Cruise Ship Accident Resources and Help
Michael Ehline is a bonafide victim's lobbyist in Washington, D.C. He has lobbied Congress multiple times on behalf of Cruise Ship Safety laws. Below is a list he has compiled over the years to help injured passengers and crew. First of all, there is no government agency specifically in charge of cruise ship related problems.
Important Cruise Resources:
- International Cruise Victims (ICV) - Dedicated to passing laws to protect rape, assault, and injury victims on cruises. Has led the way with Michael Ehline in safeguarding children and their families.
Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) - Cruise Passenger Assistance. Competition and Integrity for America's Seas.
- Guidance for Cruise Passengers (Department of Transportation)
- Travel Documentation (Department of Homeland Security)
- Obtaining a Passport (Department of State)
- Visa Requirements (Department of State)
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Regulates the health and sanitary conditions on board cruise vessels doing business in the U.S.
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) enforces maritime laws at sea and is in charge of enforcing safety regulations and reporting crime statistics.
- Cruise Ship National Center of Expertise
- Cruise Line Incident Reporting Statistics
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorney - Dedicated to increasing safety and holding cruise lines accountable.
- Top 8 Cruise Disasters - U.S. News.
- Sexual assaults on the high seas come under scrutiny - CNN.com - "... sexual and physical assaults were the leading crimes committed on board cruise ships in recent years, the FBI says."
LA Cruise Line Help
- Port of Los Angeles - The Port of Los Angeles operates the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
- Long Beach Cruise Terminal - Located in the nearby City of Long Beach.
- San Pedro.com - San Pedro is the home of The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center.
- Los Angeles Cruise Schedule - Ports America.
- Los Angeles Cruise Transfers - Ensure that you arrive at the cruise terminal on time.
- Cruise law Blog.
- Princess Cruises.