Ehline Law The Gas Tank Explosion Attorney
[Content Updated 04/14/21] Gas tanks help make modern life possible. However, in densely packed cities, the chances of an explosion increases. Additionally, the risk of severe injury or death is ever-present. When faced with such an event, it could be due to many factors. Some factors include mechanical or maintenance defects.
Ehline Law has dealt with car accident cases like this before. So we can use our experience to help injury victims.
- Known Vehicle Defects.
- What are the Most Common Injuries from Exploding Vehicles?
- The Serious Problems Associated With Melted and Charred Skin.
- What of the Manufacturing and Design Defect Case Studies?
- Want to Find Out More from a Gas Tank Eruption Attorney?
Car Accident Procedure In A Nutshell (Video With Transcript)
Click to open/close
There could be many reasons for faulty gas tanks in automobiles exploding. These could be due to the defective manufacturing of the container itself or its poor design. So these are among the most common causes.
Examples would include:
- Improper mounting of the fuel tank to the vehicle. These can usually get traced to the design stage. Defective designs mean to build a product not suitable for its intended purpose, yet negligently placing it into commerce. So here, gas tank mounts themselves could be the cause of the explosion. Maybe these devices were weak or constructed of inferior metals.
So can you see now that the design and manufacturing of the tank and its apparatuses are among the top reasons for the gas tank explosion?
These are major causes of severe personal injuries.
Injuries from exploding gas tanks can be incredibly catastrophic.
These injuries can include:
- Melting skin (can lead to the inability to sweat),
- Permanent nerve system damage,
- The chronic, continuous pain,
- Wrongful Death.
But even surviving such an explosion can result in significant trauma and scarring, including disfigurement.
Important: These types of injuries could lead to many surgeries. This includes plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, and skin grafts. When faced with this kind of fire and explosion, these injuries are particularly severe. The right attorney can help victims get in touch with proper physicians and restitution to pay for it.
There are many case studies of automobile manufacturing defects. This includes the original cases of poorly designed placement of gas tanks discussed here.
These defective vehicles can include:
- Your favorite pickup trucks,
- Ford Pintos,
- Crown Victoria.
But many other types of conveyances are at risk of being set aflame from an inherent defect or failure to warn the end-user. and others.
Important: The design of these vehicles places the fuel tank in a vulnerable position.
This risk also includes:
- Saddlebag tanks in trucks outside the frame can make the vehicles susceptible to side and rear collisions, causing explosions.
The Pinto and Crown Victoria have become known for tanks that explode on impact. Because mounting the gas tank between the rear axle and the bumper it goes boom if hit just so.
Hence, when struck in the back, an explosion can occur. The Pintos in the 1970s and the offending Crown Vics in the 1990s have their records too.
These models were mired in the media's tales of faulty construction and explosions. So naturally, these can lead to terrible fires and fuel line safety issues.
If you or a loved one got blown up in a gas tank eruption, make sure you receive only the best in medical and legal care. But right after you're done doing that, Ehline Law is there to assist in these complex cases. We will use our experience to your advantage. Call us today for more information. (213) 596-9642.