Defective Brakes Attorney
Ehline Law Firm commonly helps with investigating defective or failing vehicle braking systems that played a factor in vehicle wrecks. Many of these are cases where the injury got caused in full or in part by faulty automobile brakes. So we have faced these situations before.
Have you have suffered economic damages like hospital and repair bills? People hire us to get paid for your economic losses and more, such as intangible money for things like pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Our firm knows that despite advances in motor vehicle systems design, technology, and safety, brakes fail.
And it is good for you that our law firm is here for you. Because every year, defective brakes result in multitudes of individuals dying, while other survivors get horribly disfigured or disabled. When you are driving a vehicle, you depend on the vehicle stopping device. Consumers like you know this as the "braking system."
Typically your car's brakes are made up of several components as follows:
In every product defect case, if you got hurt, several manufacturers of components can be on the hook for your bills. Brake defect cases are no different. Below are just some of the components, all or some of which may have been built by many subcontractors.
- The central part is the metal disc. But these shiny discs are more visible on sports cars sporting racing wheels. Typically you will see these types of cars with brake calipers painted red, or yellow. Also, they are often drilled or spaced in the edges of the discs for ventilation.
Some brakes are made with:
Is There a Connection Between Brake Dust and Cancer?
All brakes come with brake pads covered in cancerous asbestos. Asbestos helps prevent brakes catching fire. So yes, if you are a worker in the brake or car repair industry and got cancer, we can help.
Other Types of Brake Related Issues.
- Less common modernly, are drum brakes. But these are usually present in older and restored vehicles. Most auto injury attorneys and experts accept drum brakes are not as safe or effective as disc brakes.
- Newer cars come with anti-lock (ABS) brake systems. This design prevents vehicles from hydroplaning in the rain. They also help prevent loss of control in dry, clear road conditions, such as preventing vehicles from fishtailing or drifting.
- What Happens When Drivers are Scared of the ABS System?
Sometimes wrecks come about due to the vibrations your brakes make when the ABS activates.
- Often, drivers get scared and release the vibrating brakes. So this has the opposite effect and accelerates the vehicle when it should be slowing.
What are the Benefits of Properly Functioning Brakes?
Most of all brakes assist drivers to:
- Maneuver in traffic.
- Come to controlled stops and slowing down quickly such as coming to emergency stops. In Los Angeles, for example, this is very helpful while driving in stop and go traffic.
Accordingly, vehicle brakes are an important factor in avoiding loss of control of vehicles.
Properly functioning vehicle braking systems can also:
- Help obviate or reduce resulting collisions.
So when you are out and about on the roads, you must make sure your car is in good repair. Of course, the better condition of the vehicle's brakes, the easier maneuvering the roads becomes.
Fun Fact: There is a record brake-related smash-ups all over the world wide web (See also NHTSA Website).
Did You Know We Help Consumers in All Aspects or Brake Defect Lawsuits?
Yes, we can! We will make it happen for you. As a consumer afflicted with the punishing aftermath of one of these events, there is a good chance you are currently negotiating with an insurance adjuster. Even harder is dealing with the other negligent party.
As an untrained advocate, you are trying to get money to pay your bills, etc. Hence, you likely have lost wages, and need pain medication money, etc. In fact, you could be there in bed right now, wasted on pain-killers, calling all the different insurance companies.
You may even be calling the car manufacturer with no legal training. This work you are doing is all in the Herculean effort to recover redress and rectification of your injuries and losses. Conversely, you could hire a great lawyer and maximize the value of your case.
Hire a Lawyer and Avoid Confusion and Heartache.
You may get confused about the lack of ease in recovering compensation in contested product liability lawsuits. Also, there is no way a non-lawyer should make legal claims against the manufacturer of a motor vehicle.
Never fear, a motivated, polished product liability attorney from Ehline Law Firm is here. And this is good news. After all, you need lawyers experienced in handling all facets of defective brake recall lawsuits.
Our seasoned staff can go over the details that led to the crisis. We also can deal with the aftermath, to pinpoint the precise cause or causes. Also, our forte is to force those at fault to take responsibility. So we make wrongdoers own up to their duty to compensate you and those you love.
