best accounting methods to pay you the maximum compensation.
Can I Represent Myself In A Personal Injury Case?
You're not required by law to hire an injury attorney to represent your Los Angeles personal injury claim. Sometimes engaging our lawyer to file your personal injury lawsuit can be more expensive than your settlement if you suffered smaller injuries. When this happens, the adjuster will tender an unreasonable settlement offer for your injuries. Your lawyer may suggest you represent yourself in small claims court to receive maximum compensation to avoid the litigation process. In that injury case, you can file all the court paperwork and make the appearances yourself.
What Is The Personal Injury Evaluation Process?
Your injury firm will request and review applicable policies and request copies of your policy or other relevant policies from your agent. Once they receive them, they can rule out any concerns over types of available coverage or med-pay benefits.
- Your lawyer will request copies of other policies, including a review of PIP, Uninsured Motorist, Underinsured Motorist, or comp and collision payments covering injuries.
- Your lawyer will request copies of witness examinations to help prove your type of personal injury.
- We will request and review applicable reports and request copies of CHP or metro police reports, Caltrans traffic safety studies, etc.
- We will make an initial demand for the insurer to accept legal liability for your damages from the accident and seek health coverages.
How Do Personal Injury Lawyers In Los Angeles Get Paid Their Contingency Fee?
Our personal injury lawyers handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. We never charge any fees unless we secure compensation on our client’s behalf – there are never out of pocket fees with us. Once we win, we charge our contracted percentage of your recovery for our legal services. We obtain our agreed to fee-sharing agreement amount out of the final settlement or jury verdict in your personal injury case.
What Percentage Do Personal Injury Attorneys Get Paid?
Most contingency fee agreements will pay your attorney a gross percentage portion of between 33% and 40% of a settlement. But in case of a trial, the better trial lawyers will receive a fee of between 40% or even 50%. Also, no law prevents you from negotiating a reduced percentage or another form of trade or fee payment. We resolve most cases for a 33% fee of your settlement or award. Example: What is a third of $100,000? 1/3 is .3333333, which is also 1/3, or here, $100,000 translates into a commission of $13,333.33. TIP: If your minor child is hurt, their legal care-taker stands as their "guardian ad litem." We typically reduce our attorneys' fees to protect the incompetent child's interests.
What Does An Experienced Los Angeles Personal injury Attorney Look For?
Physically visible injuries are not required for a personal injury claim. Whether you seek compensation for your exorbitant medical expenses, your lost earnings, or mental pain and suffering, your Los Angeles personal injury attorney will need to ensure that both the attorney and the client can receive compensation. Many factors are utilized to evaluate an insurance claim in a catastrophic injury case in LA.
Did the injury create compensatory damages, such as medical charges or lost wages? If so, then you have a personal injury case.
How Does My Personal Injury Lawyer Calculate My Damages?
- Prove liability: The first step is proving the plaintiff's burden that the defendant was negligent and at-fault after he/she breached his/her duty to act reasonably.
- Damages: A personal injury damage calculator will accurately estimate your compensation based on your past, present, and future legal damages. Damages can total $1 or 1 million dollars.
- Economic damages: Your lawyer totals up your special damages like medical bills, personal items ruined, and lost wages.
- General Damages: Our accident attorneys hire experts and use other methods to value intangible losses. Sometimes punitive damages will issue. The severity of your injury is a huge aspect affecting your non-economic pain and suffering damages values.
- Demand Package: Next, our experts send an insurance settlement demand letter to the insurer. TIP: Hire a licensed specialist to calculate the dollar figures in your medical malpractice case.
How Much Is My Fair Compensation Worth?
The LA personal injury law firm you select can significantly impact how much you put in your pocket. The value of a personal injury case differs depending on your damages the injuries. An average motor vehicle accident insurance settlement amount can range between $5,000 and $100,000! If you have severe injuries, we are in a stronger position to negotiate with the adjuster. But if the at-fault insurance company refuses our damages assessment and fails to settle, your legal team will begin litigation.
How Is A Settlement Paid Out To My Accident Lawyer?
Your fair compensation can be paid in staggered amounts or as a single lump-sum payment. When spread out into periodic payments, structured settlement annuities can be tailored to meet you and your family members' needs, just like the rich folks in Forbes Magazine.
Why Choose A Local Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Near Me?
It would be best if you looked for winning traits in choosing your counsel. LA County is about 34,000 square miles, and most of its 19 million people either live, work, or commute many miles each day. Swaths of California’s economy are spread over this vast area, so you could likely cross paths with a careless person. Sometimes insurance companies will give you a raw deal, great insurance or not. You deserve an accident attorney who will handle settlement discussions with your insurance company, handling all communications with the adjuster, and to navigate your matter through the court system if needed. We will hire investigators to help gather evidence at the accident scene and reconstruct what caused you to be hurt.
Statistics: Comparison Of LA Injured Inpatient Visits With Nearby Cities
- In 2015, the California Department of Public Health ("CDPH") reported that 63,225 serious injury victims were admitted as inpatients
- In 2015 the County of San Bernardino accepted 11,392 injured emergency room patients
- In 2015, San Diego County saw 22,889 hospital admissions
- In 2015, Orange County hospitals admitted over 18,072 inpatients
- In 2015, Riverside County reported admitting 13,573 injured inpatients
- In 2017 the CDPH reported 4,153 injury fatalities in LA.
