Are you seeking Long Beach motorcycle accident attorneys after a bad crash? A motorcyclist accident might result in catastrophic injuries and cost families a fortune. Common motorcycle accident injuries include anxiety, fatal accidents, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, painful road rash, broken bones, mental health decline, and life-long physical/emotional pain. In terms of real dollars, lost wages, expensive surgeries, repair bills, and unpaid medical expenses can bankrupt victims and families after a tragic motor vehicle accident. Since 2005, Ehline Law Firm has professionally helped injured clients with automobiles as a motorcycle accident law expert with thousands of motorcycle accident claims. Call us to discover your rights right away.
Long Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Resources Guide
Below, our best personal injury attorney will discuss how our top motorcycle accident attorney in Long Beach will custom-tailor legal representation for each motorcycle rider. We’ll also cover how you can secure compensation benefits from the at-fault driver. Call our Long Beach personal injury law office at (562) 731-0668. to speak with one of our attentive team members today. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Depend On Us For Your California Motorcycle Accident Claims
But what makes Ehline’s team different and our client commitment better?
- Our Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyers stick by your side. (We provide consultations and explain applicable law and the potential risk).
- We hold at-fault drivers accountable for compensation.
- We help foster a communicative, cheerful, trustworthy environment to improve the attorney-client relationship level.
- We use hard work and experience to overcome community and police bias.
- We strategically employ our law group to navigate multiple local, state, and federal law areas.
- We will handle all auto accident claims with dedication. We do business on a no recovery, no contingency fee basis. (No win, no fee promise)
- We use our experience, impeccable reputation, and proven track record of success to further justice.
- We generously support Southern California biker clubs and non-profit charity organization needs.
How Can Our Aggressive Motorcycle Accident Lawyers For Long Beach Help You?
You and your loved one must understand that no average settlement value exists, especially after a head injury or fatalities. The best method of receiving accurate settlements for Long Beach motorcycle accidents is hiring a talented, aggressive lawyer.
Here’s some information explaining how we offer help to fallen motorcycle riders build verdicts and settlements after motorcycle accidents with cars:
Case Evaluations And Evidence Gathering
Insurance companies in Long Beach escape liability for auto accidents by lulling claimants into not hiring help. They’ll run out the clock, hoping the motorcycle rider won’t locate witnesses or receive medical care or legal assistance. These villains promise you money if you’re patient. But how much is your case worth? Will your case yield a healthy verdict/result? We want to provide you with things like a free case evaluation. Assuming you retain our legal services, we will put our investigators to work to assist the wounded rider, proving their burden of fault.
Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Investigate Motorcycle Accidents in Long Beach
Our motorcycle lawyers will look for evidence of speeding automobiles, tailgating, lane splitting, unsafe lane changes, drugs, or alcohol consumption. Was someone texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, and weaving in and out of traffic? We will seek out info about dangerous road conditions.
Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Gathers Evidence
Our office will gather data for motorcycle accident victims, including available police reports from the police officer(s), witness statements, and weather reports. We’ll hunt down valuable surveillance tapes identifying debris patterns and loose motorcycle parts. This information will help us pinpoint a defective part, an at-fault driver, threats, and more liable people, including their fault degree (s). After, our legal team can perform a proper motorcyclist v. car crash case evaluation. We’ll identify people financially responsible for paying your personal injury claim.
Insurance Company Negotiations
Your motorcycle law experts will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive fairer indemnification. We won’t let the insurers convince you to accept a lowball settlement offer as you struggle to get by after a serious auto collision. If the insurance company fails to offer you a reasonably fair damages value calculation, our law offices can seek private mediation to break the stalemate. If negotiations fail, we can advance costs for filing a Long Beach Superior Court lawsuit near you, seeking better results.
$150,000,000+ RETRIEVED FOR WOUNDED CLIENTS
- SINCE 2005 OVER 3000+ CLIENTS
- CONTINGENCY FEE BASIS
- CLIENTS TRUST US!
- WE HAVE OVER 15 CALIFORNIA LOCATIONS!
- 24-HOUR PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
- CLIENT-FOCUSED 360° CONCIERGE SERVICE
- PLUS 5-STAR-HOSPITALITY.
Common Negligent Parties And Causes of Long Beach Motorcycle Collisions
California is an at-fault state. Identifying who and what caused your motorcycle accident claim remains a vital first step toward obtaining financial compensation. Unlike no-fault jurisdictions, the negligent defendant(s) must pay their share. Victims are entitled to money for medical bills, repair or replacement parts, lost earnings, intangible pain, and suffering damages and losses.
Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents and liable defendants:
- An automobile driver.
- Distractions. Inverse visibility issues occur when inattentive drivers only see negative space around motorcyclists instead of the actual riders. A distracted driver of a private or public bus, truck, or passenger car making a left turn could knock you off your bike at high speed. A rear-end crash can kill a biker also.
- Illegal, reckless driving. Drivers must compensate you and your loved one for damages after breaking roadway rules. Texting, driving drunk, sudden stops or road raging are illegal. Wrong-way driving, excessive road speeds, abrupt lane changes, and refusing to honor a rider’s right-of-way compound crashing risks. Negligent vehicle operators pulling into a cyclist’s path are the deadliest because the automobile’s point of impact is the front of your bike.
- An employer. Companies and government agencies have vicarious liability for bad employee acts.
- A poorly designed/defective road. Motorcyclists are susceptible to crashing on improperly maintained or defectively designed public roadways with poor road conditions. Hazards include potholes, scattered debris fields left in parallel roads, and traffic lanes from storm drain runoff. Oil, mud, rubble, loose gravel, grass clippings, fallen tree branches, and animal carcasses cause crashes. Other severe risks to two-wheeled vehicles include running over a loose nail, screw, litter from an unsafe construction zone, or an open utility hole cover grabbing your tire or wheel. You may have a negligent roadway maintenance dispute. Your lawyer may be able to pursue Caltrans, the County or City of Long Beach, CA, or a private contractor.
- A defective product. Motorcycle designs cover daily commuting, long-distance travel, commuting, cruising, sporting, or off-road use. Sometimes bad motorcycle parts or another type of defect make the bike unfit for its use. The motorcycle manufacturer/equipment maker might be held accountable under product liability theories. (e.g., defective safety gear, bad helmets). Perhaps you crashed during motorcycle club (MC) formation riding? Maybe you experienced a brake failure, a pothole tire blowout, speed wobbles, or an electrical malfunction.
Compensation for motorcycle accidents is authorized by pursuing motorist negligence claims. (torts). But you will need a Long Beach motorcycle accident attorney with experience. You need lawyers giving dedicated to holding people financially accountable for a motorcycle accident claim. Get a free consultation.
Common Injuries Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Firm Take
Motorcycling social activities like joining a motorcycle club and attending motorcycle rallies help teach road hazard injury avoidance. But you can’t prevent all wrecks. But no one can predict a motorbike collision’s severity, with its few safety features, offering zero roll cage protection. A motorcyclist collision in LA might quickly become life-altering and severe. Long Beach has some of the busiest streets in the United States, with more registered vehicles clogging up our roads each year. The most frequent injuries sustained are to the toes, feet, legs, and ankles. Fatal injuries remain common after a motorcycle accident occurs.
The motorcycle crash lawyers at Ehline Law accept clients suffering all types of permanent, severe, catastrophic personal injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI), including CTE Brain injuries
- Broken bones/fractures (a broken leg, hands, fingers, toes, ankles, etc.)
- Spinal cord injuries, including tetraplegia/paralysis
- Bruising, scarring, disfigurement
- Abrasions, cuts/lacerations
- Lower extremity damage
- Road rash/friction burns
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death claim
- Limb amputation
- Fractured skulls
- Rib fractures
Survivors of serious accident motorcyclist wrecks may lose their careers since they can’t work. Survivors ensure long-term physical and psychological injuries as a consequence of crashing. Did you crash, suffer severe brain damage, post-traumatic stress disorder, coma, etc.? Have you experienced a motorcycle wreck that involved a Long Beach-area motorist? Working with a local Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from Ehline gets you an expert. During the complicated claims process, we pressure the defendant to pay more for the victim’s injuries. We’ll help victims recover compensation, including money for physical pain and lost future earnings over the victim’s life.
California Helmet Law, Head Trauma, and Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Perhaps the most important safety feature for your well-being is wearing reinforced headgear. California law requires motorcycle passengers, including all motorcyclists, to be snugly helmeted while motorcycle riding. Experts say wearing a federal DOT-approved helmet in compliance with California’s universal helmet law decreases motorcycle fatalities as well as serious injuries. Your other limited security features include motorcyclist riding gear. Wearing heavy clothing, leather chaps, and heavy boots helps protect your limbs/lower extremities.
Consequences Of Failing To Wear Your Helmet
If you refuse to wear your motorcycle helmet riding in California, you are breaking traffic laws. You potentially face a traffic fine, notice to appear citation, vehicle seizure, and licensure suspension.