Of particular interest, we insulate you and pursue those who hurt you. We prevent you from all this being thrust upon you while you are ill.
Average Lawyers Don't Have the Knowledge to Win these Cases?
Handling catastrophic injury cases from failing brakes requires specialized knowledge by your legal advocate. And your lawyer will need skills beyond those for regular car crash cases. Your courtroom representative needs to become endowed with specific expertise regarding heavy and light vehicle braking systems.
Also, they need to understand the decision-making process. This thinking is what went along with the design or manufacturing process. Also, the connection to the defect itself must get tied into that process.
- When we hire our investigators, we go to the vehicle itself along with them. There we can see with our own eyes the results of poor manufacturing choices.
- Also, we strive to bring ourselves up to the intellectual and research capabilities of expert witnesses.
Did Brake Pad Failure Play a Role in Your Wreck?
Brake pads also fail. In any event, the motor vehicle brake pad failure attorneys at Ehline Law are willing to handle your case. But the attorneys at Ehline Law understand the loss of any loved one due to pad failure is tough. Brake pad failure can negatively change the family’s way of life forever.
What are Some Other Common Brake Defects?
Typical devices and parts that can cause or contribute to a braking failure or accidents are among other things:
- Anti-lock systems failure.
- Failing hydraulic systems.
- Poorly built drums or rotors.
- Failure of brake lights to work.
- Crimped brake lines or defects.
- Defective or malfunctioning parking brake.
- Malfunctioning brake shift interlock device and components.
- Big rig truck air brake glitches and flaws like a failing rod and reversing plate are part of this. Also, included are clogged, crimped or restricted air valves, and slide valves, etc.
Ehline Law has experience in determining fault and seeing whether any of these above known contributing factors caused your catastrophe.
Do People Die When Brakes Fail?
Yes, indeed they do! When brakes do not work, it can cause the vehicle to be involved in an accident. Hence, it can skid out of control and be a cause of impact with other obstacles.
Brake defects are responsible for serious injury or death of drivers and passengers each year in California.
These errors include:
- ABS failures
- Premature lockup
- Brake line defects L
- Poor brake maintenance.
Was a Vehicle Involved in the Crash Subject to a Brake Recall?
If you have done your research, you may already have discovered that the brakes got recalled.
- Also, you may discover your vehicle was subject to recall.
- If forced to file a faulty brake pad lawsuit or systems failure claim, we see if automakers were on notice.
- We look for customer complaints about the same defect to see if you have a solid case.
Especially heinous is when the manufacturer had adequate time to issue a recall. Often, such recall could potentially have prevented your injuries.
Can You Get Punitive Damages?
Maybe. If discovered manufacturers knew of these problems before marketing and distributing, there is trouble. Particularly relevant is if they proceeded with selling these defective units. After all, they knew all along they were dangerous.
So in that case, you may even have punitive damages claims against a large automobile company. Under agency rules, you can also sue its subcontractors. These are people in the chain of distribution who continued producing the wrong parts. Also, this is in addition to your product liability claim.
How Do You Retain a Stopping Device Defect Attorney?
Do you think defective brakes or parts caused or contributed to your malaise?. Because of your suspicion, you're anxious about how you will prove your case. So speaking with a lawyer at Ehline Law Firm, lets you go over the facts.
So we can advise you as to the feasibility of filing a federal or state civil case. Also, we can perhaps put you at ease and send out a settlement demand before litigating.
Talking with a seasoned trial lawyer is usually the first big step a victim can take. But there are many steps on the road to recovering money.
You, Will, Need Money for:
- Physical therapy
- Emotional counseling
- Regular bills
- House payments. (These are already piling up right?)
So you are out of work and injured, right? You can no longer afford ordinary expenses since getting knocked out of the work-force. Worse, with a permanent, or even temporary disability you may get fired. Speaking to Ehline may help give you some confidence there is light at the end of the tunnel. Speak to a compassionate attorney now at (213) 596-9642.