Long Beach Train Accident Lawyers
Need to File a Train Crash Lawsuit in Long Beach? Ehline Law Can Help!
The train accident attorneys at Ehline Law Firm have proudly assisted injury victims in Long Beach, California, for over ten years. Our representation includes helping people in train wrecks. How could that happen, you ask?
Well, without warning, a train wreck can injure people or take lives. Ehline Law Firm gets wounded passengers money for their troubles after a train crash.
Table of Contents:
- Why Train Wrecks Happen in the LBC
- Train Operator Negligence
- Common Operations Negligence
- Improper Maintenance
- Defective Train Parts and Repairs
- Bad Drivers
- Getting a Lawyer
What Makes Ehline Law Firm Different?
- We are right here in this historic maritime community of Long Beach ("LBC").
- Proven track record helping injured Southern Californians get indemnified for tragic calamities.
- Our expert team is here to assist you and your families 24-7.
- We make insurance companies pay their fair share.
- Marine veteran and attorney Michael Ehline and his team take great pride in helping you.
- Ehline Law Firm's motto is "do or die."
What are Some Reasons Long Beach Train Accidents Happen?
These mishaps include:
- Operator error
- Lack of proper train maintenance. For example, outsiders hired by the railroad company may have improperly cared for the rail tracks.
Train Conductor Negligence as a Cause of Injury?
Train operator negligence can be a reason for devastating accidents. An engineer is responsible for a train that weighs hundreds of tons. When the train operator is not alert and fails to remain focused on the tracks, accidents occur. The type of train does not matter. Hence, whether passenger trains or freight trains, calamities often result in mass casualties.
- Inexperienced train operators are often responsible for avoidable errors.
- The consequences of traveling at speeds too fast for curves, cause derailments.
- People inside and outside the train are at risk for permanent disabilities and death.
Thus, when operators fail to conduct safe operations, they're acceptable outside margins of error. Therefore, people get hurt.
Ordinary Operator Negligence Can Lead to Serious Injuries or Death?
- Train Operator Not Alert: This happens when a train operator does not focus on operating the train and the tracks. Thus, he may be talking and texting on a cell phone. Or he could even be eating or adjusting the radio. Conductors are also easily distracted. Hence, their negligence can result in a crash.
- Operator Fatigue: The fatigued train operator places the passengers and crew at a higher risk of being injured. Train operators travel long distances. They can get tired. So this can contribute to their inability to focus on the operation of the train and the tracks.
- Traveling too fast: The train operator that moves at a higher rate of speed than they should; can cause the train to derail. Of particular danger is moving too fast on curves. The more cars that are attached to the train's engine, the longer time to stop. Even more disconcerting is if the train is traveling too fast. When it needs to stop quickly, this can cause the train to derail or hit fixed objects.
- Failing to Stop: Trains have lights at intersections and exchanges. When there is a failure to stop, this can cause a wreck (Learn More.)
The lack of proper maintenance of a train or the tracks can also cause a train to crash, collide or derail. It is also possible for the train operator to lose control even when focused. The train can go off the rails at increasing speed. When there is a lack of maintenance of the train or the tracks, people can die.
- Inadequate maintenance places passengers and crew at a high risk of being severe injuries. Think about it!
The negligent parties accountable include:
- The company that owns the train.
- The transit company when the train accident involves a local train.
Defective Train Parts and Repairs
- Defective parts
- Mechanical repair company or person that is responsible for the maintenance of the train.
When a wreck occurs, the negligent party(ies) can be held accountable with the help of Ehline Law Firm.
Negligent parties include:
- Repair companies or mechanics enlisted to perform maintenance on the train.
- Parts manufacturers, when the part is a defective or weak design.
When there is a train crash, it is not always the train operator that is at fault.
- For example, the accident can be due to the driver of another train that causes a collision.
- Furthermore, it could have been the driver of a car or street driven vehicle.
For example, when ignoring the train warning arms and lights, motorists can cause a train crash. The same goes for cars parked on the tracks. Thus, the train engineer and the owner or driver of the vehicles can be jointly and severally liable. So each pays for the role that each of them played in the smash-up — making sense so far?
Legal advice is valuable after involvement in a Long Beach train accident. Hence, it is vital to have an experienced train accident attorney protecting your rights. The train or transit company and their lawyers can seem intimidating. The insurance company or train parts manufacturers will also have top-shelf legal representation. So be ready, because they have heavy hitters protecting their client's interests.
So the victim need's a trigger puller on their team as well. Someone who can stay focused and never take their eye off the ball. After all, the goal is compensation, not revenge. The defendant's purpose is not to compensate the injured victims after a train crash.
Contact a Lawyer to Protect your Train Crash Rights in Long Beach.
The personal injury plaintiff attorneys at Ehline Law Firm protect your victim's rights above all else. So we provide the best possible representation for your ailments and monetary reimbursement.
You are tearing up. So you deserve to recover fair compensation. The compensation is to cover your injuries, damages, and losses suffered. Our compassionate counselors can be reached by telephone at (888) 400-9721. Let our team give you a no-obligation consultation.Reach out to a Los Angeles, California personal injury lawyer specialist near you or another location or practice area as follows: Torrance wrongful death lawyer, Torrance car accident lawyer, Torrance motorcycle accident lawyer.