*When you numerically combine the 2015 San Diego, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino hospital stays, the total is 65,926 victims compared to Los Angeles County's 63,225 injury victims.
- Common consequences of personal injuries
Let's take a look at what happens when you get injured, like being hit by a bus, a falling-down accident, or suffer a worker's compensation injury claim. Accidents that cause personal injuries can harm our lives in many decisive ways. Accidents can lead to a wrongful death with devastating and immediate consequences to your life partner and kids. After a personal injury, you will face feelings of rage, stress, and anxiety. The medical bills, surgery, and physical therapy expenses can spiral out of control in a personal injury case. You may even be facing a temporary or long-lasting bodily injury, physical impairment, mental impairment, and property damage repair charges. Some injury victims will remain disabled, unable to return to the workforce in a meaningful capacity.
What Are The Top 3 Types Of Personal injury Cases We Take?
These statistics are from the Centers for Disease Control ("CDC").
1. Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The CDC says an injury to your brain happens from an external force, impact, or blow to your head. Mild traumatic and TBIs might cause you to lose sensation, strength, cognitive function, leading to a coma or death.
2. Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
Dr. Marc Darrow says that a spinal cord injury is very serious because the twisting, forward and backward motions in an accident can crack or burst your vertebrae, causing a severed or pinched nerve. Brain signals from your nerves can be cut off, causing you to lose feeling and control over speech, mobility, bowels, and limbs. (Read More)
3. Wrongful death
Accidental death or wrongful death is a type of psychological injury caused when someone kills your close family member.
Victims: Victims are generally the decedent's surviving spouse, domestic civil partner, children.
Causes: Premises liability cases, defective products cases, government claims, vehicle accidents, cruise ship accidents, and maritime claims.
Damages: The survivor seeks money for loss of love, consortium, earnings, and future income from the careless killer.
Top 1-5 Personal Injury Causes & Types In Los Angeles:
Below are the Five Leading Causes of Injury Non-fatal Emergency Department Visits in LA County for 2015. (aka treat & release, or transfer to another facility).
1. Slip, Trips, And Fall Accidents
Our personal injury lawyers know a fall accident can cause people serious injuries or fatalities. Unintentional falls represent the second leading cause of TBI-related death-related deaths here. Falls caused 470 LA County deaths in 2017. Slips and falls caused 9,718 deaths and 40.5 % of TBIs in the U.S. from 2002-2006 (See CDC report)
2. Being Struck By Flying/Falling Objects
Road debris or flying objects can cause a penetrating head injury after striking your head, so your normal brain function becomes disrupted. The CDC reported 73,456 admissions and 378 deaths in LA County from 2002-2006. Striking injuries caused about 15.5% of TBIs during the same period.
3. Vehicle Occupant Transport Injuries
Car culture dominates the LA lifestyle. Greater Los Angeles is the high-speed chase capital of the world, with a high amount of commuters navigating our roads. Factors like excessive speed and poor road maintenance increase fatal crash risks with moderate to severe injuries.
In 2015, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and CHP reported 56,561 motor vehicle accidents and 585 fatalities.
- In 2017, 285 injured pedestrians died in LA County.
- Bicycle riders and motorcyclists made up 14.3% of TBIs in 2017.
In 2019, TIMs reported:
- 24,682 road accidents
- 2,659 pedestrian collisions (10.8%)
- 1,660 motorcycle accidents (6.7%) With the high fuel prices and bumper to bumper jams, our Los Angeles motorcycle lawyers are inundated with these cases.
- 1,577 bike collisions (6.4%)
- Total: 228 Killed & 36,740 Injured. Most cases involved passenger cars, buses, and large truck injuries.
4. Cutting And Piercing
These are more common in dog bite injuries, knife attacks, police shootings, and defective product cases. 36,084
Common in organized sports and work comp cases, the CDC reported 32,523 inpatient injuries in 2015. (Read more).
Who Do I Sue And When?
Personal injury info you must know.
- The State of California for a poor road or sidewalk maintenance
- A retail store, private home, or restaurant (Premises liability)
- Your bosses in a worker's compensation matter
- A rogue employee like a bouncer or a delivery driver
- Product manufacturers
Brain injury claims caused by falling accidents are mainly in premises liability cases or against LA City. But they can be from product liability cases, like a defective motorcycle part or exploding airbag injury.
TIP: Victims must file their injury case or lawsuit within a statutory time-frame from their injury date. The California statute of limitations can differ according to your type of injury claim to avoid hearing ancient disputes and avoid injustice.
If you have been hurt due to an accident, Ehline Law is considered to be one of the top personal injury offices in the country. A Los Angeles personal injury lawyer at the Ehline Law group will promptly review and explain everything at no cost. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of accident victims and we are ready to help you today at (213) 596-9642.
The brilliant Ehline Law team returned all calls and got us a great result. Our serious accident was seamless, and they were the most responsive injury lawyers we dealt with.
Michael proved to me he is the friendliest, smartest injury lawyer in Los Angeles. Would I hire him again if I got injured? Absolutely!"
- Abrams Tankersly of Los Angeles, CA.