Long Beach Bus Collision Lawyers
Long Beach Bus Accident/Collision Lawyers.
Bus accidents in the seaside city of Long Beach occur from an assortment of causes or actions. Any of these incidents can result in injuries. At the end of the day, you, as the injured victim will need Long Beach bus accident attorneys with experience and resources.
Table of Contents:
- What are Some Bus Driver Issues?
- What are the Most Common Forms of Negligence?
- Maintenance and Defective Parts Issues?
- Who Can Be Liable?
- Is there Third Party Causation Such as Motorists in Autos?
- What is the Importance of Getting Your Own Attorney?
There are common causes of bus accidents; they include negligence and improper vehicle maintenance.
Here, we will attempt to explain the:
- Causes of bus accidents
- Legal remedies for victims
After bodily or mental injuries from a crash, you must speak with experienced counsel. Also, there are many types of buses that frequent this great city. So these include private party charter buses, tours, and municipally run bus lines.
Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC has the skill and drive to build your case. One thing that makes us different is that you know we get results. Plus, we will keep you apprised of the goings-on in your case.
What Are Some Long Beach Bus Driver Negligence Issues?
- More dangerous is when the bus driver is not entirely focused and alert.
- So the bus driver, when not alert, can make serious errors.
- Ultimately, this places the passengers at risk.
Mistakes or driver errors can include:
- Traveling over the speed limit
- Driving aggressively in inclement weather
After a bus accident, our Long Beach accident attorneys will do a complete investigation of the crash. Once retained, we do this on behalf of you, the injured victim. So right away, we will discover if negligence played a role.
- Unsafe Lane Changes by the Long Beach Transit System Bus Driver: During a scheduled route, the bus pulls over to the right of the road to pick up and discharge passengers. When the bus driver does not check the oncoming traffic, it can result in a bus accident.
- Bus Drivers that are Distracted: The distracted bus driver puts the passengers at risk. Also, the risk of a bus crash dramatically increases when distracted. Distractions include changing the radio, eating, and texting or talking on a cell phone. All of this means the bus driver does not stay focused on the road or traffic.
- Driver Fatigue: The law requires commercial drivers to keep log records. They are supposed to jot down the amount of sleep they have had, for example. Also, they must document the hours they are on the road. This log can become falsified in some cases. So this means the driver is attempting to meet impractical schedules. Bus driver fatigue increases the risk of a bus accident. Hence, it is negligent for them to be on the road. An accident by a fatigued driver could mean the bus company or owner can be held accountable.
- Going Over the Speed Limit: The bus driver over the speed limit will have a severe time braking and making turns. Speeding raises the risk of being involved in a bus accident.
- Driving Under the Influence: When a bus driver is under the influence, they put the passengers at risk of being injured. Also, they can be held criminally liable for operating the bus while under the influence (read more.) Bus companies or bus owners can become responsible for the actions of the driver. Especially actual is the case when a driver gets hired with a bad driving history. Maybe the driver even had DUI offenses? Attorneys can dig up this information for you.
What About Poor Maintenance and Defective Bus Parts As a Cause of Bus Accidents in Long Beach?
- It is crucial to find out if the bus malfunctioned, or if it was driver error.
- Cases exist where improper maintenance is the cause.
- Other causes include defective steering, faulty brakes, or broken engine parts.
But your Long Beach mischance requires counsel who will conduct a proper investigation. Most of all, this ensures the responsible or liable parties remain accountable until you are paid off. After all, they must pay for their actions or non-actions.
- If not, but for this negligence, their actions jointly and severally would not have led to or contributed to the bus tragedy.
- Bus company or bus owners.
- The companies that remain responsible for making and creating mechanisms are liable.
- A mechanic or car repair shop who did faulty repairs remains liable.
- Bus manufacturers of a weak or defective design remain on the hook.
- Defective parts manufacturer.
- In some cases, the city or county is liable as well.
Well, first off, if you run into crummy bus driver, report him or her right away to the bus company, and law enforcement, verbally and in writing. Make a record. Heck, some people record these things on their smartphones.
But it may already be too late for that. If you're here today, you're already injured.
But these wrecks are not always the bus driver's fault.
- Careless or reckless drivers crash all the time.
- Often the bus driver cannot maneuver around the wreck.
- So this could be a lousy motorist who ran a red light.
- Perhaps another driver was speeding, distracted, or under the influence?
Irrespective of this, the motor vehicle driver causing a bus accident can be held responsible. Also, in some cases, the bus company or owner's insurance company can be liable for the bus driver. But you need legal help to understand your rights.
When in a commercial city bus incident, you must speak with a legal eagle. The law limits the amount of time you have to file a bus accident injury claim. And the bus company(ies), and the insurance company(ies) will fight it.
Usually, they have a team of "thieves with suits on." Mostly, these are lawyers representing their interests. But they also use adjusters to browbeat victims into submission. However, in cases of disputed claims, our attorneys possess extraordinary litigation skills.
Hence, they can help you to recover the maximum amount of compensation under the law. So we fight to get you money. This is for the damages and losses you have suffered. For a free, no-obligation review, reach us toll-free at (888) 400-9721.
Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC 5001 Airport Plaza Dr #210 Long Beach, CA 90805 US Phone: (562) 731-0668.Reach out to a Los Angeles, California personal injury lawyer specialist near you or another location or practice area as follows: Torrance wrongful death lawyer, Torrance car accident lawyer, Torrance motorcycle accident lawyer.