Causes of Fast Food Drive Thru Accidents
Drive-Thru Location Car Accidents Are More Common Than You Would Think.
Believe it or not, one of the leading places for auto accidents is the fast-food restaurant parking lot and drive-thru area. What a crazy idea, right? Well, ever since COVID-19 hit, I have noticed an increase in vehicular traffic at or near the entries, exits and within the drive thru’s themselves, of many fast-food chains around Torrance, and Los Angeles at large. And I have actually witnessed several rear-enders near a McDonalds by my offices in Torrance, California.
But whether it is McDonald's or Chik-Fil A or Wendy's or anything similar, many of these places have played a role in ruining some Americans' lives and health. And this is not due to the poison they pass off as food. In fact, just by virtue of their location and roadway traffic many of these places to get food fast are magnets for traffic-related injuries. Take a second to think about it.
Fast food restaurants are among the most popular in the nation. Every day, millions of Americans head to get food from these establishments. Since the beginning of Coronavirus, even more, people headed to their local Burger King or Taco Bell because the pandemic banned in-person dining. All of these became a major issue considering the sheer volume of vehicles headed to these fast food joints.
Our Experience In Fast Food Accidents.
Years of experience handling car accidents means that we understand why and how these types of crashes happen, including the role of eating and driving may play in driver distraction. And this is further the point, considering the impacts of low impact crashes and the light damage they may do to a vehicle bumper, for example. Consider that many Americans believe low impact crashes are by far less to worry about than a big impact.
However, low MPH crashes can exacerbate pre-existing severe health conditions. Also, someone hitting your rear bumper in a drive-thru can cause you issues such as whiplash, brain damage, broken bones, hairline fractures, and even more. Combine these catastrophic factors together, you can understand the heightened risk of fast food joints to good health.
Other Causes of Fast Food Accidents.
In addition, getting off the road for a bite to eat also puts many Americans in a different frame of mind. Once in the parking lot or the drive-thru, they may not be paying as much attention to the road. Perhaps the role of the changed settings has something to do with it.
Driver Distraction is a Big Reason?
Whether inattentively eating or choosing a menu item or checking their phone, the dynamic changes for many people once in the parking lot. And this goes double for parents with a car full of kids. So drivers beware, entering, parking, and exiting a fast food restaurant requires the need for constant attention while behind the wheel of an automobile, any type of motorized conveyance. Of course, this remains true no matter where you are or what you are doing.
But since more and more people congregate at these locations, statistically, there is an increased likelihood of a low-speed fender bender, or running over a child while backing out, for example. For more info on low speed or fast food car accidents, continue reading our site. Our combined decades of experience are second to none.
Need a civil injury lawyer closer to you? Reach out to a:Bus Accident lawyer in Newport Beach, CA, Redondo Beach Bicycle Pathway Accident Lawyers, Marina del Rey, CA accident lawyers near you.
Practice Area Information
- 15 Passenger Van Accident Attorney
- Agriculture - Combine Harvesters
- Amtrak Injury Attorney
- Armored Vehicles
- ATV Injuries
- Auto "Turo" Accident
- Auto Door Latch Defects
- Auto Loaner Accident
- Auto Rental Accident
- Bad Weather Motorcycle Accidents
- Basic Evidence Gathering in a Vehicular Negligence Claim
- Bicycle Crash FAQs
- Bicycle Defects
- Bicycle Helmet Laws
- Bicycle Laws
- Big Rig Docking Bay Accidents
- Big Rig Truck Accident
- Birth Injury
- Black Box Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Brain Injury
- Broken Ankle Attorney
- Broken Pelvis Attorney
- Bus Accident
- California Hit and Run
- California Motorcycle Attorneys
- Car Accident - Negligent Entrustment
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Chemical Burns & Explosions
- Child Bicycle Passengers
- Church Bus Accident Attorney
- Climate - Bad Weather Road Debris
- Climate - Rainy Day Accident
- Cold Tire Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Bicycle Injuries
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
- Common Motorcycle Rider Injuries
- Construction Accident
- Cruise Ship Strict Liability Law
- Cruise Tour Shore Excursions
- Crush Injury
- Defective Automobile
- Defective Baby Seat
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Glass Claims
- Defective Seat-Backs
- Deglove Injury Attorney
- Delivery Vehicle Accidents
- Dimished Value Property Claims
- Distracted Eating and Driving
- Dust Fires & Explosions
- Elder Abuse - Common Abuse Types
- Elder Nursing Homes and Dependent Care Regulations
- Elderly Dehydration Symptoms
- Electric Vehicle Accident
- Electrical Death and Injury
- Electrocution Burns
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Fault in Truck Accidents
- FedEx Truck Accidents
- Food Service Burns
- Gas Explosions
- Gas Tank Explosion
- Getting Paid Money For Riding Injuries
- Glossary Trucking Law Terms
- Government Claims - Cal Trans Accidents
- GrubHub Accidents
- Hazardous Materials
- Head on Collisions
- Insurance Dispute Lawyers
- Insurance Q & A Video
- Know the California Rules for Roadways
- L.A. and U.S. Traffic Accident Statistics
- Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Limousine Accidents
- Los Angeles Defective Trailer Hitch Injury Lawyers
- Machine Accidents
- Michael P. Ehline Bicycle Attorney
- Military Bus Accident Attorney
- Motor Vehicle Burns and Smoke
- Motor Vehicle Ejections
- Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accident Terms and Phrases
- Motorcycle Defects
- Motorcycle Fracture Injury
- Motorcycle Head On Collisions
- Motorcycle Hit And Run Accidents in L.A.
- Motorcycle Injury Statistics
- Motorcycle Left Hand Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Passenger Injury
- Motorcycle Speeding Collisions
- Motorcycle Spinal Cord Injuries
- Open Car Door Injuries
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Overexertion Attorneys