Helmet laws won’t automatically bar a victim from receiving intangible losses compensation. Just because you broke the law by leaving your head unprotected during a motorcycle wreck, other body parts get impacted too. A defendant may argue California’s pure comparative negligence law to shift your motorcycle accident claim blame. They’ll use this technique to offset eye, face, and teeth payments and head injuries.
- Pure Comparative Negligence – Failure to Wear A Helmet Defense
The other side’s medical expert testimony must show your wound would have been reduced/avoided but for your illegal failure to wear a helmet.
The court will instruct the jury to determine the motorcycle accident victim’s percentage of fault for inflating their injuries. If someone failed to wear head protection, causing 50% of their harm, they would recapture 50% less compensation. Your motorcycle accident lawyer at Ehline Law Firm fights to counter these defenses.
Bias – Who’s At Fault For A Motorcycle Accident Claim While Lane Splitting?
Since August 19th, 2016, California state is no longer neutral on the subject of motorcyclist lane splitting. California’s lane-splitting law makes lane sharing legal. This maneuver is the practice of a motorcyclist riding forward in between lanes in the direction of stopped or moving traffic flow.
- Distinguished From Illegal, Reckless Driving
Traffic expert studies show that correctly sharing lanes while riding motorcycles remains a safe transportation method. These professionals say lane sharing reduces road congestion as well as traffic accident cases. Many police reports have unfairly blamed the motorcyclist. Some cops automatically believe other biased motorists as the victim lays on the ground, unconscious in many personal injury cases.
Popular Motorcycle Collision Culture
Popular culture depicting the biker lifestyle created a controversial, pessimistic view of most bikers. Many drivers view lane splitting as inherently dangerous to surrounding vehicle operators, including motorcyclists. Motorcyclists who recklessly lane split through motor vehicles at high speeds under unsafe conditions increase road dangers to others. This riding risk can make bikers comparatively liable for their entire crash.
If proof exists you were driving too fast, making unsafe turns, weaving recklessly, failed to obey traffic laws, you’ll get less or nothing. But experts say the majority of motorcyclists comply with California’s lane-splitting regulations. You need to protect your financial recovery in complex lane-splitting accident claims. It would help if you got advice from a motorcycle accident lawyer in Long Beach.
Compensation For All Your Long Beach Motorcycle Accident Claims?
Depending on the party at fault or the types of injury claims, we can get you money for a motorcycle accident injury claim. Did you suffer a catastrophic injury? Maybe you have a less severe wound-like road rash?
Did factors out of your control cause your partial or complete impairment? Clients are entitled to totally fair compensation. Clients deserve to know that their property repairs and medical expenses are covered.
Some Important Things About Motorcycle Injuries
- The most innovative way to understand your rights after a motorcycle accident depends on asking counsel questions during your consultation. When you receive your free consultation, our Long Beach motorcycle accident attorneys will thoughtfully answer your questions after such injuries.
- Our office’s well-trained Long Beach personal injury attorney will assist the wounded motorcyclist. We will investigate, documenting the following damages:
- Special Damages
- Disability-linked expenses (nursing care, specialized transport, etc.)
- Attorney’s fees, including out-of-pocket costs
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost income
- Rental car/Uber-Lyft charges
- Bike repairs or replacement.
- Mental-emotional issues
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
Punitive damages are awarded rarely. Although a minor motorcycle accident case doesn’t always cause severe, catastrophic injuries, it can cost more than a significant collision. A fatal accident tends to impact life more, making it worth more.
Talented motorcycle attorneys in Long Beach find ways to settle your case after gathering reparations evidence, or they can let a qualified jury evaluate case information during the trial.
A jury will decide on intangible/tangible harm by determining the plaintiff’s nature and extent of severe injuries during the trial. Using proven negotiation tactics, we will help you receive a maximum financial recovery value for your severe motorcycle crash.
What Is Your Motorcycle Accident Case Statute of Limitations in California?
When you seek compensation, time is of the essence! Depending on who’s at fault, plaintiffs must file their motorcycle accident cases before California’s statutory deadlines expire from injury discovery. Motorcyclists must lodge a government demand within six months. Civil lawsuits must be filed within two years of motorcycle collisions unless an exception applies. Generally, motorcyclists failing to bring a timely action for serious injury or a family member’s wrongful death are time-barred from pursuing future recovery.
Once hired, your superlative, Long Beach motorcycle accident attorneys will offer legal advice, calendar your dates, and protect the statute. Our veteran partners/associates do more to speed up cases, streamlining the settlement process. We’ll gather evidence and identify at-fault drivers. We will meet the plaintiff’s car accident personal injury claim deadline.
Smart Safety Tips And Steps After A Motorcycling Accident in Long Beach
The injured motorcyclist can take many innovative steps before hiring Long Beach, CA, motorcycle accident lawyers to protect their rights against the liable party.
- Find haven. Protect/shelter victims at the crash site, nearby safer concrete barrier, shoulder, sidewalk, sidestreet, or alleyway if capable.
- Give-get triage. Don’t worry about determining fault. You need to get to a safe place, stabilize yourself, then check on others with casualties, including the at-fault party.
- Dial 911.* Without admitting fault, riders should report any fatality, bodily injury, or property damage with more than $1,000 damage to the California Highway Patrol or a local city police station. *(Officers have no duty to protect a plaintiff, conduct a traffic collision investigation, or create an accident report).
- Request medical evacuation. Ask for helicopter or ambulance EMT assistance in cases involving severe wounds. Even if you think you weren’t hurt, you must get directly to urgent care, a hospital, or see your doctor. This care helps your riding injuries heal, preventing insurers from arguing you suffered other types of circumstances elsewhere.
- Move or cordon off your damaged bike. If you’re not physically disabled, you must move your bike, including broken parts, from the street if you can’t try safely diverting motorists using emergency flares or hand signals, preventing further collisions.
- Obtain information. You must exchange financial responsibility (insurance policy number, agent contact phone number, etc.) information, identifying each other person.
- Snap photos. Taking iPhone images with your cell phone camera will geocode the location for later proof. Call a close friend or family member to snap pictures of a poor road, or crashed bike, including the wreck scene area.
- Report motorcycle crashes to the insurance company. Generally, it would be best never to give statements to the at-fault party’s insurance representative before speaking to a lawyer. But you should factually report your accident within 24 hours of the wreck without incriminating yourself.
- Treat medically till completion. You must follow your doctor’s orders, attend physical therapy, take your prescription drugs without treatment gaps, etc. The insurance company will ding you, claiming you exacerbated your injuries by not following your treatment regimen.
- Collect/preserve evidence. Gather accurate documentary records showing your liability/damages assertions are valid. This work can include securing your helmet for safekeeping, along with your riding gear and copies of your physical treatment medical expenses. Electronically storing iPhone/Android images for lawyer review helps win your case later.
- Contact your motorcycle accident attorney. Don’t ruin a strong case by opening your mouth. Before you speak with adjusters at insurance companies, get legal help from Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC. Our staff has handled hundreds of torts. We can serve your needs from the beginning, increasing your maximum compensation odds.
The insurer has expertise in engaging instances of deception, hindering your financial recoupment while optimizing insurance company profits. Retaining a motorcycle attorney from the beginning will increase your chances of winning a higher recovery. An accident victim deserves the best representation with charisma and skill, not insurance company obstacles.
The professionals at our tier-one will carefully negotiate a risk with insurers, refusing to accept a lowball settlement offer on behalf of our clients. We understand the peculiar dynamics of being struck or ejected riding a motorbike. Before your motorcycle crash claim gets too far, you must hire our team near you to protect your rights. Let our very best Long Beach motorcycle accident attorney handle the settlement process.
Speak With A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Long Beach About Your Case
Speak immediately with a lawyer for a motorcycle accident in Long Beach from Ehline’s offices about your unique accident claim problems today for help. Victims of devastating motorcycle accidents in Long Beach, CA, can request a free case review and consultation with our law offices; call us 24 hours a day.
In addition, choosing our legal services means we will collect no payment unless we win your California contingency case. A listening, trustworthy advocate awaits your essential phone call at (562) 731-0668.
Any injured motorcycle rider can use our online intake form for faster turnaround times. The answers you need for questions about all types of motorcycle wrecks are a phone call away.
Long Beach personal injury lawyers proudly serve the following Long Beach zip codes: 90711 / 90712 / 90731 / 90740 / 90755 / 90801 / 90802 / 90803 / 90804 / 90805 / 90806 / 90807 / 90808 / 90809 / 90810 / 90813 / 90814 / 90815 / 90822 / 90831 / 90832 / 90833 / 90834 / 90835 / 90840 / 90842 / 90844 / 90845 / 90846 / 90847 / 90848 / 90853 / 90888 / 90895 / 90899.